LetsGoPens.com
Game Database 1967-2014 | Message Board
Logo image
Penguins Countdown:
Sections
blank image
Home
blank image
blank image
Schedule
blank image
blank image
Results
blank image
blank image
Standings
blank image
blank image
Pens Roster
blank image
blank image
Pens Stats
blank image
blank image
Pens Injuries
blank image
blank image
Pens Transactions
blank image
blank image
Newspaper Headlines
blank image
blank image
Practice Schedule
blank image
blank image
Pens Info
blank image
blank image
Tomas' Translations
blank image
blank image
Netwolf's Camp Reports
blank image
blank image
Multimedia
blank image
blank image
Pens History
blank image
blank image
Pens Records
blank image
blank image
NHL CBA
blank image
blank image
Pens Links
blank image
blank image
Contact
blank image
blank image
blank image
blank image
 
Support LetsGoPens.com!

 
Poll Question
Of the following, who will lead the Penguins in scoring in the 2014 playoffs?
Sidney Crosby
Jussi Jokinen
Chris Kunitz
Evgeni Malkin
James Neal
     Results
 
Last Five Games
Record: 2-3-0
 5-5  NYR  2-0  W
 5-7  NYR  4-2  W
 5-9  NYR  1-5  L
 5-11  NYR  1-3  L
 5-13  NYR  1-2  L
 
April, 2004

Fleury sent to WBS (12-Apr-2004)
G Marc-Andre Fleury has been assigned to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Fleury will join the Pens in time for their opening round playoff match-up against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers which starts Thursday, April 15th at 7:05pm EDT.

Caps win Draft Lottery drawing. (6-Apr-2004)
The Capitals have won the NHL Entry Draft Lottery which moves the Penguins down to the second pick. The official press release is available at http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/press/arts/699.0.php.

Pens close out 2003-04 with 4-3 victory over Caps. (4-Apr-2004)
Pittsburgh finishes the season with a win by beating Washington 4-3 in front of 16,124 fans at Mellon Arena. Lasse Pirjeta made it 1-0 at 6:11 of the first by taking an Aleksey Morozov feed and jamming it home from the crease. Stephen Peat tied it at one with 35 seconds to go in the first. Pirjeta made it 2-1 with a slapper from the slot 11 seconds into the second period. Ex-Pen Kip Miller tied it at two at 10:31 of the second but Matt Bradley regained the lead 1:02 later with a shot that beat Caps goalie Matthew Yeats five-hole. Brian Willsie tied it at three with 3:59 to go in the game. Milan Kraft got the game-winner with 2:38 with a high wrister from the slot. The Pens finished the season on a 12-5-3 run after losing 18 straight.

On a personal note, I just want to thank everyone for checking out the site this season!

Penguins announce annual team award winners (4-Apr-2004)
Leading Point Scorer - Dick Tarnstrom
Edward J. DeBartolo Community Service Award - Steve McKenna and Rico Fata
Baz Bastien "Good Guy" Award - Brooks Orpik
A.T. Caggiano Booster Club Award - Ryan Malone
Player's Player Award - Kelly Buchberger
Michel Briere Rookie of the Year Award - Ryan Malone
Masterton Trophy Nominee - Landon Wilson
Most Valuable Player - Dick Tarnstrom

Pens clinch last place. (3-Apr-2004)
The Penguins have clinched last place with today's overtime loss by the Blackhawks. Pittsburgh will pick no lower than second pending the NHL entry draft lottery drawing which will be held at noon on April 6th. The Pens have a 48.2% chance of selecting first and a 51.8% chance of picking second. The overwhelming choice for the top pick is Russian Alexander Ovechkin.

Penguins beat Thrashers 3-2 (2-Apr-2004)
The Penguins hold off Atlanta and win 3-2 keeping Chicago in the hunt for last place overall. Lasse Pirjeta made it 1-0 at 18:48. Kelly Buchberger got his first of the season at 1:36 of the second. Buchberger hadn't scored since March 4, 2003 ironically against the Pens while with Phoenix. Dany Heatley got the Thrashers on the board with his 13th of the year at 9:26 of the second. Aleksey Morozov scored the eventual game-winner with an empty-netter with 48 seconds to go in the game. Ilya Kovalchuk who had 14 shots on goal and saw 34:05 of ice time netted his 40th of the season with 5.6 to go to make the final 3-2 Pittsburgh.

Back to main page

Schedule for July 27th - August 9th | Full Schedule | Full Results
SUNMONTUEWEDTHUFRISAT
27 
 
 
 
 
28 
 
 
 
 
29 
 
 
 
 
30 
 
 
 
 
31 
 
 
 
 
1 
 
 
 
 
2 
 
 
 
 
3 
 
 
 
 
4 
 
 
 
 
5 
 
 
 
 
6 
 
 
 
 
7 
 
 
 
 
8 
 
 
 
 
9 
 
 
 
 
FSP - ROOT | VS - NBCSN | NBC - NBC | NHL - NHL
HOME - AWAY : All times listed in ET.
NHL Center Ice schedule: DirecTV (sat.) - Dish (sat.) - InDemand (dig. cable)
 
Advertisement



Copyright © 1995-2014, LetsGoPens.com - Privacy Policy   [3-23-289] Last modified: Aug 2, 2014 - 1:07am
e-mail Pittsburgh Penguins
created.pookalooka.com Pittsburgh Penguins