Recchi to the Canes....no news on what goes to Pens

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Steve Latin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:06 pm

Hopefully the player is Ladd or Babchuk, but I kind of doubt it...
Steve Latin
 

Re: Per TSN

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:06 pm

estreetfan wrote:The Pittsburgh Penguins have a pending deal involving Mark Recchi going to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Niklas Nordgren, Krystofer Kolanos and a second-round pick in 2007


WOW! Even better! I would have been happy with just a 2nd round pick but Kolanos is a promising prospect!
Last edited by NIN on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIN
 

Postby MrKnowNothing on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:07 pm

Wow, TSN is saying Nordgren, Kolanos, and a 2007 2nd rounder.

Kolanos was on waivers earlier in the season.

I know we need centers, but wow. Bad trade.
MrKnowNothing
 

Postby Steve Latin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:09 pm

Norgren, Kolanos, and a second.

Wasn't Kolanos waiver wire material earlier this year? What a joke...
Steve Latin
 

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:10 pm

MrKnowNothing wrote:Wow, TSN is saying Nordgren, Kolanos, and a 2007 2nd rounder.

Kolanos was on waivers earlier in the season.

I know we need centers, but wow. Bad trade.


You're kidding right?

I was unhappy with futures and a pick, but let's be realistic. Recchi is 38, stinks, is probably a cancer in the room, and he's not going to stay with them. At some point you have to let go of the idea that they were going to get Staal and 3 1sts for this guy.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Location: ...

Postby tluke53 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:10 pm

TSN now saying....
The Carolina/Pittsburgh trade turns out to be Mark Recchi for Niklas Nordgren, Kris Kolanos and a 2nd rounder in 2007
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,590
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: All over the place

Postby borohcky9 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:12 pm

look at this logically...

atleast its better than just a 2nd rounder.

they may suprise some people
borohcky9
 

Postby MrKnowNothing on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:12 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
MrKnowNothing wrote:Wow, TSN is saying Nordgren, Kolanos, and a 2007 2nd rounder.

Kolanos was on waivers earlier in the season.

I know we need centers, but wow. Bad trade.


You're kidding right?

I was unhappy with futures and a pick, but let's be realistic. Recchi is 38, stinks, is probably a cancer in the room, and he's not going to stay with them. At some point you have to let go of the idea that they were going to get Staal and 3 1sts for this guy.


I didn't expect that. Recchi really doesn't stink.

After seeing what the Isles pulled for Parrish, who is essentially in the same boat, I thought we might get one pretty decent prospect.

Kolanos could have been had on waivers this year. Nordgren is kind of intruiging, and I guess the second round pick is fine.

Supposedly Recchi might even be back next year, which if that's the case, it's basically three free assets.

So I guess I was a little premature in saying bad trade.
MrKnowNothing
 

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:13 pm

Kolanos looks to be the better of the 2 picks, or at least seems to have more potential. Listed as a 3rd line forward by TSN, but supposedly has good hands and scoring potential. 2000 1st round pick, 19th overall.

On the downside is his defensive play and concussion problems.

Nordgren, on the other hand, is 27, a 1997 draft pick, and has played only 43 games in the NHL. No scouting report on him on TSN.

If it's true that Recchi will be back next year (which I really don't want), then getting just a 2nd rounder would be a good deal. These are not going to be big impact players for the Pens. They are both in the minors for Carolina.

If CP was smart (ok, i know it's not possible), maybe he would have gone for a young center who played good defensive game and excellent faceoff ability, instead of two lukewarm bodies.
Last edited by FLPensFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,149
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Davie, Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Postby Tocchet on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:13 pm

Pretty good return for a 38 year old rental. The second is the most valuable to the Pens, with Kolanos and Nordgren being good additions for WBS's Calder Cup run (if they can be sent down without having to go through waivers).
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:17 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Kolanos looks to be the better of the 2 picks, or at least seems to have more potential. Listed as a 3rd line forward by TSN, but supposedly has good hands and scoring potential. 2000 1st round pick, 19th overall.

On the downside is his defensive play and concussion problems.

Nordgren, on the other hand, is 27, a 1997 draft pick, and has played only 43 games in the NHL. No scouting report on him on TSN.

If it's true that Recchi will be back next year (which I really don't want), then getting just a 2nd rounder would be a good deal. These are not going to be big impact players for the Pens. They are both in the minors for Carolina.

If CP was smart (ok, i know it's not possible), maybe he would have gone for a young center who played good defensive game and excellent faceoff ability, instead of two lukewarm bodies.


The problem is you never know if such a player was ever offered. It's hard to imagine anybody offering a good young defensive face-off specialist for an aging hack like Recchi, but then again Craig Patrick has lost any benefit of the doubt he might have once deserved.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Location: ...

Postby BCHill on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:24 pm

I really can't get over some of you.

Recchi doesn't stink.

I'm glad for Rex. I hope he wins a Cup with Carolina.

I'll be waiting to welcome him back come September.
BCHill
 

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:30 pm

BCHill wrote:I really can't get over some of you.

Recchi doesn't stink.

I'm glad for Rex. I hope he wins a Cup with Carolina.

I'll be waiting to welcome him back come September.


Let me know if the Wreck takes the body or plays a man in the defensive zone or shows up looking like he's interested in playing the game instead of skating listlessly around the ice in Carolina. If he does any of those things, it will be the first time this season.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Location: ...

Postby BCHill on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:42 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
BCHill wrote:I really can't get over some of you.

Recchi doesn't stink.

I'm glad for Rex. I hope he wins a Cup with Carolina.

I'll be waiting to welcome him back come September.


Let me know if the Wreck takes the body or plays a man in the defensive zone or shows up looking like he's interested in playing the game instead of skating listlessly around the ice in Carolina. If he does any of those things, it will be the first time this season.


Do you really watch the games? I don't think you do.
BCHill
 

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:47 pm

BCHill wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:
BCHill wrote:I really can't get over some of you.

Recchi doesn't stink.

I'm glad for Rex. I hope he wins a Cup with Carolina.

I'll be waiting to welcome him back come September.


Let me know if the Wreck takes the body or plays a man in the defensive zone or shows up looking like he's interested in playing the game instead of skating listlessly around the ice in Carolina. If he does any of those things, it will be the first time this season.


Do you really watch the games? I don't think you do.


LOL...you think Wreck has been playing defense this season, but I'M the one who isn't watching the games? Lay off the water pipe, son, it affects your television viewing experience.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Location: ...

Postby Samuelsson on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:52 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Nordgren, on the other hand, is 27, a 1997 draft pick, and has played only 43 games in the NHL. No scouting report on him on TSN.


Nordgren has been one of the best goal scorers in the swedish elite league for a few years before taking the step to North America. He's a good skater, hard worker, with a nose for the net.

I've seen him a lot over here and I think he could be a pleasant surprise for many.
Samuelsson
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:16 am
Location: Karlstad,Sweden

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jcgopens, stopper40 and 13 guests


e-mail