Kolanos, Nordgren and a 2nd for Rex

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby jjwags on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:22 pm

FlyerNation wrote:Look how silly all these Recchi for Umberger + Meyer look now.

as silly as Doan going to Flyers :P
jjwags
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:22 pm

NIN wrote:This trade could turn out better than the Jagr deal!

LOL

If any of the three players plays more than a season in the NHL for the Penguins, it will objectively be better than the Jagr deal.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hockeynut! on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:22 pm

Steve Latin wrote:Just more of the same CP apologist crap from you fools. Kolanos and Nordgren are waiver wire garbage. Combined, they're not worth more than a 4th round draft pick. Jeff Friesen, a player with less than 20 points this year (who carries a bigger salary than Recchi) netted essentially the same return.

Recchi has been a better player over the last two seasons than Doug Weight. Look at the return Weight command. Recchi is a better rental than Parrish. Parrish and Sopel netted two blue chip prospects.

Wow. I think it's pretty clear who the fool is.

Friesen is 30 years old and has a lot more upside than Recchi. Weight does too, as does Parrish. If you really thought Recchi was worth a blue chip prospect then you're insane. Why would any contending team give up a good prospect for a guy who absolutely tanked the last time he was in the playoffs and who did nothing this season until 2 months ago. Never mind his reputation for dividing locker rooms. That's what every contender wants. :roll:
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:26 pm

Defence21 wrote:From TSN.ca:

"Pierre McGuire on the Mark Recchi trade - He wants to go ot a team with a chance to win. If you are the general manager of a team that wants to win - you go and get this guy. He's a winner, he's a leader, he's a champion, and he holds people accountable in the dressing room. The biggest thing Recchi's got going for him - he's still got his hands, and he still has his feet coming down the wing. You put him with an elite centre ice-man and Recchi will make a difference on your team. Carolina is a team with an injury situation in Erik Cole. There is a familiarity here. Recchi knows Rod Brind'Amour, he knows Justin Williams, and Peter Laviolette's system should really help incorporate Recchi's speed."

From CNN.com:

Pierre McGuire was struck repeatedly by several bolts of lightning as he typed lie after lie about Mark Recchi on TSN.com.

He's a winner? Yeah? Champion? For winning a cup in 1991 on a team that didn't rely on him for leadership and at a time when he was still an offensive force? This makes him a leader and a winner? He holds people accountable in the room? Really? You mean people other than himself, his buddies, and any other veteran floaters?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hockeynut! on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:29 pm

Flyer fans didn't even want to give up a low pick to get him back. They hate him for the way he divided the Philly locker room and stunk it up in the playoffs.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Samuelsson on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:31 pm

This SHOULD mean bye bye Endo.
Samuelsson
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:32 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:Flyer fans didn't even want to give up a low pick to get him back. They hate him for the way he divided the Philly locker room and stunk it up in the playoffs.

But he's a born leader and a natural champion of men. If he would have led Napoleon's armies in Russia, we'd all be speaking Freedom now. Plus he literally scores at will and saves children and small puppies in his spare time. I hear he's able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but nobody I know has seen that.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:33 pm

Samuelsson wrote:This SHOULD mean bye bye Endo.

If there is such a thing as "hockey gods" he is being sent to Calgary or LA right now. Somewhere far far away. Far away.
NIN

Postby BCHill on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:34 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
Defence21 wrote:From TSN.ca:

"Pierre McGuire on the Mark Recchi trade - He wants to go ot a team with a chance to win. If you are the general manager of a team that wants to win - you go and get this guy. He's a winner, he's a leader, he's a champion, and he holds people accountable in the dressing room. The biggest thing Recchi's got going for him - he's still got his hands, and he still has his feet coming down the wing. You put him with an elite centre ice-man and Recchi will make a difference on your team. Carolina is a team with an injury situation in Erik Cole. There is a familiarity here. Recchi knows Rod Brind'Amour, he knows Justin Williams, and Peter Laviolette's system should really help incorporate Recchi's speed."

From CNN.com:

Pierre McGuire was struck repeatedly by several bolts of lightning as he typed lie after lie about Mark Recchi on TSN.com.

He's a winner? Yeah? Champion? For winning a cup in 1991 on a team that didn't rely on him for leadership and at a time when he was still an offensive force? This makes him a leader and a winner? He holds people accountable in the room? Really? You mean people other than himself, his buddies, and any other veteran floaters?

I guess you know more than a guy who coached him and has access to the locker room?

Everybody who actually KNOWS Recchi and has knowledge of the locker room says the complete opposite of the handful of fans here who rip him.

Yes, he holds people accountable, but some whiny little rookies like Eric Christensen can't deal with it and go running to the press with lies that some of you eat up as the truth. EC will get his comeuppins when he has to answer to a coach some day that he lied to MM about.
BCHill

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:41 pm

BCHill wrote:I guess you know more than a guy who coached him and has access to the locker room?

Everybody who actually KNOWS Recchi and has knowledge of the locker room says the complete opposite of the handful of fans here who rip him.

Yes, he holds people accountable, but some whiny little rookies like Eric Christensen can't deal with it and go running to the press with lies that some of you eat up as the truth. EC will get his comeuppins when he has to answer to a coach some day that he lied to MM about.

Uh, Pierre McGuire coached Recchi when? He was a scout on those cup winners, no?

At any rate, do I think I know more watching him play now than Pierre McGuire knows reaching back to his memories of the one season he was in the room with Recchi a couple of times 16 years ago when Recchi could play the game? In a word, yes.

And what a shock that all of Wreck's buddies say nice things about him. Amazing, really.

Tell me when this season Recchi held his BFF John LeClair accountable for playing like crap. Tell me when he held himself accountable for same. Hell, I don't know if he even likes Sergei Gonchar but I don't recall him holding Gonchar's feet to the fire either.

No, Wreck only holds rookies accountable; they're easy to bully around and they'll get you cold beers from the fridge if you're really tough with them. He's a hell of a guy.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jamie on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:43 pm

NIN wrote:
Samuelsson wrote:This SHOULD mean bye bye Endo.

If there is such a thing as "hockey gods" he is being sent to Calgary or LA right now. Somewhere far far away. Far away.

Ship him to a team like the Isles or Caps. I would love to see him on another team in the conference. That means Power Play time for us.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BCHill on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:44 pm

His "buddies" know him and know he isn't the player you claim.
BCHill

Postby NIN on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:46 pm

Tikkanen wrote:I guess you know more than a guy who coached him and has access to the locker room?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Unless you're a former player, and know what goes on behind closed doors, STFU.[/quote]

According to Madden and a few others a hockey locker room is like an episode of Oprah Winfrey! :lol:

There is so much drama in there you have to wonder why nobody has started a reality show about it?
NIN

Postby BCHill on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:47 pm

Tikkanen wrote:I guess you know more than a guy who coached him and has access to the locker room?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Unless you're a former player, and know what goes on behind closed doors, STFU.[/quote]

I guess the same can be said for you then? So STFU already!
BCHill

?

Postby Gaucho on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:49 pm

Two players AND a 2nd round pick is more than I expected. I thought a 2nd round pick, period. Definitely sounds ok to me. What did some of you expect? Jay Bouwmeester?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Canes-KA14 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:57 pm

As a 'Canes fan, I think this is a interesting trade...

Recchi can only help fill the void left by Cole's injury (Gee, thx guys! :P) especially since he has familiarity skating with Brindy and Williams.

As for you, you guys will have a love/hate relationship with Nordgren. You can't help but fall in love with the energy and recklace abandond he brings to each shift. He's got a great "hockey sense" and seems to be in the right place at the right time, but unfortunately, the skill in his hands can't keep up and he has a problem finishing. He's a blast to watch, but he's cause for more "D'OHs" than "Woohoos!"

Don't expect much from Kolanos though... he's a warm body and probably tossed in to add some depth to your farm club when the Pens call up some young blood to take Recchi and Leclair's place.

Cheers!
Canes-KA14

Doh

Postby Gaucho on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:06 pm

Sounds like Nordgren will complement KK and Rita just nicely.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve Latin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:07 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:
Steve Latin wrote:Just more of the same CP apologist crap from you fools. Kolanos and Nordgren are waiver wire garbage. Combined, they're not worth more than a 4th round draft pick. Jeff Friesen, a player with less than 20 points this year (who carries a bigger salary than Recchi) netted essentially the same return.

Recchi has been a better player over the last two seasons than Doug Weight. Look at the return Weight command. Recchi is a better rental than Parrish. Parrish and Sopel netted two blue chip prospects.

Wow. I think it's pretty clear who the fool is.

Friesen is 30 years old and has a lot more upside than Recchi. Weight does too, as does Parrish. If you really thought Recchi was worth a blue chip prospect then you're insane. Why would any contending team give up a good prospect for a guy who absolutely tanked the last time he was in the playoffs and who did nothing this season until 2 months ago. Never mind his reputation for dividing locker rooms. That's what every contender wants. :roll:

You're talking about the upside of a 30 year old and a 35 year old rent-a-player? Are you a **** ******?
Steve Latin

Postby skullman80 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:44 pm

Garbage. Just garbage period.

If this is the return...just should have kept Recchi.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:46 pm

Steve Latin wrote:You're talking about the upside of a 30 year old and a 35 year old rent-a-player? Are you a **** ******?

And you're talking about an overpaid 38 year old who was horrible the last time he saw ice time in the playoffs and is a minus 30 on the season. :roll: There's a reason not a single Flyer fan wanted him back.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:49 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:
Steve Latin wrote:You're talking about the upside of a 30 year old and a 35 year old rent-a-player? Are you a **** ******?

And you're talking about an overpaid 38 year old who was horrible the last time he saw ice time in the playoffs and is a minus 30 on the season. :roll: There's a reason not a single Flyer fan wanted him back.

To be fair, no one, and I mean no one who gets significant ice time would be a + player on this team.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:50 pm

To be fair, no one, and I mean no one who gets significant ice time would be a + player on this team.

Colby Armstrong is a +3 and plays about 18 minutes per game on average.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hockeynut! on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:51 pm

skullman80 wrote:To be fair, no one, and I mean no one who gets significant ice time would be a + player on this team.

Oh, I agree but every Flyer fan I spoke to after he was signed said how weak he was defensively. He's the worst +/- on the team and the second worst in the entire NHL. That had to scare off a ton of teams, imo.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins