Lange v. Stags

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Dan H on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Both Steigy and Lange are light-years ahead of 99% of the media clowns they put on national and most local football broadcasts.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:55 pm

I hated Lange, and hate Steigy equally. Id rather listen to army on the mic all game or something. Actually id rather hear nothing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Daniel87 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:36 pm

I love Mike Lange. He has tailed off the past few years but is now doing great on the radio with Bourque. I think they really work well together and much better than Errey did with him the past few years. I also like Errey but he doesn't work as well with Lange. I think all that Lange needed was a little wake up call and since then he has gotten back to his old form. Unfortunately the only way to give that wake up call is to completely take him off the tv. I wish him and Bourque could do 6-7 games a year like Steigy and Errey did a few seasons ago.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby poutine on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:41 pm

Dan H wrote:Both Steigy and Lange are light-years ahead of 99% of the media clowns they put on national and most local football broadcasts.

All you need to do is spend a year with the Center Ice package and watch out-of-market games. And I'm not just talking about the RDS feed. We are actually blessed to have either Steigy or Lange.

I am surprised at how much Lange-bashing there has been here. He sold the game as much as Mario and Jags did. You want characters in the broadcast booth don't you? Sure beats a clean dry monotone ...
poutine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins