Clark won't trade Umberger

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Clark won't trade Umberger

Postby NJ5934 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:48 am

Last night I saw an interview with Clark and he basically said the only thing he will be dealing will be the extra draft picks they have stockpiled.

He mentioned Umberger by name, and said he will not trade him. Lets hope someone else is interested in Recchi because it doesn't sound like we're going to get much out of Philly for him.

Ironically though, the Rangers got a third round pick for Ville Nieminen. You would think we would get at least that for Leclair.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:59 am

Clarke lies about trades all the time. Someone asked him a few years ago if he was interested in Dale Hawerchuck. He emphatically said no. 90 minutes later Dale was a Flyer.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:55 am

DelPen wrote:Clarke lies about trades all the time. Someone asked him a few years ago if he was interested in Dale Hawerchuck. He emphatically said no. 90 minutes later Dale was a Flyer.
True. Usually when Clarke says he isn't going to trade for a guy or move on of his own he's BS'ing. However in this situation I think he's telling the truth. He doesn't want to move Umberger. The kid is a freaking workhorse. I love this guy.
FlyerNation

Postby ville5 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:00 am

Clarke would trade his own grandmother, who are you kidding? I think Clarke's throwing up a smokescreen here. By saying he won't trade RJ, Clarke's trying to make other GM;s believe RJ is more valuable than he is.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:07 am

ville5 wrote:Clarke would trade his own grandmother, who are you kidding? I think Clarke's throwing up a smokescreen here. By saying he won't trade RJ, Clarke's trying to make other GM;s believe RJ is more valuable than he is.
LOL! Old Clarke would, but for some reason I think he's serious about not wanting to trade the three young bucks. If RJ goes anywhere I'll admit I was wrong I just don't see him pushing the panic button this year. He made some strong moves last trade deadline. The only way RJ goes anywhere is like I said for a big name. Other than that Clarke picks up a guy like Barnaby or Geoff Sanderson and RJ stays.
FlyerNation

Postby Steve on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:56 am

seriously guys, if you had Umberger, would you trade him for Recchi? I don't know why anyone started this silly rumor, or why anyone believes it.

I hope I'm wrong, I would love to see that trade, but let's get realistic here...
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins