Ryan Malone mentioned prominently on TSN's Draft day blog

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Ryan Malone mentioned prominently on TSN's Draft day blog

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:44 am

Edmonton and Toronto supposedly looking for Forward help. I personally think it would be a mistake to trade him, espesially for picks. If we get a young veteran D back, I guess I could understand it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157792&hubname=nhl
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,276
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:46 am

listening to the fan 590 and they mentioned him earlier with 5 or 6 teams interested... philly, toronto, dallas, san jose, and maybe some other teams!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:48 am

I agree, I have no problem sending guys like Leclair, Recchi, Jackman, Cross, Melichar, Cairns, Bogy and Roy to wherever if all we get are picks in return because they all don't figure in the long term plan of the team. But Malone can be a key part of this team for a long time. I would only move him for a good defenseman.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,325
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

he's center...but

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:48 am

fourtKNOX wrote:listening to the fan 590 and they mentioned him earlier with 5 or 6 teams interested... philly, toronto, dallas, san jose, and maybe some other teams!


Would I love to see Stu Barnes back with the pens!

I didn't think R Malone would get this much notice based on his
year-long play.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,491
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Re: he's center...but

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:49 am

penny lane wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:listening to the fan 590 and they mentioned him earlier with 5 or 6 teams interested... philly, toronto, dallas, san jose, and maybe some other teams!


Would I love to see Stu Barnes back with the pens!

I didn't think R Malone would get this much notice based on his
year-long play.


sophmore slump... he has showed signs... did he play anywhere in the year off... i didnt think he did... def hurt him if he didnt... but could be a reason to why he is not playing well!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby alain blanc on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:53 am

did he play anywhere in the year off.
He played some game in Italia, we keep him in pittsburgh, or trade him for a good defsman
alain blanc
 

Postby BritishPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:55 am

I'd be sorry to see him go, I think Malone is better than a good amount of the guys we plan to keep. I agree with DelPen on this one.

If we can get a good deal then fine. He's a player that divides opinion...but I'd keep him.
BritishPenguin
 

I totally agree

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:07 pm

alain blanc wrote:
did he play anywhere in the year off.
He played some game in Italia, we keep him in pittsburgh, or trade him for a good defsman


Since he was moved to center, he has done very well.

What I can see is that, if Malone needs to play center to play well, then we could definately use either a scoring winger prospect (or young veteran) or a solid defenseman for him. I only say that because Crosby, Malkin, Talbot gives us what I believe are 3 strong young centers for him to compete with for ice time in the future. That's not to mention Ryan Stone, etc. as other centers in the system.

The Pens need a right-handed, solid, yound Dman. They aren't easy to find, so if I could get one for Malone I would consider it.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,276
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: I totally agree

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:13 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Since he was moved to center, he has done very well.

What I can see is that, if Malone needs to play center to play well, then we could definately use either a scoring winger prospect (or young veteran) or a solid defenseman for him. I only say that because Crosby, Malkin, Talbot gives us what I believe are 3 strong young centers for him to compete with for ice time in the future. That's not to mention Ryan Stone, etc. as other centers in the system.

The Pens need a right-handed, solid, yound Dman. They aren't easy to find, so if I could get one for Malone I would consider it.


dont forget about malkin... unless they try to make him a winger for crosby or vice versus.... but if malone goes to center... christensen may be able to move to a winger, with his heavy shot... could be deadly with either malkin or crosby passing ability!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Ryan Malone mentioned prominently on TSN's Draft day blo

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:48 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Edmonton and Toronto supposedly looking for Forward help. I personally think it would be a mistake to trade him, espesially for picks. If we get a young veteran D back, I guess I could understand it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157792&hubname=nhl


It's about time you showed up here!
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,347
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Re: Ryan Malone mentioned prominently on TSN's Draft day blo

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:54 pm

netwolf wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Edmonton and Toronto supposedly looking for Forward help. I personally think it would be a mistake to trade him, espesially for picks. If we get a young veteran D back, I guess I could understand it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157792&hubname=nhl


It's about time you showed up here!


Admin had banned me, or posters "like" me. I had to go through the formal LGP appeal process for reinstatement. There still may be a civil suit.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,276
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Ryan Malone mentioned prominently on TSN's Draft day blo

Postby Pitts on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:59 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
netwolf wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Edmonton and Toronto supposedly looking for Forward help. I personally think it would be a mistake to trade him, espesially for picks. If we get a young veteran D back, I guess I could understand it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157792&hubname=nhl


It's about time you showed up here!


Admin had banned me, or posters "like" me. I had to go through the formal LGP appeal process for reinstatement. There still may be a civil suit.


You're severely lacking in the post-count department. Better pick it up man!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,433
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Ryan Malone mentioned prominently on TSN's Draft day blo

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:04 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
netwolf wrote:It's about time you showed up here!


Admin had banned me, or posters "like" me. I had to go through the formal LGP appeal process for reinstatement. There still may be a civil suit.


Excuses, excuses. Seriously though, good to see you back in action. :)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,347
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pitts, sjnhiils and 10 guests

e-mail