KDKA Nightly Sports Call...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

KDKA Nightly Sports Call...

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:54 pm

Some idiot called in a said the Pens should draft the best youg goalie available because that position hasn't been any good since Barrasso.

Pompeani dismissed it, but then suggested they go after Jack Johnson.

Hockey expert Ron Cook said some meaningless crap about with all those #1 picks, you'd think they'd be able to get something good. :?

I like hockey to get as much play as possible, but stuff like this makes me reconsider... Anytime Cook is on and a hockey question is raised, I wish he'd just say "I can't really say. I don't follow the sport well enough to have a qualified opinion." Like that would ever happen...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: KDKA Nightly Sports Call...

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 pm

I came across a 2003 article he wrote entitled, "Jagr is not a good professional athlete." I will see if I can dig it up for you. It is a riot.
NIN

Postby Goalie on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:59 pm

netwolf wrote:Some idiot called in a said the Pens should draft the best youg goalie available because that position hasn't been any good since Barrasso.

Pompeani dismissed it, but then suggested they go after Jack Johnson.

Hockey expert Ron Cook said some meaningless crap about with all those #1 picks, you'd think they'd be able to get something good. :?

I like hockey to get as much play as possible, but stuff like this makes me reconsider... Anytime Cook is on and a hockey question is raised, I wish he'd just say "I can't really say. I don't follow the sport well enough to have a qualified opinion." Like that would ever happen...

Unfortunately if he did that for hockey he would have to answer that way for any sports related question.
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:09 am

Here it is...

http://www.post-gazette.com/SPORTS/colu ... 0610p1.asp

Just keep in mind that he has been among the NHL leaders in every category all season and his team is a Cup contender.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:13 am

Goalie wrote:Unfortunately if he did that for hockey he would have to answer that way for any sports related question.

Good work. 8)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:30 am

NIN wrote:Here it is...

http://www.post-gazette.com/SPORTS/colu ... 0610p1.asp

Just keep in mind that he has been among the NHL leaders in every category all season and his team is a Cup contender.

At that time, Jagr was that...He seems like he changed his attitude on things.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins