Would you be upset with a salary dump?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Would you be upset with a salary dump?

Postby Mountaineer on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:38 pm

What if CP got rid of Recchi and Leclair for nothing, say a couple of picks. Would you be upset? I wouldn't. Spending money obviously doesn't guarantee success, while building through the draft does.
Mountaineer

Re: Would you be upset with a salary dump?

Postby Draftnik on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:38 pm

Mountaineer wrote:What if CP got rid of Recchi and Leclair for nothing, say a couple of picks. Would you be upset? I wouldn't. Spending money obviously doesn't guarantee success, while building through the draft does.

The trades you propose would be steals for the Pens.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Would you be upset with a salary dump?

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Mountaineer wrote:What if CP got rid of Recchi and Leclair for nothing, say a couple of picks. Would you be upset? I wouldn't. Spending money obviously doesn't guarantee success, while building through the draft does.

Recchi should bring a decent (number 2) pick, LeClair and 5 or 6. I would try to get a good young player for each, but failing that, would take this level of picks. If I couldn't get that, I would still trade LeClair for anything, but would be inclined to keep Recchi.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Racer17 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:10 pm

The better question is would you give up a higher pick, say a 2 or 3rd rounder plus Gonchar just to dump his salary and get a bag of pucks back. I say yes, but I don't know if any other team would take it.
Racer17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Furious. :twisted: I don't think this angry face pictured here would do it justice, let me try harder. :evil: Thats better. The dumping days better be over.
NIN

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins