Lindy Ruff, earning more respect from me...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby pensfan20 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:21 am

SportsFan wrote:Actually the topic was head shots taken by Crosby and it seem the only cheap shots to the head people can bring up happened last year.

Well the topic was why we need George if Sid doesnt get ruffed up? or if he is going to take "bumps" like you mentioned? im confused on why on one hand you want george here to deter hits to sid, if you are now saying he doesnt take dirty hits? im trying to understand your point.. but dont seem to be able to find one?
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,040
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Johnstown PA

Postby Ron` on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:22 am

I think we need a new thread :)
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,037
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby Kicksave on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 am

SportsFan wrote:Actually the topic was head shots taken by Crosby and it seem the only cheap shots to the head people can bring up happened last year.


That was the original topic but then you started acting like a twelve year old at the keyboard. Then you have the audacity to sit here any say that people are picking on you and that they should give you respect and not agitate you back? Please.

The fact of the matter is that you've been a jerk the better part of your time here. If you want people to treat you differently then act differently. What you'll have to do is not fight back, bite your tongue if someone says something to you. If you want to argue your point about something, argue in a manor that isn't condescending. As much as you want to believe it, you aren't the smartest person here and have say as to what is right and what it wrong. It is all speculation - there is no right and wrong answer.

Maybe if you start acting like an adult and do those things, you won't get harassed to the point that you've harassed others before. If you don't like it, then go to StillerNation with the other rejects.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby SportsFan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:33 am

Kicksave wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Actually the topic was head shots taken by Crosby and it seem the only cheap shots to the head people can bring up happened last year.


That was the original topic but then you started acting like a twelve year old at the keyboard. Then you have the audacity to sit here any say that people are picking on you and that they should give you respect and not agitate you back? Please.

The fact of the matter is that you've been a jerk the better part of your time here. If you want people to treat you differently then act differently. What you'll have to do is not fight back, bite your tongue if someone says something to you. If you want to argue your point about something, argue in a manor that isn't condescending. As much as you want to believe it, you aren't the smartest person here and have say as to what is right and what it wrong. It is all speculation - there is no right and wrong answer.

Maybe if you start acting like an adult and do those things, you won't get harassed to the point that you've harassed others before. If you don't like it, then go to StillerNation with the other rejects.


In here where did I act like a 12 year old?

I think its funny, how you act on here. You are always the first to point on when someone is doing something wrong, but you have used name calling several times in posts.
SportsFan
 

Postby magnum on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:38 am

pensfan20 wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Give me 2 times this year he has taken a dirty head shot.

BTW, Ruff should tell his players not to skate to the middle of the slot with their heads down.


are you saying he hasnt taken dirty head shots? cause if you are then the 19 pages of you wanting an enforcer on the team to protect Sid seem pretty pointless right? why have an enforcer if sid isnt being hit in any dirty way?


This is the question I'm still waiting to see Sportsfan answer that he conveniently keeps ignoring.
Yeah, but most around here would call that a coincidence. It had nothing to do with Cairns, right? Laughing


King Sid, don't you and edog have some childish games to play elsewhere about who is retarded here and the discuss the dumbest posts here?
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,082
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby magnum on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:40 am

Kicksave wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Actually the topic was head shots taken by Crosby and it seem the only cheap shots to the head people can bring up happened last year.


That was the original topic but then you started acting like a twelve year old at the keyboard. Then you have the audacity to sit here any say that people are picking on you and that they should give you respect and not agitate you back? Please.

The fact of the matter is that you've been a jerk the better part of your time here. If you want people to treat you differently then act differently. What you'll have to do is not fight back, bite your tongue if someone says something to you. If you want to argue your point about something, argue in a manor that isn't condescending. As much as you want to believe it, you aren't the smartest person here and have say as to what is right and what it wrong. It is all speculation - there is no right and wrong answer.

Maybe if you start acting like an adult and do those things, you won't get harassed to the point that you've harassed others before. If you don't like it, then go to StillerNation with the other rejects.


Good post Kicksave and pretty much dead on. Its probably safe to assume that most of the people on this board agree with this.
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,082
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:40 am

SportsFan wrote:
Mango Salsa wrote:Yeah the pic with Gill was last year but the Olesz incident was just a few weeks ago.


Olesz, was bad.. I can't remember, who made Olesz pay?


No one. That's the problem. :wink: Wish I had video of that. I have the game on DVD but can't get it on my PC to youtube it.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,477
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Postby Kicksave on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:58 am

SportsFan wrote:In here where did I act like a 12 year old?

I think its funny, how you act on here. You are always the first to point on when someone is doing something wrong, but you have used name calling several times in posts.


Well...

SportsFan wrote:So you never played with yourself?



I've never claimed to be some holy roller here. Far from it but I don't go around and fly off the handle. Usually when I do it, it is over something that is usually resolved. Most of the time too, if I feel like I've said something to someone that has offended them, I'll send them a private message apologizing too.

Also, when I talk hockey, I know I don't know everything. I accept that. If I am debating something that I think is right, I am able to argue it without getting confrontational.

My problem is WHEN I do get into arguments with people, its over something stupid and hardly ever about hockey. Not that that is a good thing, but when it comes down to it, most of my posts are about hockey and like I said I hardly ever fight when the topic is such. It seems you'll fight over anything with anyone, anywhere.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby farnham16 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:13 pm

Ruff is a dirty piece of crap, period.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,458
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Postby Jamie on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Kicksave wrote:
SportsFan wrote:In here where did I act like a 12 year old?

I think its funny, how you act on here. You are always the first to point on when someone is doing something wrong, but you have used name calling several times in posts.


Well...

SportsFan wrote:So you never played with yourself?



I've never claimed to be some holy roller here. Far from it but I don't go around and fly off the handle. Usually when I do it, it is over something that is usually resolved. Most of the time too, if I feel like I've said something to someone that has offended them, I'll send them a private message apologizing too.

Also, when I talk hockey, I know I don't know everything. I accept that. If I am debating something that I think is right, I am able to argue it without getting confrontational.

My problem is WHEN I do get into arguments with people, its over something stupid and hardly ever about hockey. Not that that is a good thing, but when it comes down to it, most of my posts are about hockey and like I said I hardly ever fight when the topic is such. It seems you'll fight over anything with anyone, anywhere.


I lurk more than I post anymore, due to the fact I have a two hour commute to work one way after a promotion/transfer. Some of the main characters on this board may remember me or maybe not. I have the utmost respect for Kicksave, Netwolf and Stoosh, as well as many others. Latley I have read, and even responded to threads to Sportsfan has posted in. It seems as if anyone disagrees with his point of view, they know nothing of the sport of hockey, or just started following the sport of hockey. He thrives on confrontation, if we all ignore him, he will go away.

The admin on this board has way to much stuff on his plate to deal with such crap right now. We need to police ourselves, and keep this forum a place of enjoyable Pens talk and healthy discussions. We should all do this out of respect for the admin.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,062
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: Here or there

Postby shawnlesky on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Stillwag wrote:He had his head down, there was no elbow. Yeah it was a late hit, but skate through open ice with your head down, you get lit up. End of story.
Well put.
shawnlesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,495
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:38 pm
Location: DuBois, PA

Postby netwolf on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:13 pm

Jamie wrote:The admin on this board has way to much stuff on his plate to deal with such crap right now. We need to police ourselves, and keep this forum a place of enjoyable Pens talk and healthy discussions. We should all do this out of respect for the admin.

Read it. Comprehend it. Abide by it.

Thanks for posting that Jamie.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,410
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby malkinshair on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:29 pm

shawnlesky wrote:
Stillwag wrote:He had his head down, there was no elbow. Yeah it was a late hit, but skate through open ice with your head down, you get lit up. End of story.
Well put.


+2

It looked a lot like Colby's hit earlier this year (albeit about 3/4 of a second later), with similar results.

NEVER watch your pass when you're in the middle...isn't that like the first rule in hockey?
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,233
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 pm
Location: about 455 yards away...with a 2 iron, I think.

Postby pfim on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:33 pm

Stillwag wrote:He had his head down, there was no elbow. Yeah it was a late hit, but skate through open ice with your head down, you get lit up. End of story.


I agree to a point, I just don't think Chris Drury or Trevor Letowski laying prone on the ice, bleeding, really adds anything to the game. It was clean by the book, but the book should be changed.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Postby malkinshair on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:41 pm

pfim wrote:
Stillwag wrote:He had his head down, there was no elbow. Yeah it was a late hit, but skate through open ice with your head down, you get lit up. End of story.


I agree to a point, I just don't think Chris Drury or Trevor Letowski laying prone on the ice, bleeding, really adds anything to the game. It was clean by the book, but the book should be changed.


While I agree that seeing anyone laying prone on the ice is horrible, I'm not sure how you'd change the rules to stop it. More to the point, the result was horrible, but the hit wasn't. You can't make a rule that states 'no one with their head down can be hit'. The individual players have to take responsibility for at least some of their own safety.

Drury or Letowski laying prone on the ice bleeding doesn't add anything to the game, but you have to be careful what you'd subtract from the game in order to prevent the possibility of it happening again.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,233
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 pm
Location: about 455 yards away...with a 2 iron, I think.

Postby pfim on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:44 pm

You can make a rule that says you can't hit anyone in the head. I don't think taking headshots out of the game would take away any hitting. Neil could have hit him any way he wanted and that's what he chose.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Postby EagleMorph on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:55 pm

pfim wrote:You can make a rule that says you can't hit anyone in the head. I don't think taking headshots out of the game would take away any hitting. Neil could have hit him any way he wanted and that's what he chose.


But in the Colby-Letowski case, Letowski was at fault because not only was he admiring the pass, but he put his head down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv1l_WHqI-w

Watch at about the 40-45 second mark of that video. Armstrong isn't watching Letowski, just knows he's going to be there and readies the shoulder. Letowski is moving downwards while watching his pass.

I don't think it's removing the idea of headshots that's a problem...it's the potential interpretation of the rule. That's why I think you leave well-enough alone. Otherwise, you might end up with instances where a Colby Armstrong style hit could have drastic penalty repurcusions, and that would not be fair.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,597
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Postby Sabres_Fan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:56 pm

Heres the deal. Drury is ticked because he said Neil lead with his head (just like spearing in football). It wasnt Neil shoulder or elbow that caused the injury it was Neils helmet..... Then after the hit BEFORE THE BRAWL Neil told Briere he was next. Neil is a dirty S.O.B.
Trust me when Neil does that to Crosby or Malkin one time this board will be fuming and you will be praising MT for sending out the goons. Ruff was asked "What if the Sens would of scored 3 goals on the 4 power plays that ensued" Ruff then said "I dont care if we lost 10-1 you dont let a team get away with that".
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,706
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby Sabres_Fan on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:01 pm

farnham16 wrote:Ruff is a dirty piece of crap, period.


So when Chris Neil comes full speed at Crosby, lowers his helmet, drives it into Crosbys face, gives him 20+ stitches and then tells Malkin he's next are you going to call MT a piece of garbage for sending out the troops to defend the team????? I doubt it.
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,706
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby pfim on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:04 pm

EagleMorph wrote:
pfim wrote:You can make a rule that says you can't hit anyone in the head. I don't think taking headshots out of the game would take away any hitting. Neil could have hit him any way he wanted and that's what he chose.


But in the Colby-Letowski case, Letowski was at fault because not only was he admiring the pass, but he put his head down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv1l_WHqI-w

Watch at about the 40-45 second mark of that video. Armstrong isn't watching Letowski, just knows he's going to be there and readies the shoulder. Letowski is moving downwards while watching his pass.

I don't think it's removing the idea of headshots that's a problem...it's the potential interpretation of the rule. That's why I think you leave well-enough alone. Otherwise, you might end up with instances where a Colby Armstrong style hit could have drastic penalty repurcusions, and that would not be fair.


Just like the Drury hit, though, Armstrong could have hit him 5 different ways and that's the one he chose.

And I'm sorry, in the grand scheme of things, if Colby Armstrong gets a penalty instead of Chris Drury missing and indefinite amount of games, I'm going with the penalty. I think a lot of the headshot penalties in the NFL are unfair, but you see fewer headshots because of it. We're talking about eliminating 6-7 needless hits a year.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Postby Jesse on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:42 pm

Kicksave wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Actually the topic was head shots taken by Crosby and it seem the only cheap shots to the head people can bring up happened last year.


That was the original topic but then you started acting like a twelve year old at the keyboard. Then you have the audacity to sit here any say that people are picking on you and that they should give you respect and not agitate you back? Please.

The fact of the matter is that you've been a jerk the better part of your time here. If you want people to treat you differently then act differently. What you'll have to do is not fight back, bite your tongue if someone says something to you. If you want to argue your point about something, argue in a manor that isn't condescending. As much as you want to believe it, you aren't the smartest person here and have say as to what is right and what it wrong. It is all speculation - there is no right and wrong answer.

Maybe if you start acting like an adult and do those things, you won't get harassed to the point that you've harassed others before. If you don't like it, then go to StillerNation with the other rejects.


Better be careful, he IM's people on aol at 4:00 A.M.

Gotta love it when a troll goes into your profile to get your information.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,644
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Postby Jesse on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Jamie wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
SportsFan wrote:In here where did I act like a 12 year old?

I think its funny, how you act on here. You are always the first to point on when someone is doing something wrong, but you have used name calling several times in posts.


Well...

SportsFan wrote:So you never played with yourself?



I've never claimed to be some holy roller here. Far from it but I don't go around and fly off the handle. Usually when I do it, it is over something that is usually resolved. Most of the time too, if I feel like I've said something to someone that has offended them, I'll send them a private message apologizing too.

Also, when I talk hockey, I know I don't know everything. I accept that. If I am debating something that I think is right, I am able to argue it without getting confrontational.

My problem is WHEN I do get into arguments with people, its over something stupid and hardly ever about hockey. Not that that is a good thing, but when it comes down to it, most of my posts are about hockey and like I said I hardly ever fight when the topic is such. It seems you'll fight over anything with anyone, anywhere.


I lurk more than I post anymore, due to the fact I have a two hour commute to work one way after a promotion/transfer. Some of the main characters on this board may remember me or maybe not. I have the utmost respect for Kicksave, Netwolf and Stoosh, as well as many others. Latley I have read, and even responded to threads to Sportsfan has posted in. It seems as if anyone disagrees with his point of view, they know nothing of the sport of hockey, or just started following the sport of hockey. He thrives on confrontation, if we all ignore him, he will go away.

The admin on this board has way to much stuff on his plate to deal with such crap right now. We need to police ourselves, and keep this forum a place of enjoyable Pens talk and healthy discussions. We should all do this out of respect for the admin.


Good post, Jaime.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,644
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Postby Titojones69 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:43 pm

malkinshair wrote:
shawnlesky wrote:
Stillwag wrote:He had his head down, there was no elbow. Yeah it was a late hit, but skate through open ice with your head down, you get lit up. End of story.
Well put.


+2

It looked a lot like Colby's hit earlier this year (albeit about 3/4 of a second later), with similar results.

NEVER watch your pass when you're in the middle...isn't that like the first rule in hockey?



I tried counting the time it took after release till impact in real time and its a little under 1 second..I mean how can that be late when I guy throws a check literally 1 second after release...I agree keep the head up and dont admire your work...The stuff with Sid getting beat up usually is away from the play or after the whistle so for people to say Pittsburghers get their panties in a bunch when Sid gets hit is a farce..Good post malkinshair Im in total agreement..Lets them play the game
Titojones69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:06 pm

Postby Jesse on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:51 pm

What was chilling was that I read somewhere that Adam Mair admitted to bringing up Dan Snyder to Dany Heatley.

That's a bit beyond low, IMO.

I've said a lot of things I regret while playing, but geesh.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,644
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


e-mail