Recchi heading to Sens?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Recchi heading to Sens?

Postby Bowser on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:40 pm

There's talk the Pens are working on a deal to send Recchi to Ottawa. I know the Pens like Patrick Eaves, Rw and Christopher Schubert, D.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:48 pm

Knock it off. I am expecting little return and will not stand for you trying to trying to inflate those expectations. :twisted:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bowser on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:55 pm

I don't think the Pens will get more than one player for Recchi unless the rumors are true that some teams are jacking up the price to get him.

I'm not sure Recchi fits the Senators needs for a second line center between Spezza and Fisher.

I would think Buffalo or Toronto could use a first or second line winger to help their scoring woes. Buffalo would hide Recchi by not exposing him in heavy minutes as a penalty-killer or top power-play unit.

He goes to Toronto and his defensive numbers and minutes should stay the same since Mats Sundin really could use the help.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MrKnowNothing on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:14 am

Good news is that the Parrish trade seemingly sets a market for a guy like Recchi. Parrish is essentially more of a rental that Recchi is, and I think if I was a playoff team, I would rather have Recchi based on their play this season (but there isn't a huge difference).

Anyways, what I'm saying is that it sets something of a market for a guy like Recchi. Even though Sopel was in the Isles deal, they got back two good young players in Grebeshkov and Tambellini. I would figure that if Recchi goes, he should net a similar player, based on what the market seems to be like right now.

Of course, we all know that sometime between 1:30 and 2:30 tommorow there will be a bad trade made by us, but we will also be intruiged whenever we trade one of our kinda bad young players for another team's kinda bad young player who now might succeed because he's being given a good chance.
MrKnowNothing

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:41 am

MrKnowNothing wrote:Of course, we all know that sometime between 1:30 and 2:30 tommorow there will be a bad trade made by us, but we will also be intruiged whenever we trade one of our kinda bad young players for another team's kinda bad young player who now might succeed because he's being given a good chance.

Thanks Dave! How can anyone not be excited now? Image
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins