What happened?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: What happened?

Postby brwi on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 am

ejd43 wrote:I always enjoyed Mikey’s post. I think I mentioned it in another post but what ever happened to him? Dude seemed legit in his hockey knowledge, and if I recall correctly he had a lot of scouting notes and info on lesser known players.

Yeah, miss Mikey and also Draftnik.

Igloo Report Gary seemed to lose interest in his own board and then I discovered LGP and wondered what took so damn long.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 am

I have to admit that I have been absent a lot over the last year and a half. I still read everything but don't post very much in GDT anymore.
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:39 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
no name wrote:Does anyone remember Penglose from the Trib message board, if there ever was a heal or blow hard you didn't want to listen to that was the guy.

Chirpin Grinder was another. But these types come and go there will always be a few of them out there. They are not original and don't seem to "get it".

I actually fear something bad happened to Chirpin' Grinder. I don't think he actually stopped posting here, I think something happened. Around the time he was getting a lot of flack here, I noticed he was posting a lot on DK's comments section. Different name, but it was very easy to see that it was him, as he would post almost identical things in both places. You could easily tell by the tone and the viewpoint.

His posts suddenly stopped here and on DK's site. Unfortunately, I don't know any of his registered email addresses to check to see if the dude was OK. All I know is from Chripin was in South Florida like I am.

If there is anyone else here that actually cared, I got word through a source that Chirpin' Grinder is fine.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jim on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Just ruin my day...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ville5 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Chirp, come back.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bse on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:19 am

brwi wrote:
ejd43 wrote:I always enjoyed Mikey’s post. I think I mentioned it in another post but what ever happened to him? Dude seemed legit in his hockey knowledge, and if I recall correctly he had a lot of scouting notes and info on lesser known players.

Yeah, miss Mikey and also Draftnik.

Igloo Report Gary seemed to lose interest in his own board and then I discovered LGP and wondered what took so damn long.

Aye, IR was legend, until owner/admin Gary J. Patalsky soured on it. I remember you and many others who came over. I read LGP daily, but have rarely posted in recent years, besides playoffs.
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pressure=9Pa on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:40 am

I always noticed that the post volume seemed to increase (particularly in GDTs) once the Steelers were eliminated as well.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sigwolf on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 am

ville5 wrote:Chirp, come back.

Or better yet, don't.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 am

Sigwolf wrote:
ville5 wrote:Chirp, come back.

Or better yet, don't.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby murphydump55 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:18 am

Jim wrote:Just ruin my day...

You were actually hoping that something bad happened to him because of his views on a message board? If so, that's really sad.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby Jim on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 am

murphydump55 wrote:

You were actually hoping that something bad happened to him because of his views on a message board? If so, that's really sad.

Don't forget, I am the "Half Button" guy. If you set it in front of me right now I would push it before you finished explaining what it did.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:11 am

Jim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Don't forget, I am the "Half Button" guy. If you set it in front of me right now I would push it before you finished explaining what it did.

I think I've come across a picture of Jim posting.

Spoiler:

((This was an attempt at humour, not a personal attack. No cats were harmed making this image.))
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 am

Jim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

So that's your justification for wishing ill thoughts upon people?
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby Great58 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 am

Puck-Lurker wrote:
Jim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Spoiler:

((This was an attempt at humour, not a personal attack. No cats were harmed making this image.))

I think he works for the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 am

Puck-Lurker wrote:
Jim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Spoiler:

No, I'm that stick figure drawn face with the ARRRRG...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:47 am

murphydump55 wrote:
Jim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

So that's your justification for wishing ill thoughts upon people?

Free will?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sjnhiils on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Great58 wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
Jim wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Spoiler:

I think he works for the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency.

Or maybe he was up in the press box sending the two 4th down calls down to the sidelines!!
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RentedMule66 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:29 am

FLPensFan wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
no name wrote:Does anyone remember Penglose from the Trib message board, if there ever was a heal or blow hard you didn't want to listen to that was the guy.

Chirpin Grinder was another. But these types come and go there will always be a few of them out there. They are not original and don't seem to "get it".

I actually fear something bad happened to Chirpin' Grinder. I don't think he actually stopped posting here, I think something happened. Around the time he was getting a lot of flack here, I noticed he was posting a lot on DK's comments section. Different name, but it was very easy to see that it was him, as he would post almost identical things in both places. You could easily tell by the tone and the viewpoint.

His posts suddenly stopped here and on DK's site. Unfortunately, I don't know any of his registered email addresses to check to see if the dude was OK. All I know is from Chripin was in South Florida like I am.

If there is anyone else here that actually cared, I got word through a source that Chirpin' Grinder is fine.

I'm in southwest Florida too.... where are you located FLPF?
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:31 am

RentedMule66 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

Broward County. About 5-10 minutes tops from BB&T where Panthers play.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RentedMule66 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:50 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

Broward County. About 5-10 minutes tops from BB&T where Panthers play.

That's cool...I'm in Charlotte County on the other side of Alligator Alley... that's about an hour and a half or so away....
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins