I can't even put into words

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

I can't even put into words

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:29 pm

How disgusted I am with Craig Patrick. The guy might well be the worst GM in all of sports. Even if he had to waive useless pieces of crap like LeClair, he should have done it. You can't tell me somebody wouldn't offer at least something for him. And even a 7th-rounder is better than having his albatross salary around your neck next year.

And all the other crap on the roster? Well, he acquired it all. His inability to make even one intelligent move is a joke.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Hm

Postby Gaucho on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:32 pm

Well, I guess nobody wanted to pick up LeClair's salary.

I'm not sure what you expected. We got decent return on Recchi and Cross, more than I thought we'd be able to get anyway.

I'm certainly glad we kept Malone and Melichar.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Hm

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:38 pm

Gaucho wrote:Well, I guess nobody wanted to pick up LeClair's salary.

I'm not sure what you expected. We got decent return on Recchi and Cross, more than I thought we'd be able to get anyway.

I'm certainly glad we kept Malone and Melichar.

Melichar is useless trash who is incapable of paying in the new NHL. Malone at least has some potential to be slightly better than useless.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

is this MCM or MM

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:42 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:How disgusted I am with Craig Patrick. The guy might well be the worst GM in all of sports. Even if he had to waive useless pieces of crap like LeClair, he should have done it. You can't tell me somebody wouldn't offer at least something for him. And even a 7th-rounder is better than having his albatross salary around your neck next year.

And all the other crap on the roster? Well, he acquired it all. His inability to make even one intelligent move is a joke.

Mark Madden just completed a rant by saying this Recchi
trade is worse than the Jagr trade... :roll:

I think think Ryan Malone talk , just talk. Secret hope that
John LeClair still finds a playoff home.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby abigFATAss on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:44 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:Melichar is useless trash who is incapable of paying in the new NHL.

I hate to say it, but he's probably the Pens best d-man. Gonchar sucks. Whitney's been making rookie mistakes. Cross was crap. Cairns only there to protect Sid. Jackman would be better if he was played more in the past.

Compared to the rest, Melichar has been more consistent, for how bad he really is.
abigFATAss

Postby dboss on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:46 pm

abigFATAss wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:Melichar is useless trash who is incapable of paying in the new NHL.

I hate to say it, but he's probably the Pens best d-man. Gonchar sucks. Whitney's been making rookie mistakes. Cross was crap. Cairns only there to protect Sid. Jackman would be better if he was played more in the past.

Compared to the rest, Melichar has been more consistent, for how bad he really is.

Scuderi is their best d-man. Melichar is wretched and only gets worse with more playing time.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:48 pm

Mark Madden is a tool. Why anyone listens to him is beyond me, the guys is so ignorant. Remember the Kovie to Pittsburgh rumor?
SportsFan

Postby dboss on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:51 pm

SportsFan wrote:Mark Madden is a tool. Why anyone listens to him is beyond me, the guys is so ignorant. Remember the Kovie to Pittsburgh rumor?

I think he was dead on with the Kovy rumor, but the problem was that he relied on CP to get the deal done. We are all learning how stupid that can be.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:54 pm

If I remember correctly, his "SOURCES" had Kovie signing here.

Him and John Steigerwald are two sports people Pittsburgh would be better off without.

I am waiting for Steigerwald to love the Pirates this year.
SportsFan

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:55 pm

SportsFan wrote:If I remember correctly, his "SOURCES" had Kovie signing here.

Him and John Steigerwald are two sports people Pittsburgh would be better off without.

His source was Kovalev.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dboss on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:57 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Exactly! I put this one solely on CP. He thought he could lowball and stonewall Kovy just because he wanted to play here. Totally overplayed his hand.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby yeltzen on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:58 pm

I would say this is slightly worse than the Jagr deal. We didn't HAVE to get rid of Recchi, so in theory we should have gotten a better return.
yeltzen

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:59 pm

SportsFan wrote:I am waiting for Steigerwald to love the Pirates this year.

Steigerwald has no issue with the Pirates per se. He can't stand the idiots that run the league. His contention has always been that the CBA basically equates to the league being fixed and since the Pirates have no chance to win, he doesn't care what they do. If MLB had a real CBA, I'm sure he'd be backing the Pirates too.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:59 pm

dboss wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Exactly! I put this one solely on CP. He thought he could lowball and stonewall Kovy just because he wanted to play here. Totally overplayed his hand.

Well, I think Kovy got 4.5 mill a year...
Palffy got 3.5 and Roy 1 mill

Would you rather have Kovy or Palffy and Roy...

Yeah, CP sucks.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:04 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Who said that, Kovalev or Madden?

Exactly.

Don't believe everything that you hear.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:06 pm

Jesse wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Exactly.

Ok, so why should I not believe it? If you think its not true thats one thing, but you have no proof it isnt. Do you think its unlikely Madden would have spoken to Kovalev, because I don't.

Don't take everything you hear as false.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:09 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:
Jesse wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Exactly.

Ok, so why should I not believe it? If you think its not true thats one thing, but you have no proof it isnt. Do you think its unlikely Madden would have spoken to Kovalev, because I don't.

I think it's unlikley that Kovalev would have said to Madden what his plans were outright.

I believe that Mark Madden fictionalized the entire thing, just as he does everytime he claims an "Insider" said so.

Hey, Kevin Stevens told me yesterday that he is planning on returning alongside Ron Francis next year.

See, it's that easy. Plus, you have no proof that it isn't true.

I've grown tired of discussing Madden now. Wake me up when he's right for once in his life.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dboss on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:10 pm

Jesse wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Exactly.

It has been well-documented by NUMEROUS sources that Kovy wanted to come back to the Pens. All CP had to do was match the Habs offer. Instead he signed a winger with a bum-shoulder that retired mid-way through the season and a goon who broke his eye socket in his first fight of the season and hasn't done d*** since.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:11 pm

dboss wrote:
Jesse wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Exactly.

It has been well-documented by NUMEROUS sources that Kovy wanted to come back to the Pens. All CP had to do was match the Habs offer. Instead he signed a winger with a bum-shoulder that retired mid-way through the season and a goon who broke his eye socket in his first fight of the season and hasn't done d*** since.

Name another source besides Madden or Eklund.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:14 pm

Who cares about Kovalev? He's got 16 goals this season after scoring 14 last season. He's getting older. Maybe he would have played well in Pittsburgh, but would it have made any difference? At least Palffy had the decency to retire and rid us of his contract.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:17 pm

Jesse wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:
Jesse wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Exactly.

I think it's unlikley that Kovalev would have said to Madden what his plans were outright.

I believe that Mark Madden fictionalized the entire thing, just as he does everytime he claims an "Insider" said so.

Hey, Kevin Stevens told me yesterday that he is planning on returning alongside Ron Francis next year.

See, it's that easy. Plus, you have no proof that it isn't true.

I've grown tired of discussing Madden now. Wake me up when he's right for once in his life.

I guess it all depends on your view of Mark Madden. Only he knows what happened. But it seems most likely to me that while talking to Kovalev he mentioned about playing here again. That is a very likely scenario, as Madden would probably bring it up. I know I would.

Now if you are comparing yourself making up a rumor on a whim, to someone who has a national radio show and access to players and other personell making up rumors, well I don't know what to tell you.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dboss on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Jesse wrote:
dboss wrote:
Jesse wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:

His source was Kovalev.

Exactly.

Name another source besides Madden or Eklund.

Quote from Kovalev's agent: "He's expressed some interest," Scott Greenspun, Kovalev's agent, said of his chat with Patrick. "It's one of the clubs that Alex likewise has expressed an interest in. We'll see what happens."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05214/547349.stm

Anytime you want your argument squashed you let me know. :wink:
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BacklashJack on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:20 pm

dboss wrote:
Scuderi is their best d-man. Melichar is wretched and only gets worse with more playing time.

Absolutely, defensively, Scuderi is the best they have, Whitney has shown some cofidence jumping up in the play lately, especially in Tuesday's game. Melichar doesn't have a clue out there.
BacklashJack

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:23 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
dboss wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Mark Madden is a tool. Why anyone listens to him is beyond me, the guys is so ignorant. Remember the Kovie to Pittsburgh rumor?

I think he was dead on with the Kovy rumor, but the problem was that he relied on CP to get the deal done. We are all learning how stupid that can be.

Madden said Gonchar was a great signing. Madden said the penguins would be cup contenders. Madden said big defenseman would be phased out of the NHL. Madden said defensive defenseman would be phased out of the NHL. Madden said big time goalies would be of little importance. Madden said Kovalev was a done deal. Madden said Zubrus and Hrdina was a sure thing. Madden said Recch and Malone for Leopold or Umberger.

The man is never right. The man is an idiot. Stop putting faith in the things he says.

Those are opinions. 80 percent of this board thought Gonchar was a great signing. And it was Dejan with the Hrdina for Zubrus. I am not putting faith in anything he says, Im just not ready to call him a liar.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:23 pm

Expressing some interests, and saying you want to come back are 2 different things.

I also remember after the 2004 NFL Draft Madden said taking Big Ben was a bad choice..LMAO

The guy is a moron, I remember about 5 years ago he was trying to get out of Pittsburgh, whatever happened to that? I wish he would leave.

I am also 100% sure Kovie didn't call Madden and tell him anything. I would also be sure Kovie probably doesn't even know Madden.
SportsFan

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins