Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby brwi on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:39 pm

What a whiff by Sid...yikes!
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,672
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Daniel on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Antonio wrote:Totally unacceptable by Malkin. However, I love how no one cares about the punch, cross check, punch... that's ok. Absurd. Malkin deserves punishment though. You just can't swing your **** stick. Petulant nonsense.


I'm actually surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often. Maybe if the NHL took some responsiblity for the nonsense, players won't have to take things too far in retaliation.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,250
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Maestro on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Daniel wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Smart Geno.

What an idiot.


Probably just tired of the cheap shots he has to endure. Match penalty for almost hitting someone. Only the NHL.


I'm okay with the 5, but how about the cross check, the roughing (punch) and the embellishment (dive)?
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,892
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby itissteeltime on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:42 pm

We had no business winning this game, but I'll take it.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,676
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: Raven/Capital Land

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby BurghThing on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:42 pm

F U Philthy
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,987
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Maestro on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Great save Murray there! 50 saves.
He stopped more rubber tonight than a condom inspector.
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,892
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby stonewizard51 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Tanger in #1 !!!
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,776
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Daniel on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Maestro wrote:
Daniel wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:Smart Geno.

What an idiot.


Probably just tired of the cheap shots he has to endure. Match penalty for almost hitting someone. Only the NHL.


I'm okay with the 5, but how about the cross check, the roughing (punch) and the embellishment (dive)?


Not to mention if the NHL is serious about hits to the head Raffl gets suspended or fined.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,250
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby brwi on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm

HURRAY!!
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,672
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Toke on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Big.
Toke
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: Fredon, New Jersey

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby BurghThing on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Daniel wrote:
Antonio wrote:Totally unacceptable by Malkin. However, I love how no one cares about the punch, cross check, punch... that's ok. Absurd. Malkin deserves punishment though. You just can't swing your **** stick. Petulant nonsense.


I'm actually surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often. Maybe if the NHL took some responsiblity for the nonsense, players won't have to take things too far in retaliation.


QFFT
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,987
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby largegarlic on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Murray was a little shaky a couple times, but overall, that was a heck of a game by him. Another strong return from injury.

The level of play from the Pens still wasn't where it needs to be, but it's great beating the Flyers in Philly however it happens.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,200
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:56 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby mariojr on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Letang with the 200 footer for the record!
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,992
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby penny lane on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:48 pm

Congratulations Kristopher Letang!

Welcome back Murray.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,233
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Retro~ let's win

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Toolsteelguy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 pm

And the nbcsn guys didn’t even mention the record.
Toolsteelguy
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Southern Fan on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Flyers played a strong game. Most promising was that the Pens were moving their legs and not reacting.
Corsi advanced stats were probably horrible.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,615
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 pm

itissteeltime wrote:We had no business winning this game, but I'll take it.


Honest take:

This looked like a game between 2 non-contenders.

I enjoy a win against Philly whenever it happens, but this Pens team is not gonna win many games where Murray/DeSmith has to make 51 saves, Kessel is on the left wing, Hornqvist is on the 4th line, Malkin takes a major, and Johnson plays over 24 minutes.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,089
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:48 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Daniel on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 pm

BurghThing wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Antonio wrote:Totally unacceptable by Malkin. However, I love how no one cares about the punch, cross check, punch... that's ok. Absurd. Malkin deserves punishment though. You just can't swing your **** stick. Petulant nonsense.


I'm actually surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often. Maybe if the NHL took some responsibility for the nonsense, players won't have to take things too far in retaliation.


QFFT


This is how jacked up the NHL is. Guy intends to hit someone in the head and succeeds, but the guy who intends to hit someone in the head (I know, it's with the stick, but he missed) and misses is the guy talked about being suspended?
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,250
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby farnham16 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Geno has to sit 5 games. That is completely unacceptable.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,976
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:55 pm

Daniel wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Antonio wrote:Totally unacceptable by Malkin. However, I love how no one cares about the punch, cross check, punch... that's ok. Absurd. Malkin deserves punishment though. You just can't swing your **** stick. Petulant nonsense.


I'm actually surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often. Maybe if the NHL took some responsibility for the nonsense, players won't have to take things too far in retaliation.


QFFT


This is how jacked up the NHL is. Guy intends to hit someone in the head and succeeds, but the guy who intends to hit someone in the head (I know, it's with the stick, but he missed) and misses is the guy talked about being suspended?


Real big difference between throwing a half-hearted punch & swinging a stick toe-end first, bro.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,089
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:48 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby theblackarts on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 pm

The Pens look SO. SLOPPY. I can't think of a situation in which this team can recover other than firing the coach or turning over 30% of the team in the offseason. I assume the later is the only option. Hopefully we miss the playoffs and get a decent first round pick to help out; that's where I am right now, haha.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Daniel on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Hot Dog Vendor wrote:
Daniel wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Antonio wrote:Totally unacceptable by Malkin. However, I love how no one cares about the punch, cross check, punch... that's ok. Absurd. Malkin deserves punishment though. You just can't swing your **** stick. Petulant nonsense.


I'm actually surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often. Maybe if the NHL took some responsibility for the nonsense, players won't have to take things too far in retaliation.


QFFT


This is how jacked up the NHL is. Guy intends to hit someone in the head and succeeds, but the guy who intends to hit someone in the head (I know, it's with the stick, but he missed) and misses is the guy talked about being suspended?


Real big difference between throwing a half-hearted punch & swinging a stick toe-end first, bro.


Sure there is and if the stick hit it's a different story. He missed or grazed. Who cares. You don't penalize for almost. It was reckless and it was stupid, but do you penalize someone for almost elbowing someone in the head?

The NHL shouldn't say they want to reduce headshots then say nothing when someone punches someone else in the head.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,250
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 pm

I watched most of this game on my phone while out this evening. Without watching the full game, and on a small screen, my general impression was the lines really didn't look that great, and the Penguins in general really didn't look very good, despite the 4 goals and the win.

Seemed like Murray bailed the team out for much of the first half of the game, as evidenced by the franchise record 28 shots against in a period.

Am I wrong? Did this team play better than they appeared to on my phone, or, was this a game that we didn't really play well but managed a win?
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,551
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby Pruezy11881 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:16 pm

FLPensFan wrote:I watched most of this game on my phone while out this evening. Without watching the full game, and on a small screen, my general impression was the lines really didn't look that great, and the Penguins in general really didn't look very good, despite the 4 goals and the win.

Seemed like Murray bailed the team out for much of the first half of the game, as evidenced by the franchise record 28 shots against in a period.

Am I wrong? Did this team play better than they appeared to on my phone, or, was this a game that we didn't really play well but managed a win?

The latter is true IMO
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,753
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 am
Location: Erie, PA

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Flyers 2/11/19

Postby BurghThing on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:17 pm

FLPensFan wrote:I watched most of this game on my phone while out this evening. Without watching the full game, and on a small screen, my general impression was the lines really didn't look that great, and the Penguins in general really didn't look very good, despite the 4 goals and the win.

Seemed like Murray bailed the team out for much of the first half of the game, as evidenced by the franchise record 28 shots against in a period.

Am I wrong? Did this team play better than they appeared to on my phone, or, was this a game that we didn't really play well but managed a win?


The second one.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,987
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crashguy66, Owchar76, pens_CT, SubtropicalPenguin and 37 guests


e-mail