My Tuesday Night Game Report

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby MrKnowNothing on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:22 pm

I think I was sitting in South E a little while ago against Ottawa when they got blownout. I like the view from E a lot, although the seats are cramped up there, but the guy behind me was easily the biggest moron I've ever encountered in my life.

This guy was probably mid fourties, and all the stereotypical yinzer traits applied. It was so mind-bendingly awful to listen to for the duration of the game that it actually took my mind off of the loss. My friend and I were reacting, responding, and laughing at and to his idiotic comments. He had to have known he was making a fool out of himself.

The funniest part was when he left, he and his friend kind of waived goodbye to us. At that point, there was a guy and his girlfriend next to my friend who were also sort of in on this making fun of the guy. We all just kind of laughed at this guy.

I have sat by my fair share of idiots at Penguins games, but this guy took the cake (and ate it too).
MrKnowNothing

Postby dboss on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:23 pm

netwolf wrote:
MrKnowNothing wrote:What you said about shooting is correct, but people are not just a little overzealous about it. The yinzers go crazy over it, calling for bad, and I mean bad, shots from the point.

It was kind of ironic last night when they were yelling it for about 10, 15 seconds straight. Finally Gonchar lets this half assed shot from the blue line go, which of course gets blocked. So the people boo Gonchar. The irony was that almost every player who had the puck before him that people were yelling at were in just as bad of a position to shoot.

Dude, never sit in the south E balcony then. I have season seats there and that's all I hear. Well that, and the stupid "whoop whoop" garbage that every Pens fan said was low class when Larry Murphy was getting that in Washington. :evil:

The best one was against Edmonton. Whitney about to receive a pass at left point. Before it's on his stick everyone is getting on him to shoot. He does... right into the forwards shinpads. I forget who it was (Horcoff, Moreau?) went in and scored shorthanded. Immediately the exact same people who wanted the shot started booing and calling Whitney an idiot.

Just another example to support my theory that people are stupid. :wink:

Could not agree more! Someone needs to grab those 'whoop, whoop' guys by their neck throw them off the balcony. I sit in the same area and that is THE most annoying thing I have ever heard. I question whether those people are actually Pens fans. Its one thing to get a guy for making a bad play, but to get on him when he touches the puck on his first shift, in the first period just because you don't think he has played well this year is inexcusable.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Hey now!

Postby Sigpi10 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:35 pm

Don't think the fun is only on the South End! I'm over in the North End and we get it all. The "Whoop Whoop" people need to take a one way trip to Siberia. We even have a guy that listens to way too much DVE...actually yells the "SHOOT THE PUCK..SHOOT THE PUCK..Pass and pass and pass and pass" part of the DVE song. Drives ya nuts.
Our method of payback? Wait until a whistle..or when the puck is down in the other end...and then yell "shoot the puck..shoot it now"..just to get a little revenge.
I personally love the people that yell to shoot..and then we pass it around a little and score, only to have them change their tune and say something like "see..that's what i'm talking about"....drives me insane.
Sigpi10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Hey now!

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:38 pm

Sigpi10 wrote:Our method of payback? Wait until a whistle..or when the puck is down in the other end...and then yell "shoot the puck..shoot it now"..just to get a little revenge.

I like it when people yell at the Pens D to shoot when they are behind their own net on the breakout, or even better, telling Fleury to shoot. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Hey now!

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:41 pm

netwolf wrote:
Sigpi10 wrote:Our method of payback? Wait until a whistle..or when the puck is down in the other end...and then yell "shoot the puck..shoot it now"..just to get a little revenge.

I like it when people yell at the Pens D to shoot when they are behind their own net on the breakout, or even better, telling Fleury to shoot. :lol:

Ya I know... Fleury has 0 goals this year, what the heck is his problem... hey wait Crosby played goal before get him in there....
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins