Bombulie says Kolanos and Taticek to WBS...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Bombulie says Kolanos and Taticek to WBS...

Postby Defence21 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:45 pm

He also said that Fleury and Whitney will be allowed to play for WBS once the NHL season is over and that a WBS defenseman not named Noah Welch is on his way to the Penguins.

http://blogs.timesshamrock.com/pensblog/
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

who can it be now? :)

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:50 pm

I'm no WBS expert... I wonder if it could be Paul Bissonnette?

Sorry that CP could not pick up a goalie to give us a competing
chance plus allow Marc-Andre a day or 2 off.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 pm

I would guess it's Lannon.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Racer17 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:13 pm

Just wondering, what is Mullen's record in WBS?
Racer17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:40 pm

I'd like to know why Noah Welch isn't getting a look. I hope JB is wrong, but I don't recall that happening much, if ever.

At least let it be someone with a shot to be part of the team's future. If Nasraddine or Kelleher are sent up her, I may get a little sick.

netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:45 pm

netwolf wrote:At least let it be someone with a shot to be part of the team's future.

I'd be OK with this if the guy they bring up adds protection.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
netwolf wrote:At least let it be someone with a shot to be part of the team's future.

I'd be OK with this if the guy they bring up adds protection.

They already have Carins and Roy here. How many more roster spots do they need to occupy with protecting 87?

They need to use the rest of the season to evaluate talent. Bring up someone with a chance to be on the team next year.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:06 am

netwolf wrote:I'd like to know why Noah Welch isn't getting a look. I hope JB is wrong, but I don't recall that happening much, if ever.

At least let it be someone with a shot to be part of the team's future. If Nasraddine or Kelleher are sent up her, I may get a little sick.

Nasrredine is an assistant coach in addition to being a player so count him out and I think Kelleher just returned from an injury.

I really think if it's not Welch than it's got to be Lannon.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:09 am

netwolf wrote:They already have Carins and Roy here. How many more roster spots do they need to occupy with protecting 87?

No No, I didn't say someone whose suppose to add protection, I said someone who DOES add protection.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby netwolf on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:14 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
netwolf wrote:They already have Carins and Roy here. How many more roster spots do they need to occupy with protecting 87?

No No, I didn't say someone whose suppose to add protection, I said someone who DOES add protection.

I hadn;t realized this until Draftnik pointed it out in another thread, but the Crosby abuse has substantially abated since Cairns was added. Whether that because he is that feared, the "test the new rook" phase ended, or it was just some coincidence, it's true.

They only way you can protect him any more than they are is to find a present-day version of Rick Tocchet in his prime: a guy that can play hockey at a high level and beat the crap outta someone if needed.

I don't know if there's anyone that fits that bill. Those guys are rare and would command a high price.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:18 am

netwolf wrote:I hadn;t realized this until Draftnik pointed it out in another thread, but the Crosby abuse has substantially abated since Cairns was added. Whether that because he is that feared, the "test the new rook" phase ended, or it was just some coincidence, it's true.

You forgot one. Coincidence. Cairns isn't feared around the league. Plus he hasn't even gotten much ice time, or even been put to the test even once in that role here.

I do agree that, at least for a while, both the opponents and the Ref's have lightened up on Sid. Tehn again, Sid hasn't been flapping his gums as much recently either.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:20 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
netwolf wrote:I hadn;t realized this until Draftnik pointed it out in another thread, but the Crosby abuse has substantially abated since Cairns was added. Whether that because he is that feared, the "test the new rook" phase ended, or it was just some coincidence, it's true.

You forgot one. Coincidence. Cairns isn't feared around the league. Plus he hasn't even gotten much ice time, or even been put to the test even once in that role here.

I do agree that, at least for a while, both the opponents and the Ref's have lightened up on Sid. Tehn again, Sid hasn't been flapping his gums as much recently either.

Actually, I did list coincidence. Check again. :)

Whatever the reason, it's dropped off and as such, I see no reason to bring up another protector-type.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:22 am

netwolf wrote:
Actually, I did list coincidence. Check again. :)

Whatever the reason, it's dropped off and as such, I see no reason to bring up another protector-type.

My bad. Good point.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Defence21 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:24 am

netwolf wrote:They only way you can protect him any more than they are is to find a present-day version of Rick Tocchet in his prime: a guy that can play hockey at a high level and beat the crap outta someone if needed.

I don't know if there's anyone that fits that bill. Those guys are rare and would command a high price.

The only guy I can think of is Doan. And he'd be next to impossible to pry from Phoenix.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:03 am

DelPen wrote:I would guess it's Lannon.

Bowser is vomiting somewhere right now.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BJL on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:11 am

It's Nasreddine...
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jesse on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:50 am

As I re-read this article, it also mentions that Endicott's minor stint may just be for conditioning.

Lord, help us all.

:shock:
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins