When does free agency start this summer?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

When does free agency start this summer?

Postby mjs348 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:41 pm

When can we hopefully get Recchi back this summer?
mjs348
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Bowser on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:56 pm

I believe the date remained July 1
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:58 pm

I really don't understand why folks are crucifying CP over this... for renting out Mark for the last 1/4 of a wasted season, he got SOMETHING back. Sounds pretty good to me.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Defence21 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:06 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:I really don't understand why folks are crucifying CP over this... for renting out Mark for the last 1/4 of a wasted season, he got SOMETHING back. Sounds pretty good to me.

Yeah, I'm with you here. At first, I was pretty mad, because I had hopes that, if he went to Carolina, Babchuk might be involved. When I saw the deal, I was angry...but I looked up each player and realized that it might not be so bad. Neither of the players is great, but both have their upsides. Will they ever be top line players? Not too likely. But who thought Micheal Samuelsson would do what he is doing this year? Sometimes a change of scenery and new linemates create a new spark and some chemistry. If it happens, great. If not, we got a 2nd rounder and minor league depth...plus the return of Recchi this summer.

Plus, I seem to recall everyone calling for Recchi's head, saying he is a lazy bum who is worthless and no team would want him. I even read that he wouldn't add anything to a playoff team, let alone help push them to the Cup. That's odd, seeing as how the best team in hockey knocked on the door. If Recchi is/was as bad as some on here would want us to believe, we should just be happy he is gone.

This deadline was about getting some guys who could pan out, while cutting salary and dumping dead weight. Simple as that. Am I tickled pink? Nope. Am I mad? Nope. Am I indifferent? Yep! It was an average day. CP gets a C.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins