With Orpik our for a few games???

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

With Orpik our for a few games???

Postby fourtKNOX on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 am

Anybody else think this might be the best moment to bring Welch or some other d out of wbs to see what they have at the NHL level... instead of dressing cross or somebody along those lines???

i am split about 60/40... I want to see Welch in a pens uniform... with the WBS going to the playoffs the longer he doesnt come up... I think he stays in WBS for good... on the other hand... if he comes up and isnt ready at all... obviously his confidence will be blown...

so I guess what im saying is... to me this may be the best time to give him a shot... but also could understand if he isnt called up
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:01 pm

I was thinking the same thing. It is an adaptation of my earlier idea to give all the young d-men a cup of coffee. Bring him up for these three games, just so he can see what it's like in the NHL. It certainly can't hurt. But I think this is beyond the reasoning capability of the idiot GM. he looks to the future and can't see beyond the end of his nose.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:10 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:I was thinking the same thing. It is an adaptation of my earlier idea to give all the young d-men a cup of coffee. Bring him up for these three games, just so he can see what it's like in the NHL. It certainly can't hurt. But I think this is beyond the reasoning capability of the idiot GM. he looks to the future and can't see beyond the end of his nose.

I agree. I mean...if that's OK with you? :wink:
NIN

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:32 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:I was thinking the same thing. It is an adaptation of my earlier idea to give all the young d-men a cup of coffee. Bring him up for these three games, just so he can see what it's like in the NHL. It certainly can't hurt. But I think this is beyond the reasoning capability of the idiot GM. he looks to the future and can't see beyond the end of his nose.

Ahhhh, sort of like September in MLB?

:-)

That might not go over too well in WBS - Not that it should be of any concern to the parent club :-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins