Game 27 vs Isles - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 27 vs Isles - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Penspal on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:08 pm

Pens win 6-2

- Sid's top corner snipe was better than Sprong's... and Sid has a new winger. We can "officially" stop talking about Sprong now.
- I actually do feel sorry for the opposition goalies on night's like last night. You could stamp No Chance on about 5 of those goals.
- How did that Sheahan goal count? After a weird initial signal of "no goal", the majority of the officiating crew must have called it a goal? Replay seemed to show it was high... Bob Errey babbled like he was
- Losing Horny to a likely 2nd concussion in a short time period can't be a good sign, nor should we expect a speedy return. :(
- Crosby with Kessel and Guentzel as wingers? :shock: Did Sid suddenly want to win the scoring championship :thumb:
- I'd take Kuhnhackl over Wilson or Grant. He was the guy who Letang referenced the other day about blocked shots. He's also points on the PK and of course, the opening lineup voice over 8-)
- D played very well, lots of forward tracking back, where did this go, and will it stay for a while?
- DeSmith made a couple of nice saves.... but you could feel it going in before he even shot it. So are we at if you score more than you get scored on in the powerplay, its okay? WTF.
- Welcome back JSD... now please go & score
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 27 vs Isles - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby relantel on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Anyone else notice the TV folks talking about the cure to the SHG epidemic, talking about putting 2 dmen on there, ignoring that there WERE 2 dmen on the ice for the 2nd unit allowing the SHG last night?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Great58 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:31 pm

I never have an issue with Griess getting lit up. I don't fee badly at all, although "he had no chance on that" ran through my head as well.
From my seats, Sheahan's stick was below the cross bar, and well below his shoulders. Of course, I was looking down, so my angle might have contributed to this appearance, but I will not argue the call.
I would love for Sid to go on a tear. I want him to pass Ovechkin in career points and never look back. 22 points to move into 50th all time. Reaching 1200 this season is attainable.
I'd love for Malkin to do the same. He's got some legacy issues he should address. 1000 points is only 37 away for him.
Frankly, I don't want any of Kuhnhackl, Wilson or Grant. I think a better four line can be found in WBS.
Murray needs to come back, healthy, with his old form for this team to have any playoff success.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NJ Penguins Fan on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm

I had the Islanders feed last night, they thought the Sheahan goal was fine.
NJ Penguins Fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby relantel on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:47 pm

NJ Penguins Fan wrote:I had the Islanders feed last night, they thought the Sheahan goal was fine.

I didn't see an angle that definitively showed the contact below the crossbar. But was one of those reviews where whichever call on the ice was made, that was going to stand.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Puck-Lurker on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Penspal wrote:- Sid's top corner snipe was better than Sprong's... and Sid has a new winger. We can "officially" stop talking about Sprong now.

Just when I'd committed myself to not bringing Sprong up again.. okay once more with feeling..

Don't compare him to Crosby. Please. It's as silly as comparing Kessel to Simon. :(

That's all I'll bother with on the subject. He's no longer a Penguin, period.

Let's get out of the funk and try climb out of our hole. Third in Metro now, but there's a lot of teams logjammed, we're only four points from Metro 8.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Weegie on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:52 pm

The only Isles goals were result of the Pens screwing around and screwing up in their own end, other than that it was particularly pleasing to see them wallop the Isles who usually are a pain in the ass for them to play again so great win!!!
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins