Jonathan Bombulie rumors and my predictions

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jonathan Bombulie rumors and my predictions

Postby Defence21 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:55 am

Jonathan Bombulie said in his WBS Pens Blog that the Recchi rumors really are heating up and that recent trades, such as the Parrish/Sopel deal and the Ken Klee deal, could raise the value of some Penguins.

He then added that, while most will be watching for Recchi and Leclair to be dealt, he has good word that Craig Patrick could be dealing a defenseman or two.

For those who don't know, Bombulie is the beat writer for the WBS Pens and tends not to write things unless he has good word on the information. You can read his blog here: http://blogs.timesshamrock.com/pensblog/

And now for my predictions:
1. Recchi to Ottawa for Vermette after several teams up his trade value
2. Leclair and a draft pick to Carolina for Babchuk
3. Roy traded to any team for a late draft pick
4. Melichar to the Rangers for Moore or Ortmeyer

Maybe I'm insanse...or really tired and delirious, but I see a nice return for Recchi, considering the returns some other players are getting, and the fact that there aren't necessarily a ton of big name players on the block...could be a nice bidding war. We'll see soon enough!
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Bombulie dumps on Eklund

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:24 am

A great line from Bombulie's latest entry:

"I could make up names and possible destinations like some bloggers named after mediocre Swedish forwards of the 80s like to do, but I won't." Nice. :lol:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MariosMilitia on Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:58 am

I really like Vermette he scares me when hes out their and somtimes i see flashes of a really great player. He is one of the most under rated players in the leauge being surronded by a the talent OTW has. He had some good games against us but who doesn't. He would give Crosby a little more to work with on the PP not saying thats where he would play considering thats not his role on OTW be he might work well here. Im not saying rex didnt help on the PP he was steller at times but there was a communication barrier between the two this season. Only problem that i see is Vermette is a C and a left handed shot which is what the Pens don't need other then that they would be reciving a really good player in return. I give a Thumbs up to that prediction
MariosMilitia

antoine vermette

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:17 am

MariosMilitia wrote:I really like Vermette he scares me when hes out their and somtimes i see flashes of a really great player. He is one of the most under rated players in the leauge being surronded by a the talent OTW has. He had some good games against us but who doesn't. He would give Crosby a little more to work with on the PP not saying thats where he would play considering thats not his role on OTW be he might work well here. Im not saying rex didnt help on the PP he was steller at times but there was a communication barrier between the two this season. Only problem that i see is Vermette is a C and a left handed shot which is what the Pens don't need other then that they would be reciving a really good player in return. I give a Thumbs up to that prediction

http://www.nhl.com/players/8468535.html

With all the senators, I did notice his play against the pens but he is another center. I'd like scoring wingers.
But with the vets could be addition by subtraction.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins