Bob Errey has really improved

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:35 am

Jerez wrote:Um, you trying to take my schtick here, 'wolf?

Can I just say "Buh-BYE Eeyore!"? :mrgreen:

Just keeping the train on track in your absence. Image
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Hank...your record just got safer with Si article

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:56 am

Henry Hank wrote:Errey's ok. He's very critical of the team, but then, they play like crap most of the time, so what is he supposed to say? I'd rather he be honest they try to sugarcoat crap like some of the Pirates' guys do. Greg Brown really comes to mind there. Errey may complain a little too much, but I find it hard to really disagree with him most of the time.

Personally, I find it a little blasphemous to bash Mike Lange. Clearly, he's slipped a little, but he's a pretty old guy by now. I still love the way he calls games, and I can't imagine watching the Pens without him calling the action. He's still a great hockey mind.

"I find it a little blasphemous to bash Mike Lange"...nope, not as long as he is receiving a pay check. I'd like to see if Lange could do a TV game alone. He's always asking for clarification the "truck" anyway.
As Lange & Errey are veterans of penguinland sometimes I detect a smidge of pettiness when talking about Sidney regardless of who opponents are. Being at the home games I surely don't need
a homer to make team out to be better than they are, but I don't need to be hit over the head with the fact Alexander Ovechkin=awesome player. Or that S Caron should have been executed at then end of the 1st period. Give me JD & Mike Emrick. Radio to TV delay has gotten better
and sometimes I do listen to P Steigerwald & Phil Bourque. If Joe Mullen
gets fired in WBS he and Errey can just switch jobs... :roll:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Hank...your record just got safer with Si article

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:58 am

penny lane wrote: If Joe Mullen gets fired in WBS he and Errey can just switch jobs... :roll:

You shouldn't even joke about something like that! :P
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins