Power Rankings Crosby friendly

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:53 am

Jesse wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:This idiot has the Blackhawks 11th. Enough said.

Anyone know the story behind his hatred of 87?

Plain and simple jealousy. That's it. Any fan, any team would love to have him.
No Ovechkin is the most coveted player in the league except to you Pens fans. I love how bent out of shape you guys get when anyone says anything wrong about Crosby even if it just joking. You guys hate the fact that Ovechkin is taking his luster away and Crosby already is a whipping boy by most fans.

Eh, not really. See, we watch him every game. Other fans can say what they want. We've watched him all season long, we know what he's capable of now and what he may be capable of in the future.

You other fans in the league like to label us jealous or angry. When really, we win. Because we not only have Sid, we have Malkin on the way.

How can we lose? Hey, good for Washington and Colordado for having great young players. I'm more concerned with what my players are doing.

You win? Bring Malkin and his bag of tricks play him with Crosby are you going to win in the next year? You keep believing that. Just like with Fleury, a new cba, drafting the most talented and hyped player, rule changes designed to open the league, a salary cap, signing superstars like Recchi, Gonchar, Pallfy....etc. Yeah Malkin will be the savior or will it be this years no 1 overall pick? It's got to be one of these..or does it?
FlyerNation

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:56 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:FN, you love to make **** up don't you?

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 1434#11434

:roll: :roll:

This best point is FN never responded to the post above. A thread that was three days old where we clearly talked about the benefits and disadvantages of each player and most NOONE said there was a clear winner between them.

What other team's fans would critique their players so honestly? Certainly not on the 'Frontal Lobotomy' Flyers board.
Only after the argument can't be fought anymore do you guys concede that Ovechkin is the better player.

Yeah our board sucks. Maybe we should take ourselves more seriously like this place? Entertainment is overrated anyways huh?
FlyerNation

Postby Jesse on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:03 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
Jesse wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

No Ovechkin is the most coveted player in the league except to you Pens fans. I love how bent out of shape you guys get when anyone says anything wrong about Crosby even if it just joking. You guys hate the fact that Ovechkin is taking his luster away and Crosby already is a whipping boy by most fans.

Eh, not really. See, we watch him every game. Other fans can say what they want. We've watched him all season long, we know what he's capable of now and what he may be capable of in the future.

You other fans in the league like to label us jealous or angry. When really, we win. Because we not only have Sid, we have Malkin on the way.

How can we lose? Hey, good for Washington and Colordado for having great young players. I'm more concerned with what my players are doing.

You win? Bring Malkin and his bag of tricks play him with Crosby are you going to win in the next year? You keep believing that. Just like with Fleury, a new cba, drafting the most talented and hyped player, rule changes designed to open the league, a salary cap, signing superstars like Recchi, Gonchar, Pallfy....etc. Yeah Malkin will be the savior or will it be this years no 1 overall pick? It's got to be one of these..or does it?

"We win" is more of a statement concerning our future of watching two great young players. I'm not dumb enough to proclaim a stanley cup simply because we're getting another forward.

"We win" is indicative of your attitude towards Crosby. Most of the criticism is sour grapes, and next year we'll have yet another player that Philly fans can gripe about. Possibly two if we get Kessel or Johnson.

Trust me, this team is a long way from the playoffs.

Fact is, Pittsburgh fans are still going to games because we love watching our young guys. Malkin adds to that, therefore Pittsburgh fans "win" because we'll have more youth and excitement next year.

You can talk all you want, fact is these kids are putting up points and we're enjoying the journey.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jerez on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:04 pm

FlyerNation wrote: Yeah our board sucks. Maybe we should take ourselves more seriously like this place? Entertainment is overrated anyways huh?

Well, since I have absolutely ZERO interest in reading, let alone posting, at "your" board, I couldn't care less. But since you like it so much, and so much better than this one, and the minions over there have so much more in common with you, and probably actually appreciate what you take for a sense of "humor," why don't you just stay over there where you are so much happier? It takes a very strange person to purposively seek out a forum in which his views are pointedly contrary, and continually try to "get the natives going" by just being what everyone expects him to be, an ***. I can't say I'd ever be proud of living up to that reputation.
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:06 pm

FlyerNation wrote:

Nice try FN, last time I heard, your guys hadn't won a cup since when?

I don't think either team has hosited the cup since, what '92? and that would have been on this side of the commonwealth.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:07 pm

Jesse wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Jesse wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Pitts wrote:

"We win" is more of a statement concerning our future of watching two great young players. I'm not dumb enough to proclaim a stanley cup simply because we're getting another forward.

"We win" is indicative of your attitude towards Crosby. Most of the criticism is sour grapes, and next year we'll have yet another player that Philly fans can gripe about. Possibly two if we get Kessel or Johnson.

Trust me, this team is a long way from the playoffs.

Fact is, Pittsburgh fans are still going to games because we love watching our young guys. Malkin adds to that, therefore Pittsburgh fans "win" because we'll have more youth and excitement next year.

Yeah the Flyers roster is loaded with washed up no talent over the hill vets. I swear Clarke needs to get some youth in there. We have none. :roll:
FlyerNation

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:10 pm

Jerez wrote:
FlyerNation wrote: Yeah our board sucks. Maybe we should take ourselves more seriously like this place? Entertainment is overrated anyways huh?

Well, since I have absolutely ZERO interest in reading, let alone posting, at "your" board, I couldn't care less. But since you like it so much, and so much better than this one, and the minions over there have so much more in common with you, and probably actually appreciate what you take for a sense of "humor," why don't you just stay over there where you are so much happier? It takes a very strange person to purposively seek out a forum in which his views are pointedly contrary, and continually try to "get the natives going" by just being what everyone expects him to be, an ***. I can't say I'd ever be proud of living up to that reputation.

"Clap...clap...clap....clap..clap.. clap clap clap clap clap"

That was just like one of those teen movies at the end when the nerd finally has enough and is going to tell the big bully where his place is. Good job man.
FlyerNation

Postby Jesse on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:17 pm

FlyerNation wrote:Yeah the Flyers roster is loaded with washed up no talent over the hill vets. I swear Clarke needs to get some youth in there. We have none. :roll:

My post must have really upset you considering the fact that you went ahead and disregarded it and put words into my mouth.

This is a Penguins board, I could give a crap less about what you do on the eastern end of this state.

Again, Pittsburgh fan's can't lose because we have and will have great talent to watch on this team for awhile. Regardless of what you Flyer fans have to say about it.

Carter and Richards < Malkin and Crosby. :lol:
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jerez on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:18 pm

FlyerNation wrote: That was just like one of those teen movies at the end when the nerd finally has enough and is going to tell the big bully where his place is. Good job man.

First off, I'm not a man. Just so you know.

Secondly, I'm certainly not a nerd. Far from it. I'm probably closer to the bully. (And I haven't been a teen in a long time.)

What I really am is someone who has no trouble calling it as I see it. And every once in a while, I'm thrilled to call you an ***. If this weren't a "family board," I'd use stronger language. (Such a potty mouth I have...)

So clap that, ***.
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:21 pm

FN sometimes you're nothing but a troll.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:24 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:FN sometimes you're nothing but a troll.

And sadly, we enjoy feeding him :x
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:29 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Look at the rest of the site, these things are supposed to be funny.

Well they certainly have nothing on this place and it's creative humor with such classics as "Hatcher is a drunk and Hitch is fat". Now that's funny! :roll:

Creative Humor? FN that's the truth.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:34 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:FN sometimes you're nothing but a troll.

And sadly, we enjoy feeding him :x

Lighten up guys. This is the first time since the move that I've been out of line.
FlyerNation

Postby Sleestak on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:56 pm

<PHILLY RANT>
Who cares what he says. In the end Philadelphia will ALWAYS be worse city than Pittsburgh with loud mouthed raspy voiced complainers. (yeah even worse than Pittsburgh complainers)

They come to Pittsburgh get their schooling and complain non-stop while reaping all the benefits of our city then just like that they return to their dump town and complain about our dump town.

Yeah we're white trash, our hockey team sucks. We hate you Philly people as much as we hate the Flyers. Now go away.

I can't wait until the Pens are good again and they can school the Flyers like they used to.

When the Pens beat the Flyers it makes my week. It's just a matter of time.
</PHILLY RANT>
Sleestak
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:04 pm

Sleestak wrote:<PHILLY RANT>
Who cares what he says. In the end Philadelphia will ALWAYS be worse city than Pittsburgh with loud mouthed raspy voiced complainers. (yeah even worse than Pittsburgh complainers)

They come to Pittsburgh get their schooling and complain non-stop while reaping all the benefits of our city then just like that they return to their dump town and complain about our dump town.

Yeah we're white trash, our hockey team sucks. We hate you Philly people as much as we hate the Flyers. Now go away.

I can't wait until the Pens are good again and they can school the Flyers like they used to.

</PHILLY RANT>

Who in the hell is this meatball?
FlyerNation

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:09 pm

FlyerNation wrote:

</PHILLY RANT>

He's from the Land of the Lost... West Virginia! :lol:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:18 pm

Pitts wrote:

He's dissapointed he didn't get to burn a couch last night. :lol:
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

easy Pitts

Postby rasbatch on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:18 pm

Pitts wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:

</PHILLY RANT>

I've seen all of PA, and WV is by far a much nicer place to be even if we do end up the butt of jokes.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:23 pm

C'mon rasbatch, all in good fun.

I'm just glad its you who are in WV, and not me!! :P
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Ok fun's fun

Postby rasbatch on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:25 pm

Pitts wrote:C'mon rasbatch, all in good fun.

I'm just glad its you who are in WV, and not me!! :P

and I am glad I'm in WV, it's still wild and wonderful to me.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:31 pm

Attention to whoever owns a green John Deere tractor. You left your lights on. :wink:
Last edited by Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: easy Pitts

Postby Fast B on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:35 pm

rasbatch wrote:I've seen all of PA, and WV is by far a much nicer place to be even if we do end up the butt of jokes.

I don't know, I lived in New Martinsville for six years. I'll take PA (or Pittsburgh at least), thank you very much.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

I have a blue ford tractor

Postby rasbatch on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:35 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Attention to who ever owns a Green John Deere tractor. You left your lights on. :wink:
[img]
so it's not mine, but I did hear about the disgruntled dyslexic farmers wife that sent him a john deere letter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: [/img]
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:51 pm

The more enlightened among us aren't to proud to have a little fun with the image of West Virginians... (Just don't let an outsider do it disparagingly).

BtW, what do a WV divorce and a Tornado have in common?

Someone always loses a trailer... :-)

Still, if you've ever stood on on the overlook at Coopers Rocks on a fall day, you'll understand why West Virginians love the state so much.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:53 pm

Jesse wrote:
Pitts wrote:

He's dissapointed he didn't get to burn a couch last night. :lol:

You mean like they did in Joakland after the Super Bowl? :-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins