The For the Birds Edition of The Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The For the Birds Edition of The Morning After

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:03 am

For the birds, or at least for a lost pigeon.

…I never want to see Sebastien Caron play another game for this team. He is crap, and Patrick needs to be looking for a decent backup goalie today. He single-handedly cost them the game last night. He pathetically misplayed the first goal (the one off the boards), and nothing more needs to be said about the one from 180 feet. He is an embarrassment. Just another great move by Clueless Craig signing him to a 3-year deal.

…While on the subject, I wouldn’t shed a tear if Therrien never coached another game, either. Can you explain to me why he yanked Caron the other night after two goals that were not his fault, yet left him in last night?

…Mikka Noronen, anyone?

…Recchi played last night as if he was trying to convince teams not to trade for him.

…If there has been a dumber player in the history of the NHL than Shane Endicott, please identify him.

…Scuderi put him self in a horrible position on the hit that hurt him. The only difference was that the Cap player did try to let up on him. But still, you can see the similarities to the Orpik hit. Once a guy decides to hit, it’s hard to lay off.

…Then Scuderi comes back and screens Caron perfectly on Ovechkin’s goal.

…On the two man disadvantage, why on earth were the two forwards Recchi and Malone??? Malone??? I have no problem with two forwards, but at least put guys with some quickness out there.

…The last time Clueless Craig went outside the organization for a coach was Kevin Constantine. Coincidentally (or not), that was the last time they were well-coached (well, excluding Herb’s interim tenure).

…Therrien is sounding more like Edzo by the day, saying things like they are doing the right things, just not winning. Fiddling while Rome burns?

…And why does this team only have one assistant coach, and a guy with no NHL coaching experience at that?

…I was thinking last night they should just trade everybody except Crosby, Whitney, Fleury, and Armstrong. None of the other stiffs would be missed in the least.

…If you thought Lange and Errey were bad last night, just consider yourself lucky you didn’t have to listen to Glen Healy on Center Ice. He just hates the Penguins for some reason. And he went on about the pigeon the entire third period. He is the Shane Endicott of announcers. The best one was when he said he had never seen a team use two forwards killing a 5 on 3. Shows how much he pays attention, eh?
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:05 am

…If there has been a dumber player in the history of the NHL than Shane Endicott, please identify him.

Eric Lindros
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The For the Birds Edition of The Morning After

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:13 am

Mad City Mike wrote:
…I was thinking last night they should just trade everybody except Crosby, Whitney, Fleury, and Armstrong. None of the other stiffs would be missed in the least.

I would add Orpik to that list, everyone else... cya.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby freq019 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:20 am

Is there an NHL equivalent to the wonderlick and I wonder what his score would be?
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:22 am

freq019 wrote:Is there an NHL equivalent to the wonderlick and I wonder what his score would be?

Can one get negative scores?
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:22 am

Vince Young was pretty close...haha :lol:
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Did you see this one?

Postby rasbatch on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:37 am

Kovy27 wrote:Vince Young was pretty close...haha :lol:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/45976
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Scott on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:37 am

I agree with about everything you said above. The lone exception being on the CP issue. I don't think he has done the terrile job most are thinking.

He has been in a no win chance for a few years now. Cut the guy some slack given $$$ issues and the (how many games will he play and how healthy will Lemieux be this year).

There were publications that had us in the voting box for team of the 90's with the Devils and the Wings.

THe rest of what you write is 10000000 percent dead on balls accurate. ;)

MT is a ball buster. Nothing more. You hate CP and his telant evaluation. Well, MT's talent evaluation is the worst ever for a Penguins coach.

Endo? why does he get so much ice time? (bad judge of talent by MT

Koltsov? Why is he not pulling 95 percent of the PK duty? When he is out there, they can't shoot from the point. Atleast not a wind up and shoot with accuracy.
But there was Recchi and the on going failing experiment of him on the PK again last night.

Too many men on the ice penalty. Again. When it isnt too many men on the ice, it is just a bad line change period.

That is a complete joke and falls on him. NIN argued with me for 1000 posts that they are pro's and don't need to do any youth type drills.

Well this team is not above youth type drills as no team is. A simple line change has been challenging to put it mildly. Any competent coach wouldnt be above working on little things if the team fails at them.

Talent is lacking, but his system and ideas are far worse.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The For the Birds Edition of The Morning After

Postby Scott on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:42 am

FallenHero96 wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:

I would add Orpik to that list, everyone else... cya.

No thanks on Orpik.

Tell you what, when Orpik starts making hits that really matter and help, then we will talk.

Orpik hits when it is convenient. His last open ice hit was against Buffalo and he even hurt himself on the play. What a joke.

Be a man and move someone away from the net, smash a guy coming down the boards. Hit the a puck carrier as he enters the zone in open ice.

All he gives us is hits that make no impact, or hits that hurts us with a penalty as he boarded a guy.

NO THANKS
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tocchet on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:45 am

It's pretty ridiculous to blame Scurderi for "screening" Caron on Ovie's second goal on the 5 on 3. What do you want Scuds to do, leave Ovie completely alone? He skated out toward him, AO moved toward the center, Scuds followed. It's not like Scuds was immediately in front of Caron. Besides, Caron started cheating and left the 5-hole wide open, one of his many awful goals lately.

Never should have signed that bum, and Aubin was clearly a better goalie. Oh well, this team and organization suck, so who really cares anymore.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:50 am

Tocchet wrote:It's pretty ridiculous to blame Scurderi for "screening" Caron on Ovie's second goal on the 5 on 3. What do you want Scuds to do, leave Ovie completely alone? He skated out toward him, AO moved toward the center, Scuds followed. It's not like Scuds was immediately in front of Caron. Besides, Caron started cheating and left the 5-hole wide open, one of his many awful goals lately.

Never should have signed that bum, and Aubin was clearly a better goalie. Oh well, this team and organization suck, so who really cares anymore.

What I have always heard is if you're going to be between the shooter and the goalie, you darn well better block the shot.

BTW, I do blame Caron too, as it was one of numerous weak goals he let in last night. I know sabourin suicked in his brief cameo, but I say give him a shot the rest of the year and out with the trout.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Steve on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:24 am

great post -

I was at the game with my brother, who's a caps fan - i pointed out our worst player early in the game (endicott) and mentioned that he's usually good for 2 tripping penalties a game - i was close with my prediction: one trip, and one hook....

a few other notes:

* I'd keep Orpik and Kolstov in addition to your list....

* why is Recchi on the point on the powerplay?????

* that bird was comical also, i'm sure the players were thinking WTF as it almost flew into them a few times. Kolzig shoo'd it away once with his stick...

* Our seats were three rows from the ice - sitting that close really gives you an appreciation of how good Crosby is at passing the puck and his vision of the ice at full speed....

* Leclair was skating hard, hitting etc.. Too bad he doesn't play for the trade deadline in every game.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Steve on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:30 am

one other note - not sure if it could be heard on TV or not, but the Larry Murphy "whoops" were made by the fans every time Gonchar touched the puck - funny stuff......
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:00 pm

Steve wrote:one other note - not sure if it could be heard on TV or not, but the Larry Murphy "whoops" were made by the fans every time Gonchar touched the puck - funny stuff......

Made him feel right at home.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

sitting close...

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:08 pm

* Our seats were three rows from the ice - sitting that close really gives you an appreciation of how good Crosby is at passing the puck and his vision of the ice at full speed.... "
You also see how Sid can use his feet like extra hands.

good to see that for now, both Sid & A Ovechkin show nothing
but respect for each other.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensStarsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:33 pm

The only good thing about this season is that next year can't look any worse by comparison.

Oh wait...that's what I said before the lockout...
PensStarsFan

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins