Four teams after Recchi according to this

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Four teams after Recchi according to this

Postby ville5 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:23 pm

ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,694
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Postby the wicked child on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:28 pm

According to Madden, 2 possible trades on the table are:

Recchi + Malone to:

Calgary for Leopold

or

Philly for RJ Umberger

-----------------

take them for what its worth of course... but both are intriguing.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,546
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Postby ville5 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:30 pm

I wouldn't trade Malone straight up for either of them. Let alone throwing Recchi at them too.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,694
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Postby KG on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:35 pm

I'd pass on 2 for 1. Malone for Leopold I'd do, but that wont happen.

Leopold is a D man that is what they already have (Gonchar, Whiney, Jackman) Offense first, although he has 0 goals on the season. He is by no means a nasty physical D man which is what they should ask for if they are going to make a deal that helps.

Unless they get Leopold and can some how move Gonchar (one can dream).
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,971
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Postby ville5 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:36 pm

Leopold has a whopping 12 assists and he's 25. I realize that Phaneuf has taken some of his icetime this season, but he wasn't that good to begin with.
By the way, how do you make that gray box around what I wrote?
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,694
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Postby Draftnik on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:36 pm

the wicked child wrote:According to Madden, 2 possible trades on the table are:

Recchi + Malone to:

Calgary for Leopold

or

Philly for RJ Umberger

-----------------

take them for what its worth of course... but both are intriguing.


Either one of those would be steals of epic proportions for the Pens. Leopold allegedly is the centerpiece of Calgary's offer for Jokinen. He would be the Pens best dman by an infinite percentage if he ever laced up the skates here.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,011
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Peters Twp.

Postby Steve Latin on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:37 pm

Both deals look good to me. Leopold is only 26 and would automatically be our best d-man. He's a bonafide #2 even on a good team.

Umberger is still young and has a ton of upside. I'd rather have Mike Richards, but I doubt Philly gives him up for Rex.
Steve Latin
 

Postby FlyerNation on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:38 pm

Madden is clueless. RJ isn't going anywhere let alone for Recchi to return. The only reason anyone brings up Umberger going to the Pens is he's a local boy. I think the Flyers will try to package him in a deal for a real winger or they've been impressed with him so much it'll be Carter that goes instead of RJ or Richards.

If Recchi does come back to Philly, I'm off the boat. I will for the first time in my 23+ years of being a diehard Flyers fan root for them to lose just so the message will be clear that Clarke needs to go for once again not getting the point that bringing back underachieving washed up vets means failure. I despise Recchi so much it would make me sick to see him in Flyers orange again.

The Pens would have better luck getting Forsberg than Mike Richards. He's probably the most untouchable Flyer at this point.
Last edited by FlyerNation on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyerNation
 

Postby Draftnik on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:39 pm

ville5 wrote:Leopold has a whopping 12 assists and he's 25. I realize that Phaneuf has taken some of his icetime this season, but he wasn't that good to begin with.
By the way, how do you make that gray box around what I wrote?


Use the quote button.

Calgary is the 3rd lowest scoring team in the NHL. Leopold lost his PP time to Phaneuf and Hamerlik (when healthy). The Flames have nobody up front to score goals besides Iginla and lack playmaking forwards. Leopold is very solid positionally and plays with Regher on the top pairing to shut down the opponents best line every night.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,011
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Peters Twp.

Postby ville5 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:40 pm

He may be the centerpiece of an offer for Jokinen, but last I checked, Jokinen still plays for Florida. what does that tell ya?
That offer would have to be more than Leopold. Maybe a Nystrom thrown in.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,694
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Postby mnpensfan on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:54 pm

the wicked child wrote:According to Madden, 2 possible trades on the table are:

Recchi + Malone to:

Calgary for Leopold


-----------------

take them for what its worth of course... but both are intriguing.


I would be doing cartwheels down the hallway here at work if we land Leopold. He's one of my all-time favorite Gophers (Bonin the other....I'm still sad he never panned out) and would be a great addition to the blue line here. Although I still want CP gone, I would grant him a one-day reprieve should this deal be made.
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Cottage Grove, MN

Postby jmh70 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:08 pm

Recchi + Malone for Umberger is truly hillarious and would fit right in with CP's other decisions this year. I can really see CP sending two players better than RJ the other way in order to acquire him.

The Leopold trade is good for me, though.
jmh70
 

Postby Shinoix on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:43 pm

I could see Umberger or Leopold coming...I mean think about it, they're both American, and there's nothing more that CP likes than American players.

We need some Canadian boys on this team that play a regular shift besides Crosby, Recchi, Fleury and Ouellet.

If you think about it, our best players this year have been ...Crosby...Recchi as of late...Fleury...Jackman (point production wise), Ouellet maybe?

and holy crapola, they're all Canadian. lol
Shinoix
 

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:38 am

Draftnik wrote:Calgary is the 3rd lowest scoring team in the NHL. Leopold lost his PP time to Phaneuf and Hamerlik (when healthy). The Flames have nobody up front to score goals besides Iginla and lack playmaking forwards. Leopold is very solid positionally and plays with Regher on the top pairing to shut down the opponents best line every night.


Maybe Recchi is their fallback if they can't land Jokinen? It doesn't seem like Recchi would command much of a return given the way his contract is set up.

How good is Recchi now compared to say Joe Nieuwendyk when Dallas gave up Iginla for him? Think Dallas would like to have that back?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,347
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby borohcky9 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:49 am

I personally would love Leopald here, he may be what some consider an offensive d-man, but i believe he is simply what we need, someone who is sound defensivly, and can actually make a break-out pass or skate the puck out of the zone if needs be.

Which brings another question, who was the last Penguins D to successfully skate the puck into the offensive zone....not while on the PP?
borohcky9
 

Postby DayWalker on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:52 am

netwolf wrote:
Draftnik wrote:Calgary is the 3rd lowest scoring team in the NHL. Leopold lost his PP time to Phaneuf and Hamerlik (when healthy). The Flames have nobody up front to score goals besides Iginla and lack playmaking forwards. Leopold is very solid positionally and plays with Regher on the top pairing to shut down the opponents best line every night.


Maybe Recchi is their fallback if they can't land Jokinen? It doesn't seem like Recchi would command much of a return given the way his contract is set up.

How good is Recchi now compared to say Joe Nieuwendyk when Dallas gave up Iginla for him? Think Dallas would like to have that back?


Being that Nieuwendyk was younger than thirty, had 50 points in 46 games in the strike-shortened '94-'95 season, and had a solid playoff in the spring of 1995, I would say that we was a substantially more valuable player to acquire before the '95-'96 season than Recchi is now. Plus, I bet Dallas was content to give up Jarome Iginla, seeing as how Joe Nieuwendyk was an integral part of the franchise's only Stanley Cup-winning team in 1999...
DayWalker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Postby DayWalker on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:53 am

borohcky9 wrote:I personally would love Leopald here, he may be what some consider an offensive d-man, but i believe he is simply what we need, someone who is sound defensivly, and can actually make a break-out pass or skate the puck out of the zone if needs be.

Which brings another question, who was the last Penguins D to successfully skate the puck into the offensive zone....not while on the PP?


Sergei Zubov or the guy they traded him for, Kevin Hatcher.
DayWalker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:12 am

DayWalker wrote:Being that Nieuwendyk was younger than thirty, had 50 points in 46 games in the strike-shortened '94-'95 season, and had a solid playoff in the spring of 1995, I would say that we was a substantially more valuable player to acquire before the '95-'96 season than Recchi is now. Plus, I bet Dallas was content to give up Jarome Iginla, seeing as how Joe Nieuwendyk was an integral part of the franchise's only Stanley Cup-winning team in 1999...


Thanks, I did not remember how Nieuwendyk worked out for Dallas.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,347
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby NJ5934 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:18 am

I think everyone here is confussing Leopold with Robyn Regehr, because that is the guy we should be looking for.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,843
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:33 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

thats stupid!

Postby Pens4Life on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:00 am

Recchi and Malone for Leopold ,can we be more stupid
Or again both of them for Umberger,thats stupid too.
Ok,Recchi for Umberger and LeClair for Leopold
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,479
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

e-mail