Pens get the leadoff trifecta in latest Bucci mailbag

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens get the leadoff trifecta in latest Bucci mailbag

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:52 am

Latest Bucci Article

There's also a quote from Donald Brashear that really cements the notion that he is a first rate dunderhead:

Donald Brashear wrote:This game is gay now. You can't even do anything anymore. They changed the game to favor the superstars. They changed the game to favor the superstars. You can't do anything anymore to get some respect out there.

I know it's hard to believe Donnie, but the majority of fans don't plunk down money to see you.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:54 am

They do in Philly.
NIN

Postby Stevens25 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:56 am

While I am totally in favor of this "new" NHL,I must admit that some of these calls are getting out of hand. Sometimes all you have to do is make contact with another player without the puck and you'll get a penalty.
Stevens25

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:01 am

NIN wrote:They do in Philly.

I think some do, but not the majority. I remember our dear friend FlyerNation commented once about how he had soured on him a little.

Whatever the case, Brashear's a joke.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:02 am

I think they have eased up on the interference alot but everything else is pretty strict. I can see how a player like Brashear is getting frustrated but I think it's best for the league that they stay on this course. He should look at the big picture and how the increased revenue benifits his salary.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:11 am

NIN wrote:I think they have eased up on the interference alot but everything else is pretty strict. I can see how a player like Brashear is getting frustrated but I think it's best for the league that they stay on this course. He should look at the big picture and how the increased revenue benifits his salary.

He's probably worried that if the game continues to be played this way (I hope it does) that he may be out of a job.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:19 am

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:I think they have eased up on the interference alot but everything else is pretty strict. I can see how a player like Brashear is getting frustrated but I think it's best for the league that they stay on this course. He should look at the big picture and how the increased revenue benifits his salary.

He's probably worried that if the game continues to be played this way (I hope it does) that he may be out of a job.

I guess, but I think the league will always have a place for the goon. The salary demands might not be the same, I could do without Roy getting paid 1mil/year.
NIN

Postby DrBoni on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:13 am

Donald Brashear should shut his mouth about the league and thank the lord everyday that he still gets the chance to play hockey.
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jamie on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:52 am

If Donnie does not like his current job, then the world needs ditch diggers too...
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Scott on Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:08 am

That is just the thinhg, it doesnt benefit his salary.
He is becoming useless more and more every day.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:59 pm

Brashear is a waste of a uniform. He is garbage.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Scott wrote:

That is just the thinhg, it doesnt benefit his salary.
He is becoming useless more and more every day.

I think your right Scott but it's a catch 22 because increased offense=increased ticket sales=increased league revenue=increased player revenue under the new CBA.

In the end, whatever he gains in revenue will probably be undone by the lack of a need for a penalty minute machine.
NIN

Re: Pens get the leadoff trifecta in latest Bucci mailbag

Postby HomerPenguin on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:57 pm

netwolf wrote:Latest Bucci Article

There's also a quote from Donald Brashear that really cements the notion that he is a first rate dunderhead:

Donald Brashear wrote:This game is gay now. You can't even do anything anymore. They changed the game to favor the superstars. They changed the game to favor the superstars. You can't do anything anymore to get some respect out there.

I know it's hard to believe Donnie, but the majority of fans don't plunk down money to see you.

I think a piece of Marty McSorley's stick must still be lodged in that lunkhead's brain.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins