Lindy Ruff, earning more respect from me...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Lindy Ruff, earning more respect from me...

Postby DrBoni on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:16 am

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07055/764758-61.stm

Ruff urged the NHL to take action against players taking blows to the head, adding, "Let's be realistic here, if that's Sidney Crosby, this whole league's in an uproar.".


Yea, right.....
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,458
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 am

Re: Lindy Ruff, earning more respect from me...

Postby pensfan20 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:18 am

DrBoni wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07055/764758-61.stm

Ruff urged the NHL to take action against players taking blows to the head, adding, "Let's be realistic here, if that's Sidney Crosby, this whole league's in an uproar.".


Yea, right.....

Yeah cause the whole league was in an uproar with the spear... and the butt end... and all the head shots he has been taking.. oh wait then when the team complains then everyone labels crosby a diver and a whiner??? ok Ruff, which NHL have you been watching this year?
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,040
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Johnstown PA

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:35 am

Give me 2 times this year he has taken a dirty head shot.

BTW, Ruff should tell his players not to skate to the middle of the slot with their heads down.
SportsFan
 

Postby Stillwag on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:36 am

He had his head down, there was no elbow. Yeah it was a late hit, but skate through open ice with your head down, you get lit up. End of story.
Stillwag
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:54 am
Location: North Hills

Postby pensfan20 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:38 am

SportsFan wrote:Give me 2 times this year he has taken a dirty head shot.

BTW, Ruff should tell his players not to skate to the middle of the slot with their heads down.


are you saying he hasnt taken dirty head shots? cause if you are then the 19 pages of you wanting an enforcer on the team to protect Sid seem pretty pointless right? why have an enforcer if sid isnt being hit in any dirty way?
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,040
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Johnstown PA

Postby SDPensFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:40 am

Everyone's opinion will change when it happens to Sid
SDPensFan
 

Postby penmyst on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:55 am

Clean, but borderline, hits like these will get a different opinion depending on which team's colors you happen to be wearing.

So yeah, I am sure Pens fans would get their panties in a twist if Crosby or Malking gets hit. Nothing new about that.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,369
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:00 am

pensfan20 wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Give me 2 times this year he has taken a dirty head shot.

BTW, Ruff should tell his players not to skate to the middle of the slot with their heads down.


are you saying he hasnt taken dirty head shots? cause if you are then the 19 pages of you wanting an enforcer on the team to protect Sid seem pretty pointless right? why have an enforcer if sid isnt being hit in any dirty way?


He has taken a spear to the gut, a solid hit by Witt, and a butt end to the gut, but give me examples of him taking dirt shots to the head?
SportsFan
 

Postby Ron` on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:49 am

HATCHER did some dental work on him.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:41 am

SportsFan wrote:
pensfan20 wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Give me 2 times this year he has taken a dirty head shot.

BTW, Ruff should tell his players not to skate to the middle of the slot with their heads down.


are you saying he hasnt taken dirty head shots? cause if you are then the 19 pages of you wanting an enforcer on the team to protect Sid seem pretty pointless right? why have an enforcer if sid isnt being hit in any dirty way?


He has taken a spear to the gut, a solid hit by Witt, and a butt end to the gut, but give me examples of him taking dirt shots to the head?



VS Florida in January, Olesz crosschecked him in the head as he skated out of the zone, knocked his helmet off. Olesz got 2 for highsticking, shoulda been a match. Then there's always this....

Image
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,460
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:45 am

You are throwing stuff that happened last year out... Didn't we get Cairns and this stuff stopped?
SportsFan
 

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:48 am

Yeah the pic with Gill was last year but the Olesz incident was just a few weeks ago.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,460
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:49 am

SportsFan wrote:You are throwing stuff that happened last year out... Didn't we get Cairns and this stuff stopped?


Yeah, but most around here would call that a coincidence. It had nothing to do with Cairns, right? :lol:
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,937
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 am

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:51 am

Mango Salsa wrote:Yeah the pic with Gill was last year but the Olesz incident was just a few weeks ago.


Olesz, was bad.. I can't remember, who made Olesz pay?
SportsFan
 

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:30 am

pens20 wrote:
SportsFan wrote:
pensfan20 wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Give me 2 times this year he has taken a dirty head shot.

BTW, Ruff should tell his players not to skate to the middle of the slot with their heads down.


are you saying he hasnt taken dirty head shots? cause if you are then the 19 pages of you wanting an enforcer on the team to protect Sid seem pretty pointless right? why have an enforcer if sid isnt being hit in any dirty way?


He has taken a spear to the gut, a solid hit by Witt, and a butt end to the gut, but give me examples of him taking dirt shots to the head?


Hatcher last season and Zhitnik this season for starters...

Zhitnik gave hima dirt head shot. If your talking about the NBC game against Philly, looked like he was finishing his check on the PK against SID. The guy is going to get bumps.
SportsFan
 

Postby dagny on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:43 am

I don't know why anyone would even entertain any of SportsFan's posts.

If you can't see his M.O. is nothing more than to stir the pot then sit back and laugh at honest people's attempts at rationale, you're not paying attention.

He has no interest in actual dialogue. Explanations are a waste of your time. I don't even think he's a Pens fan, much less a hockey fan.

He is the definition of a troll, only Tremendo was much more fun to play with.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,665
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:54 am

Dangy, I said I wasn't going to get in fights on here anymore, but you have now posted this is 3-4 threads. If you disagree with me thats fine, but you call me out for doing the same thing you are doing.

Show me in this thread where I said something offensive.
SportsFan
 

Postby dagny on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:56 am

SportsFan wrote:Dangy, I said I wasn't going to get in fights on here anymore, but you have now posted this is 3-4 threads. If you disagree with me thats fine, but you call me out for doing the same thing you are doing.

Show me in this thread where I said something offensive.


My mom taught me never to play with trolls.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,665
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:57 am

dagny wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Dangy, I said I wasn't going to get in fights on here anymore, but you have now posted this is 3-4 threads. If you disagree with me thats fine, but you call me out for doing the same thing you are doing.

Show me in this thread where I said something offensive.


My mom taught me never to play with trolls.


So you never played with yourself?

BTW, why don't you add a bit of hockey talk, instead if trying to start a fight with me already.

Thanks
SportsFan
 

Postby dagny on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:59 am

SportsFan wrote:
dagny wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Dangy, I said I wasn't going to get in fights on here anymore, but you have now posted this is 3-4 threads. If you disagree with me thats fine, but you call me out for doing the same thing you are doing.

Show me in this thread where I said something offensive.


My mom taught me never to play with trolls.


So you never played with yourself?


Well, I was an only child.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,665
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:01 am

dagny wrote:
SportsFan wrote:
dagny wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Dangy, I said I wasn't going to get in fights on here anymore, but you have now posted this is 3-4 threads. If you disagree with me thats fine, but you call me out for doing the same thing you are doing.

Show me in this thread where I said something offensive.


My mom taught me never to play with trolls.


So you never played with yourself?


Well, I was an only child.


Too much info, but thanks...

Anyways, back to the topic..
SportsFan
 

Postby Ron` on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:13 am

Lets see, you posted over 200 times yesterday and more than half of them involved insults to other posters. Today you come on and say your turning over a new leaf. I hope it's truely sincere.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:15 am

Ron` wrote:Lets see, you posted over 200 times yesterday and more than half of them involved insults to other posters. Today you come on and say your turning over a new leaf. I hope it's truely sincere.


Can we please stick to the topic?

Thanks
SportsFan
 

Postby Kicksave on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:16 am

SportsFan wrote:
Ron` wrote:Lets see, you posted over 200 times yesterday and more than half of them involved insults to other posters. Today you come on and say your turning over a new leaf. I hope it's truely sincere.


Can we please stick to the topic?

Thanks


I thought that this WAS the topic?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:17 am

Actually the topic was head shots taken by Crosby and it seem the only cheap shots to the head people can bring up happened last year.
SportsFan
 

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Great58, heath42 and 9 guests

e-mail