NO MORE TRADES, PLEASE!!!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

NO MORE TRADES, PLEASE!!!

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:45 pm

After seeing what this idiot got for Recchi, he should not be allowed to pick up a phone the rest of the day. Couyld somebody please go kidnap him and stash him away somewhere until a new owner takes over? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby borohcky9 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:46 pm

Completely agree...with this return...we will now get a 8th round pick in 2032 for Leclair
borohcky9

Postby Tocchet on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:48 pm

So apparently the bidding for Recchi had heated up lately, and the best ol' Craig can do is future considerations and a pick. It better be a 2nd round pick at least.

CP sleeps with the fishes.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rocco on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:48 pm

Wait, I thought people just wanted Recchi gone...and now people are upset that he wasn't traded for an elite prospect? What's that saying about beggars and choosers?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:48 pm

This happens every trade deadline - fans start coming up with goofy trade rumors (i.e. recchi for RJ) and then get pissed off when other teams don't overpay for these marginal players.

why on earth would another team give us a decent player in return for recchi?
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:49 pm

Steve wrote:This happens every trade deadline - fans start coming up with goofy trade rumors (i.e. recchi for RJ) and then get pissed off when other teams don't overpay for these marginal players.

The funny thing is that if its a 2nd round pick or better this is a great trade for the PENs! :lol:
NIN

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:50 pm

...especially when he is going to be back here again next year
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:50 pm

Steve wrote:This happens every trade deadline - fans start coming up with goofy trade rumors (i.e. recchi for RJ) and then get pissed off when other teams don't overpay for these marginal players.

Except that in this case the goofy rumors were all from reasonably reputable sources and all said that the bidding for Recchi was competitive among four teams and that his value was being driven up. With that in mind, I don't think it's too much to expect that Patrick could pick up a living, breathing human being in a trade.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Daniel on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:50 pm

Perhaps that means that the bidding for Recchi went up to future considerations and a pick. I am happy that Recchi is gone and really don't care who came back.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tocchet on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:51 pm

Carolina needs someone to fill in for Eric Cole for the duration of the season, so they should have been willing to give up someone/something decent to get a player like Recchi. Even if it's a rental, the Canes make out pretty well in this deal if they don't give up anyone on their roster or elite prospects in the AHL/junior.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BJL on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:51 pm

All we got is a 2nd round pick... same that Washington got for Friesen????
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:52 pm

Daniel wrote:Perhaps that means that the bidding for Recchi went up to future considerations and a pick. I am happy that Recchi is gone and really don't care who came back.

Maybe it's a good pick, but if the bidding "went up" to futures and a pick, where did it start? A six-pack of MGD and a snow cone?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ville5 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:52 pm

Not saying anything about the trade until I see what futures are. It COULD be an injured player. Vasicek? We'll see.
ville5
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:53 pm

Tocchet wrote:Carolina needs someone to fill in for Eric Cole for the duration of the season, so they should have been willing to give up someone/something decent to get a player like Recchi. Even if it's a rental, the Canes make out pretty well in this deal if they don't give up anyone on their roster or elite prospects in the AHL/junior.

I agree that they need him. However, if the next best offer is nothing (or close to it) and Carolina knows CP wants to make the team younger, why would they offer something substantial?

I think this is an even trade for both teams. Why should the Pens waste money on a player who won't be there through rebuilding and Carolina has a playoff rental.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:54 pm

ville5 wrote:Not saying anything about the trade until I see what futures are. It COULD be an injured player. Vasicek? We'll see.

Or, as others have suggested, it could simply be not picking up Recchi's option.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:54 pm

BJL wrote:All we got is a 2nd round pick... same that Washington got for Friesen????

Freissen is a much younger player and can help a team for years. Recchi is better offensively and more versitile but this is it for him. If it's true that the Pens got a 2nd rounder for a player that has maybe 2 months left in his legs PLUS another prospect? Anyone who is ******** about this is just ******** because they like to *****.
NIN

Postby Tocchet on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:54 pm

...especially when he is going to be back here again next year

I wish this wasn't so. Recchi just needs to move on, and the Pens shouldn't be so affable about letting "a nice guy" to finish his career with the team.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: NO MORE TRADES, PLEASE!!!

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:59 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:After seeing what this idiot got for Recchi, he should not be allowed to pick up a phone the rest of the day. Couyld somebody please go kidnap him and stash him away somewhere until a new owner takes over? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I know we had visions of huge win in the trade but c'mon
Mark Recchi is only on loan to the canes. He is a free-agent
for next year...not to mention he'll be 39 year old winger.
Maybe a player will shake loose.

For john leclair, get something but put him out of his misery. He is
still and has been a flyer.

keep the faith could be CP last trading deadline here!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BJL on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:59 pm

I suppose the way we draft it wouldn't have mattered if it was a 2nd rounder or an 8th. Hopefully we can find someone to unload LeClair on...
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MrKnowNothing on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:01 pm

The only person saying for sure anything about the return right now is Eklund, who has no credibility.

I would not waste time being upset with the return until it is on TSN.
MrKnowNothing

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:04 pm

I have never been a CP fan, and can't wait til the new ownership group comes in and whants his people in there. That means no more CP, Therrien, EJ, or giving it to ex-Pens.

On this trade, I think its about right. Recchi is on the downside of his career, nobody is going to give that much up for him. Also with the CAP in place its alot harder to make these huge trades. Thats why its impossible to make trades in the NFL due to the CAP.

I think this is our only deal of the day, we get Hilbert to fill if for Rex.
SportsFan

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:06 pm

Niklas Nordgren, Krystofer Kolanos and a second-round pick in 2007

This is what we are getting for REX.
SportsFan

Postby Samuelsson on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:27 pm

I'm surprised that CP at least got some players for Recchi, and not just some draft pick as it usually is with CP. My expectations were low, and when you look at, if Nordgren and Kolanos don't take this chance, the 2nd rounder could turn out to be a pretty good player.
Samuelsson
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: NO MORE TRADES, PLEASE!!!

Postby yeltzen on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:38 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:After seeing what this idiot got for Recchi, he should not be allowed to pick up a phone the rest of the day. Couyld somebody please go kidnap him and stash him away somewhere until a new owner takes over? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Recchi stinks. other GM's know this. Why w
Hey! You got your wish cutie-pie!
yeltzen

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins