Taticek a former first rounder?....Seventh overall?...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Taticek a former first rounder?....Seventh overall?...

Postby Mountaineer on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:07 am

This guy has to have skill if he was picked that high, right? I mean, seventh overall in any draft is still a top-ten pick. Is anyone else intrigued by this guy? Or, is this another Kris Beech, destined for the minor leagues, and nothing else.

Any info/opinions on Taticek would be appreciated.
Mountaineer

Here is what I know from my Czech source.

Postby Penspal on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:15 am

Hehe

My wife is Czech and she is a reliable source.

His last name means little little daddy. Not just little daddy, but "little little daddy" :lol: .

So I can only imagine the nicknames that this guy will have when the players find that out (Surovy/Melichar can spill the beans I guess).

PensPal
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Taticek a former first rounder?....Seventh overall?...

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:00 am

Mountaineer wrote:This guy has to have skill if he was picked that high, right? I mean, seventh overall in any draft is still a top-ten pick. Is anyone else intrigued by this guy? Or, is this another Kris Beech, destined for the minor leagues, and nothing else.

Well, I believe Beech was 6th overall. Many top 10 picks do not develop into what they should. I'm not really impressed with anyone they got in the trades. I'm thinking more of the same crap we already have. The one who intrigues me most right now is the waiver pick-up. I can't wait to see how he plays. My concern there is that he couldn't stick with a Chicago team that isn't much better than the Pens!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Taticek a former first rounder?....Seventh overall?...

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:12 am

Pitts wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:This guy has to have skill if he was picked that high, right? I mean, seventh overall in any draft is still a top-ten pick. Is anyone else intrigued by this guy? Or, is this another Kris Beech, destined for the minor leagues, and nothing else.

Well, I believe Beech was 6th overall. Many top 10 picks do not develop into what they should. I'm not really impressed with anyone they got in the trades. I'm thinking more of the same crap we already have. The one who intrigues me most right now is the waiver pick-up. I can't wait to see how he plays. My concern there is that he couldn't stick with a Chicago team that isn't much better than the Pens!

Keep in mind that if he were to play in the Calder Cup this spring he would ahve to be in the AHL so they might have been sending him down for that.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:15 am

Understood. He may not get a chance to show his stuff until training camp.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby In The Shadows on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:31 pm

Patrick stated in his press conference yesterday that Andy Hilbert would be on the Pittsburgh roster. He should be in the line-up Saturday along with Nordgren....

Kolanos and the Little Little Daddy are heading to WBS...
In The Shadows
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins