what are some of the rumor sites saying?......

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

what are some of the rumor sites saying?......

Postby conforto45 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:33 am

as far as possible Pens trades happening? I have limited access on my computer and cant get to all of the sites..

what does Ecklund, Spectors, TSN, TFP etc... have to say?

i didnt get a chance to watch the game last nite, but the bits and peices that I heard was that Ovechkin finally showed up to play against the Pens, and Caron let in one of the weakest goals of the season, and that Sid made a real pretty move, but got stonewalled by Olie Kolzig?

fill me in....
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:39 am

Spectors

Bruce Garrioch reports the San Jose Sharks won't be sellers at today's deadline, meaning Alyn McCauley won't be going to Ottawa or anywhere else. The Sens could make a pitch for Pittsburgh's Mark Recchi and/or Ryan Malone and Chicago's Tyler Arnason. The Sharks, Devils and Flyers are also believed interested in Malone, and the asking price is believed a high draft pick.

In other trade rumours, the Predators, Leafs and Rangers may be part of a bidding war for Washington's Brendan Witt, who'll be dealt by today's deadline.

- The Minnesota Wild's asking price for defenceman Willie Mitchell is very high (apparently a first round pick and top prospect). The Canucks are interested but balking at the asking price. The Philadephia Flyers are seeking a defenceman but aren't willing to part with forward Mike Richards.

- The Canucks are getting interest in forward Todd Bertuzzi but the asking price is supposedly a goalie and a defenceman. The Flyers are rumoured to be interested but they're denying it.

- The Flyers are also believed interested in St. Louis Blues forward Keith Tkachuk if they can free up the salary cap space.

- The Canucks and Lightning are believed interested in Coyotes goalie Curtis Joseph. The Bolts may also be interested in Toronto's Ed Belfour as it's believed the Leafs want to move him. The Oilers were supposedly interested but not in the asking price and turned their attention instead to Dwayne Roloson.

- The Thrashers are trying to move centre Marc Savard. His former team, the Calgary Flames, are believed interested.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:41 am

More Spectors

Colin Stephenson reports the NY Rangers are keeping their options open for possibly a depth defenceman but it wouldn't make sense for them to part with too many prospects for a rental player. They're likely interested in affordable d-men "like Pittsburgh's Ric Jackman and Cory Cross, Atlanta's Niclas Havelid, Toronto's Ken Klee and Anaheim's Ruslan Salei."
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby conforto45 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:46 am

ok cool... so no real news about the Pens as of yet....

I thought the Rangers were supposedly inquiring before about Melichar?

i coulda swore those were rumors flying around in the past months or so..

----------

i would hate to see Recchi AND Malone go for Umberger...

yes, Umberger has been playing solid this season, and has alot of potential.. but is it worth giving up a proven, experienced leader such as Recchi... maybe i mis-interpreted the "proposal".. but i dont see how we would win in the deal by sending both....
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:50 am

Yes, its worth letting Recchi goto Philly for Umberger. Philly is not going to pick up his option....so, we can get him back, if we want him, during the offseason.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:51 am

conforto45 wrote:ok cool... so no real news about the Pens as of yet....

I thought the Rangers were supposedly inquiring before about Melichar?

i coulda swore those were rumors flying around in the past months or so..

----------

i would hate to see Recchi AND Malone go for Umberger...

yes, Umberger has been playing solid this season, and has alot of potential.. but is it worth giving up a proven, experienced leader such as Recchi... maybe i mis-interpreted the "proposal".. but i dont see how we would win in the deal by sending both....

If I had to make a prediction I'd say Umberger goes nowhere. In my opinion since the break he's played himself out of a trade. Clarke has to see what potential this kid has and would be wise not to move him not even in a deal for a big time impact player. RJ keeps playing the way he has I don't know of anyone that's going to perform better, not Bertuzzi, Tkachuk and certainly not Recchi. I think Recchi goes to Ott and Umberger stays. Flyers probably make a deal for someone like Barnaby which would be fine with me. Barnaby would be a fan favorite and has said in the past if there was one place he would love to play it's Philly because of thier fans.

Recchi for Umberger straight up is a joke IMO.
FlyerNation

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:59 am

I tend to agree with you FN. I really don't see Umberger being dealt, unless its a good deal for Philly and they get more than Recchi.

Tkachuk could end up there, but do you want another slow American hockey player? You already have Hatcher. Thats one too many.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:10 am

Kovy27 wrote:I tend to agree with you FN. I really don't see Umberger being dealt, unless its a good deal for Philly and they get more than Recchi.

Tkachuk could end up there, but do you want another slow American hockey player? You already have Hatcher. Thats one too many.

No I don't want Fatchuck whatsoever. Even Bertuzzi doesn't sound promising. I'm tired of getting players 4-5 years past thier expiration date Hawerchuck, Amonte, Oates etc..
FlyerNation

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:21 am

Kevin Gibson on hockeybuzz.com says

Recchi to the Flyers or Canes

Ryan Malone to Edmonton
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ville5 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:37 am

Yes, Malone is slow as me on skates. Yes he could be alot tougher. But he's still has potential to score and be a solid 2nd line winger. It'd have to be a pretty good offer to trade him.
On an unrelated note, it's believed Edmonton paid so much for Roloson because Biron and Joseph were no longer on the block. But now Joseph's name is being tossed out again. If he's moved, KL's gonna be p!$$ed.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:54 am

my sources tell me that one of the predicted rumors of the above mentioned sites is actually going to pan out, which will be a first...
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:03 am

....and one of my sources tells me that Isle of Capri is going to win the slots license.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ville5 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:16 am

Eklund: Malone to Ottawa or Toronto (e4) :lol:
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bowser on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:22 am

I predict Malone to Toronto for Kyle Wellwood and a draft pick.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins