Power Play Question

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Power Play Question

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:45 pm

Who the heck is going to play the points on the PP? They just traded two of the four guys who do that. That leaves Gonchar and Whitney. Well, and off his performance the other night, I guess Melichar, too :lol: . At least Cornelius can't be plunked in there :lol: . But seriously, who else is there?
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:48 pm

Maybe Welch, if he gets called up.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:48 pm

ross lupaschuk
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:49 pm

does welch play the pt... i really think you will see malkin on a pt next year with crosby down low... seems the russians like that spot...

if welch plays pp with wbs... then why not give him a shot here... but i would say whitney/gonchar are the two main....

do u think malone, armstrong might get a shot there... i hope not... but who the heck knows with this coaching staff/organization.... we have seen worse!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby schreibdog on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:53 pm

MT tried Surovy around new year's on the point, which didn't seem to work well. If you put Whitney and Gonchar on the points of PP #1, who's available for the 2nd line? Orpik and Scuderi? Melichar and Cairns!? :lol:
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:20 pm

schreibdog wrote:MT tried Surovy around new year's on the point, which didn't seem to work well. If you put Whitney and Gonchar on the points of PP #1, who's available for the 2nd line? Orpik and Scuderi? Melichar and Cairns!? :lol:

In all seriousness, you would be a better option to man the point than Eric Cairns.

From what I've read, Noah Welch has played the point on the power play.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins