Nordgren will play with Crosby

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Nordgren will play with Crosby

Postby Henry Hank on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:17 am

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06070/668756.stm

Looks like Niklas will replace Recchi on the first line. I like this move; he's got the most potential of the guys the Pens got at the deadline. It will be interesting to see how he does with a highly skilled player.

Another article mentions the other line combos: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06070/668755.stm

Colby Armstrong-Sidney Crosby-Niklas Nordgren; Jani Rita-Ryan Malone-John LeClair; Konstantin Koltsov-Eric Boguniecki-Andre Roy; Michel Ouellet-Andy Hilbert-Tomas Surovy.

So now we have Boguniecki centering a line. I'm glad to see Rita moving up, as he's looked pretty impressive since the Olympic break.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Nordgren will play with Crosby

Postby Jesse on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:25 am

Henry Hank wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06070/668756.stm

Looks like Niklas will replace Recchi on the first line. I like this move; he's got the most potential of the guys the Pens got at the deadline. It will be interesting to see how he does with a highly skilled player.

Another article mentions the other line combos: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06070/668755.stm

Colby Armstrong-Sidney Crosby-Niklas Nordgren; Jani Rita-Ryan Malone-John LeClair; Konstantin Koltsov-Eric Boguniecki-Andre Roy; Michel Ouellet-Andy Hilbert-Tomas Surovy.

So now we have Boguniecki centering a line. I'm glad to see Rita moving up, as he's looked pretty impressive since the Olympic break.

Whitney will be seeing first line PP time tomorrow with Sarge. Good for Whitney.

Which reminds me. I saw Sarge at RMU the morning after the Washington game. He was with his daughter who was ice skating.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:27 am

Jesse wrote:

Whitney will be seeing first line PP time tomorrow with Sarge. Good for Whitney.

Which reminds me. I saw Sarge at RMU the morning after the Washington game. He was with his daughter who was ice skating.

I hope he understands fatherhood better than he does the NHL rules.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:44 am

Henry Hank wrote:Colby Armstrong-Sidney Crosby-Niklas Nordgren; Jani Rita-Ryan Malone-John LeClair; Konstantin Koltsov-Eric Boguniecki-Andre Roy; Michel Ouellet-Andy Hilbert-Tomas Surovy.

Boguniecki is a center now? Rita is back to wing? How long before Koltsov and Roy get a shot at centering a line? How about Scuderi? Not that anything matters much for the rest of the reason, but is Therien using Lloyd McClendon's computer to generate his lines? Then again, it's not Therien's fault he only has one natural centerman on his entire freaking roster. Image
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Stevens25 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:42 am

I can't remember.Has Malone played with Crosby? How did he do?(if he did spent some time on the first line)
Stevens25

Postby Scott on Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:13 am

Koltsov should replace LeClair on the 2nd line.
He not Rita has been the most improved as of late.

LeClair also plays well with Bogo.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:04 pm

Koltsov's had his chances on the top lines and did nothing. I still think he's been dreadful recently. He carried the puck up on two two-on-ones during the game against Tampa Bay on Tuesday. On the first one, he fell down. The second one, he made a terrible pass to Recchi. It's beyond me how anyone can think he should be on a topline. He's playing right now where he should be, on a fourth line. Rita got one chance on the top line this season, a game in which nobody on the team showed up to play. I want to see what he can do with more playing time over a significant stretch of time. This is a good chance for him.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:18 pm

I hope Nordgren scores a hattrick. And then we could collect those hats, and serve them to Patrick bashers with a nice keyante. :o
NIN

Postby Pitts on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:25 pm

NIN wrote:I hope Nordgren scores a hattrick. And then we could collect those hats, and serve them to Patrick bashers with a nice keyante. :o

I hope he does, and continues to so that one of these "prospects" somewhere along the line turns out to be something of value. It'd be nice to find a goal scorer somewhere.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Scott on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:14 pm

Henry Hank wrote:Koltsov's had his chances on the top lines and did nothing. I still think he's been dreadful recently. He carried the puck up on two two-on-ones during the game against Tampa Bay on Tuesday. On the first one, he fell down. The second one, he made a terrible pass to Recchi. It's beyond me how anyone can think he should be on a topline. He's playing right now where he should be, on a fourth line. Rita got one chance on the top line this season, a game in which nobody on the team showed up to play. I want to see what he can do with more playing time over a significant stretch of time. This is a good chance for him.

If you would read..
I didnt suggest he be top line..I suggest he should be the 2nd line with rita. That line has had some good chances since the break.

He still has his moments when he goofs a play, but his 2 way play RIGHT NOW is of a top six forward ON THIS TEAM.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:21 pm

What is it with this place and nitpicking? I said top lines, plural, as in the top two lines. I could be a jerk and tell you to read, but I won't do that.

I simply disagree. Koltsov, in my opinion, isn't even a top twelve forward on any team. He can't handle the puck, he can't stay on his skates. He's fast and occasionally draws a penalty, but that's it. For that, he's better than Endicott. That's about it. Even a team this bad should not have him on one of the top two lines.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:03 pm

The Surovy-Rita-Koltsov line had done a good job of creating pressure if nothing else. LeClair-Malone-Boguniecki had done a decent job of cycling. The big thing missing from either is finishing ability. Juggling the lines isn't going to fix that.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins