what the canes fans are saying

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

what the canes fans are saying

Postby dman66 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:17 pm

Eww, I am liking this! I hope we don't deal Nordgren, he has potential, I believe. But, I am loving our team, I wish we didn't lose Cole though.

I hope it's not Nordgren. I think most canes fan underestimate him

That.... kinda sucks cause I really wanted to see what Krystofer Kolanos could do eventually.
But still MARK RECCHI!

What?!?!
I thought it was for only a 2nd round pick. The Pens owe us for what Oprik did to Cole

Krys Kolanos can't be too good if we got him by giving up 'Oscar Myers' aka Brendl.
Norgreen showed he had some tallent, and tons of hustle. but is totally replaceable. Reminds me of Westlund a few years back, and we've survived without him.

The people who complain about Nordgren obviously know nothing of his background or potential and only see his lack of points this year. He's too good of a prospect and along with Kolanos, another good prospect, we gave up too much.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BCHill on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:26 pm

From the players standpoint: Rod Brind'Amour is very happy with this deal. He played with Rex in Philadelphia before he was traded to Carolina and his eyes lit up when he was told of a possible deal.
BCHill

Re: what the canes fans are saying

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:54 pm

dman66 wrote:The people who complain about Nordgren obviously know nothing of his background or potential and only see his lack of points this year. He's too good of a prospect and along with Kolanos, another good prospect, we gave up too much.

I think Nordgren is 26. How much potential can he have at this point? Kolanos is interesting, but has had concussion issues. Maybe he can play with Malkin next year. :)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:57 pm

Rita, Nordgren, Hilbert, and Kolanos.

The Pens got alot smaller and softer up front. Where is that big forward that can go into the corners and grind, and where is the centerman to win those faceoffs.
SportsFan

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:59 pm

the centerman o win faceoffs is talbot--where is he?

the small guys are drawing lots of penalties, i.e. koltsov, and generating chances, look around the league
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:01 pm

The Recchi trade doesn't seem so bad to me. If he really is headed back here after the season, it essentially could be a couple players with decent potential, a 2nd rounder, and a reduced salary for Recchi for nothing. It could have been worse.

I'm more disappointed that LeClair, Melichar, and Jackman are still here.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:05 pm

Leclair, Jackman, and Melichar would of returned future considerations at best.

I am not ready to give up on Jackman yet. Melichar being here in the first place was a boner by CP, who signed him before Rosival. He thought Melichar was more physical and would be more of a need.
SportsFan

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:14 pm

SportsFan wrote:Rita, Nordgren, Hilbert, and Kolanos.

The Pens got alot smaller and softer up front. Where is that big forward that can go into the corners and grind, and where is the centerman to win those faceoffs.

Nordgren and Recchi were the same size and Kolanos is 6'3", 203. Cross was a big guy, but didn't play like it.

Some reports say Nordgren and Hilbert have grit to their games, but I honestly have never seen either play. I guess we'll see on Saturday...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:16 pm

Hilbert doesnt add grit, I dont care what reports say. He sucked in Boston.
SportsFan

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins