Shootout goal question..............

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Shootout goal question..............

Postby bh on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:52 pm

Ok I know that the goals scored in the shootouts don't count towards any of the player stats (except shootout stats) but does the goal awarded to the winning team count towards the teams "goals for" stat? So for example; the Pens won 5-4 last night, does the 5th goal counts towards the teams goals for? It seems to me it would have to but if that is the case then you have more goals scored fro the team then if you would add up all the individual players goals scored. Seems strange to me.? :?:
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Another reason why I don't like shootouts. They exciting and all, but I don't like them being used to decide games, and then not even allowing the goals that are scored then to be counted for anything. It's lame.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby enenvee on Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:48 am

My opinion on using shootouts to decide games is directly linked to the way the Pens perform in them. Before the break I hated SOs. Now they are growing on me.
enenvee
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stillwag on Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:27 am

enenvee wrote:My opinion on using shootouts to decide games is directly linked to the way the Pens perform in them. Before the break I hated SOs. Now they are growing on me.

Haha, not a bad way of looking at it.
Stillwag
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins