Anybody think call-ups will be in order?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Anybody think call-ups will be in order?

Postby abigFATAss on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:38 pm

It seems like all the trades we made today were minor trades. All the trades I liked, but they were very minor.

But I think this gives the Penguins a lot of wiggleroom in order to call up a lot of guys from Wilkes-Barre.

Cross is gone, so I'd like to see Welch come up.

Recchi's gone, so I'd like to see Christensen stay up for once.

Hilbert seems like a good depth guy, but as for right now, he's an AHLer.

Kolanos was good when he was healthy in PHX. Start him out at Wilkes-Barre, and see how he does in camp next year.

I don't know much about Nordgren. Can't assess him too much. If anybody has information about him and his abilities, I'd like to hear them.
abigFATAss

Postby Samuelsson on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:45 pm

Nordgren is a player in the Mikael Samuelsson molde. Good skater,hard worker and if given the chance, he's a goal scorer. He was always among the top scorers for the last few seasons in the swedish elite league. I've seen him a lot, and I gotta say, I think he could be really valuable to us.
Samuelsson
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:50 pm

I think if anything, some will go down to WBS, like Armstrong, Whitney, Oulette.

I think we could see Vandenbussche coming back soon, and with the new additions our Roster wont take that much of a hit.
SportsFan

Postby Jesse on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:51 pm

SportsFan wrote:I think if anything, some will go down to WBS, like Armstrong, Whitney, Oulette.

I think we could see Vandenbussche coming back soon, and with the new additions our Roster wont take that much of a hit.

Whoever sends Armstrong to WB/S should be shot in the face on the spot.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BritishPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:54 pm

Jesse wrote:
SportsFan wrote:I think if anything, some will go down to WBS, like Armstrong, Whitney, Oulette.

Whoever sends Armstrong to WB/S should be shot in the face on the spot.

I think we should keep Armstrong, Ouellet and Whitney in Pitts. I wouldn't mind one bit if Endicott went down and some of the other fringe players.
BritishPenguin

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:55 pm

Why not? The kid has a great future here, but lets get the Calder Cup.

Him playing up here for a few extra weeks may get us 2 more wins.
SportsFan

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:57 pm

that doesnt make any sense
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:57 pm

SportsFan wrote:Why not? The kid has a great future here, but lets get the Calder Cup.

Right, and when he gets claimed off waivers that will be great. The only players who can go down to WBS without going through waivers are Fleury and Whitney.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BritishPenguin on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:59 pm

SportsFan wrote:Why not? The kid has a great future here, but lets get the Calder Cup.

http://blogs.timesshamrock.com/pensblog/

There's something there about a waivers issue.

DelPen, you beat me to it. Well said.
BritishPenguin

Postby SportsFan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:03 pm

I highly doubt he would get picked up.. There has been alot more potential players and better players who could add more right now to a team that has passed thru waivers.
SportsFan

Postby schreibdog on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:08 pm

SportsFan wrote:I highly doubt he would get picked up.. There has been alot more potential players and better players who could add more right now to a team that has passed thru waivers.

I think a first round pick like Armstrong with a low salary would not make it through waivers. I don't see a point in even making the attempt to do it...it's not worth the chance
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Until Orpik's suspension is served, they're short a defenseman - bring me Noah Welch.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins