Malkin Jumbotron

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin Jumbotron

Postby Sigpi10 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:14 pm

Did anyone else catch the Malkin video that they played on the Jumbotron during the Carolina game? It was awesome! If anyone comes across it on the net, please hit me up with the link. I'm hoping the Pens put it up on the site.
For those that missed it, it was a montage that began with quotes from players about malkin..and then highlights..and ended with "Coming to an Arena Near you 9/06"
My impression is that the Pens are pretty sure they are bringing him over. I wouldn't think they would advertise something like that without having a pretty good idea he'll be here.
Sigpi10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Malkin Jumbotron

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:24 pm

Sigpi10 wrote: "Coming to an Arena Near you 9/06"

That's funny on a couple of different levels isn't it? :lol:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Malkin Jumbotron

Postby penny lane on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:43 pm

Sigpi10 wrote:Did anyone else catch the Malkin video that they played on the Jumbotron during the Carolina game? It was awesome! If anyone comes across it on the net, please hit me up with the link. I'm hoping the Pens put it up on the site.
For those that missed it, it was a montage that began with quotes from players about malkin..and then highlights..and ended with "Coming to an Arena Near you 9/06"
My impression is that the Pens are pretty sure they are bringing him over. I wouldn't think they would advertise something like that without having a pretty good idea he'll be here.

don't know why but in the middle of that ugly 1st period against the
canes it was like pens saying "nothing left for this year but we'll be doing the PR parade again real soon." Nothing against E Malkin just the situation in general...
losing takes a toll on the fans... :twisted:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jimjom on Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:16 pm

That thing was cool! (of course I can't see the Jumbotron from E Row O, but saw it on a monitor) The promo gave me chills, man...they're really banking on him coming over here for next year, basically promising it. I too hope that the arena "near you" is near here, as in not in Kansas City.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NJ5934 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:45 pm

Ironic, I bet if you asked CP about it he'd respond with the "this summer I'm expecting to speak with his agent" crap. I hope he doesn't put as much effort into bringing Malkin over as he did in resigning Robert Lang.

CP's patience was once a strongpoint. It has only hurt the fans and the franchise of late.

Malkin will be here next year only if HE makes the effort to be here.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:07 pm

Seeing that on the jumbotron would lead you to believe someone has made an organizational decision to go after Malkin's release. It doesn't make much sense to basically advertise Malkin's coming arrival if you aren't going to back it up.

Then again, PR hasn't exactly been a strength lately with this club.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins