Endi-plop....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Endi-plop....

Postby Mountaineer on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:15 pm

Good job, Endiplop. How is this guy on an NHL team?
Mountaineer

Postby Zach6668 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:17 pm

boggles mt mind...such a lazy play
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

grrrr

Postby FuturePens on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:46 pm

I don't know man, once again, he took a silly hooking penalty...I hate him !!!

He's probably got more hooking penalties than the rest of the Pens combined!!!
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jamie on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:50 pm

I hope they trade him for a bag of pucks. Endo is the WORST player currently in the NHL. He has nothing to offer nor does he contribute in any positive fashion. I wish he would just disappear. Wait he does that during the game until he takes a stupid penalty, which is almost a given every nite.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shinoix on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:50 pm

he took TWO hooking penalties I believe

way to work yourself back into the lineup without missing a step Endi!!

CP is a moron, what the hell is he smoking? He's AWFUL, NOBODY would claim him. NOBODY!!

Steve McKenna had more talent!
Shinoix

Postby rb44 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:25 pm

I call him HookHoldIcott
rb44
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby plasticbratt on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:36 pm

I just don't understand WHY he is still here, and why he has been handled so gently.

He was given a roster spot out of camp despite his injury--I didn't understand it then, and I don't get it now.

What do they see in this kid? Even if he has a future on the team, he certainly isn't earning his keep now.

argh!
plasticbratt
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby the wicked child on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:07 am

Clearly Hans Jonsson sold Endicott the blackmail he had over CP.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:11 am

plasticbratt wrote:I just don't understand WHY he is still here, and why he has been handled so gently.

He was given a roster spot out of camp despite his injury--I didn't understand it then, and I don't get it now.

What do they see in this kid? Even if he has a future on the team, he certainly isn't earning his keep now.

argh!

I can sort of understand the early season part. If for whatever reason, they thought he could be productive, then it would be reasonable to hold a spot for him until he was healthy.

That doesn't explain why he is still here after seemingly playing his way off the roster. If they were willing to expose Koltsov (who has not been great, but has shown he can be useful in certain cituations) then Endicott should be expendable as well.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:24 am

I think the Endicott situation is read into a little bit too much. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's NHL-calibre, and I certainly would prefer that he not be on the team. But there are a couple things at work here. For one thing, the team is in need of centers. When you've got wingers (Recchi, Malone, and now Rita) regularly playing center, there's a problem. Endicott is one of the few "natural" centers on the big club right now.

Another factor is that he DID show promise in the AHL. There's a reason he was pencilled into the lineup before the season began. They thought he could be a good third liner, shutdown center. Of course, he's been far from it, but with the season being over for quite a while now and his injury, they've been more patient than the most of us would have been.

The obvious question is why not Christensen/Talbot instead of Endicott? My only answer for that is maybe the team feels they benefit more from being the top dogs on the AHL team than being third or fourth liners on the NHL club. When you look at the guys who have come up from the AHL this season, the ones that have stuck mostly are guys who spent significant time in the minors: Armstrong, Ouellet, Surovy, Scuderi, and Endicott certainly fit that bill. Fleury and Whitney are the only exceptions having spent just one full season and a little bit of this year in the minors. But they're a little bit different cases, as they were dominating, and they also fill positions in which the team is particularly weak. I don't think it should be any surprise that Christensen and Talbot are spending more time in the minors when they didn't have a whole lot of success there prior to this season. Same goes for the young defensemen down there who need the experience.

The way things have gone, I'm pretty confident we're not going to see Endicott on the team next season, and I'm also confident that Christensen and Talbot will be up from the start. I DON'T think he's here only because they're afraid of losing him on waivers or they really think he's good. It's not like he's the only guy on the team who doesn't really belong in the NHL...
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guido on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:43 am

kid ain't bad on faceoffs though. Perhaps Patrick and the bunch hope his game will elevate to where his faceoff skills are. Right now, he's not worth it. The Pens did exceptionally better in face-offs tonight as opposed to last night, but it didn't matter, Washington still housed them. Send Endicott to Wheeling.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MrKnowNothing on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:57 am

Henry Hank is right.

For some reason, I don't feel that Endicott has recovered from his ankle injury. This is the same guy who shut Spezza down in the AHL playoffs. He does not seem like the same player who played in Wilkes Barre last year.

I think he has been bad too, but it's not like it really matters anyways.
MrKnowNothing

Postby scals37 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:16 am

hopefully CP isnt retarded and the fact that he's playing endicott is similar to many moves that Eddie Johnston made to land Mario back in the early 80s, but you never know... Im not taking his side though, I believe CP needs to go... his time is up, but Im still appreciative of his transactions in the early 90s
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins