Power Rankings Crosby friendly

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Power Rankings Crosby friendly

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:49 am

Last edited by FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlyerNation

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:54 am

This was good for a laugh. My favortie was for Edmonton:

"All is not lost however, they still have Rob Schremp. He has 135 points in the OHL. How many did The Next One have? Zero."
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:56 am

This idiot has the Blackhawks 11th. Enough said.

Anyone know the story behind his hatred of 87?
Last edited by ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:56 am

DelPen wrote:This was good for a laugh. My favortie was for Edmonton:

"All is not lost however, they still have Rob Schremp. He has 135 points in the OHL. How many did The Next One have? Zero."

Check out their trade reviews yesterday. " Canes aquire Back Stabbing Rat Bastard"

LOL! And to think we labeled him that only 4 short years ago.
FlyerNation

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:01 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:This idiot has the Blackhawks 11th. Enough said.

Plain and simple jealousy. That's it. Any fan, any team would love to have him.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:02 am

Pitts wrote:

Look at the rest of the site, these things are supposed to be funny.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:04 am

12. Carolina Hurricanes (40-14-4) – Is Eric Staal a rookie? Well, if he was, he’d be better than The Phenom.

That's too funny. Staal didn't amount to much of anything as a rookie! You can't compare this season.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:04 am

Pitts wrote:

No Ovechkin is the most coveted player in the league except to you Pens fans. I love how bent out of shape you guys get when anyone says anything wrong about Crosby even if it just joking. You guys hate the fact that Ovechkin is taking his luster away and Crosby already is a whipping boy by most fans.
FlyerNation

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:06 am

DelPen wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Look at the rest of the site, these things are supposed to be funny.

Well they certainly have nothing on this place and it's creative humor with such classics as "Hatcher is a drunk and Hitch is fat". Now that's funny! :roll:
FlyerNation

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:08 am

FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

No Ovechkin is the most coveted player in the league except to you Pens fans. I love how bent out of shape you guys get when anyone says anything wrong about Crosby even if it just joking. You guys hate the fact that Ovechkin is taking his luster away and Crosby already is a whipping boy by most fans.

FN, you love to make **** up don't you?

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 1434#11434

:roll: :roll:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:09 am

FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I can say Ovechkin is better right now. He will win the Calder because he would be the best wing on probably any team in the NHL right now. Crosby might be the best center in the NHL at age 20, we'll see. If there were a season last year Ovechkin also would have won the Calder then. Crosby is still a close #2 with the gap between him and guys like Phaneuf and Lundqvist being huge.

But do you want to retract anything you said about Carter and Richards being better than Crosby this year because they aren't even the best rookies on the Flyers, Umberger is.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:12 am

FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

FN, Really, I don't get bent out of shape. I really don't give a **** what envious fans of other teams feel. Admit it, if Crosby was Flyer's property, you'd love him. That's not me getting bent out of shape, that is a fact.

Also, I really do not care about the Calder race as some here do. I'm very impressed with Ovechkin and have said so numerous times in the past. Please do not lump me in with that crowd. I'm more concerned with who will bring their team the Cup first. My money is on Crosby.

I did get the "funny-ness" of the posting, but, it was rooted in jealousy.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:13 am

DelPen wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I can say Ovechkin is better right now. He will win the Calder because he would be the best wing on probably any team in the NHL right now. Crosby might be the best center in the NHL at age 20, we'll see. If there were a season last year Ovechkin also would have won the Calder then. Crosby is still a close #2 with the gap between him and guys like Phaneuf and Lundqvist being huge.

But do you want to retract anything you said about Carter and Richards being better than Crosby this year because they aren't even the best rookies on the Flyers, Umberger is.
Umberger isn't better than Richards. I was wrong about Carter. Flat out wrong. I still would take Carter + Richards though over Crosby at this point if not for anything else but depth and experience.
FlyerNation

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:14 am

FlyerNation wrote:I still would take Carter + Richards though over Crosby at this point if not for anything else but depth and experience.

And, you're a lying fool.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:19 am

Pitts wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:I still would take Carter + Richards though over Crosby at this point if not for anything else but depth and experience.

Am I? With all our injuries 450+ man games would I rather have two young players who have filled key roles or one that has to be the team?

Crosby

29 40 69 -8
Carter + Richards

24 + 34 60 +10

I think it fits both teams for their needs.
FlyerNation

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:22 am

FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Am I? With all our injuries 450+ man games would I rather have two young players who have filled key roles or one that has to be the team?

Crosby

29 40 69 -8
Carter + Richards

24 + 34 60 +10

So your saying it takes two Flyers to = one Sidney?

And even then the point is debatable.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:24 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Crosby

29 40 69 -8
Carter + Richards

24 + 34 60 +10

So your saying it takes two Flyers to = one Sidney?

And even then the point is debatable.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

lol! Yeah on the scoreboard but in the locker room and in leadership only one Mike Richards.

Nothing like a good "Cindy" thread to get the natives restless. :twisted: :D
Last edited by FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlyerNation

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:25 am

FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Crosby

29 40 69 -8
Carter + Richards

24 + 34 60 +10

If you are seriously considering that it takes 2 Flyers to equal 1 Pen...something is wrong. That means Crosby is miles above any 1 of them! What are you going to say next year when it's Crosby and Malkin vs...Carter, Richards and add Umberger then to even it up? :D

It's plain and simple...any team would take Crosby in a heartbeat.

Look, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Carter, Richards, Umberger, Phaneuf, Lundqvist...let's just say this is a great time to be a HOCKEY fan and enjoy all the great years we have coming to us!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:25 am

FlyerNation wrote:Well they certainly have nothing on this place and it's creative humor with such classics as "Hatcher is a drunk and Hitch is fat". Now that's funny! :roll:

No, Hather is a drunk that can't skate :lol: . Get your facts right.

Total diving penalties this year:

Flyers 4
Pens 2

Perhaps Hitch needs to pay more attention to the games against the woeful Pens not have his mind wandering to the post game buffet. You know, though, he would be a perfect fit for the Pens. He could be coach and mascot. Have you ever watched him waddle across the ice? He looks just like a penguin :lol: .

Now, that's some funny stuff :lol:
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:27 am

Anyone else think that in 10 years looking back the real rivalry to talk about will be Ovechkin vs Malkin?
FlyerNation

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:31 am

FlyerNation wrote:Anyone else think that in 10 years looking back the real rivalry to talk about will be Ovechkin vs Malkin?

Most certainly. They were drafted 1 and 2 and Ovechkin was "supposed" to be so much better then. Many hockey folk now think Malkin is superior. And, with it being Pittsburgh/Washington, that will make it all the more fun to watch. This may turn out to be the one year a team was glad it lost the draft lottery! :)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:36 am

Pitts wrote:And, with it being Pittsburgh/Washington, that will make it all the more fun to watch. This may turn out to be the one year a team was glad it lost the draft lottery! :)

Let's just hope it is Pittsburgh vs Washington.
Last edited by Mad City Mike on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:38 am

It will be Mike. I have no doubt.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:39 am

FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Eh, not really. See, we watch him every game. Other fans can say what they want. We've watched him all season long, we know what he's capable of now and what he may be capable of in the future.

You other fans in the league like to label us jealous or angry. When really, we win. Because we not only have Sid, we have Malkin on the way.

How can we lose? Hey, good for Washington and Colordado for having great young players. I'm more concerned with what my players are doing.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:51 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:FN, you love to make **** up don't you?

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 1434#11434

:roll: :roll:

This best point is FN never responded to the post above. A thread that was three days old where we clearly talked about the benefits and disadvantages of each player and most NOONE said there was a clear winner between them.

What other team's fans would critique their players so honestly? Certainly not on the 'Frontal Lobotomy' Flyers board.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins