Trade that would brought us Oveckhin!?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Trade that would brought us Oveckhin!?

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:27 pm

Is there any chance,not a reality probably? Because of a salary cup in one-two years that we would have and Caps probably arent that stupid either...
But if possible I WOULD TRADE Gonchar and 1draft pick 2006 imediatly for him... Unless if we pick Erik Johnson! I was sayin.. We need sniper on Malkin line next year!
AND COULD BE JOHNSON READY FOR NHL NEXT YEAR AS WAS CROSBY AT AGE 18?????????????????????
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Trade that would brought us Oveckhin!?

Postby skullman80 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:29 pm

Pens4Life wrote:Is there any chance,not a reality probably? Because of a salary cup in one-two years that we would have and Caps probably arent that stupid either...
But if possible I WOULD TRADE Gonchar and 1draft pick 2006 imediatly for him... Unless if we pick Erik Johnson! I was sayin.. We need sniper on Malkin line next year!
AND COULD BE JOHNSON READY FOR NHL NEXT YEAR AS WAS CROSBY AT AGE 18?????????????????????

Say what?

English? Do you speak it?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby topshelf on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:42 pm

that post gave me a seizure
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:44 pm

NO WAY IN HELL would the Caps trade Ovechkin for Gonchar and our #1. Alexander Ovechkin is one of the most threatening forwards in the game right now. He is a player you build your franchise around, which is exactly what the Caps are going to do.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:57 pm

Pens4Life wrote:Is there any chance,not a reality probably?

You're right, there's really not a chance at all.

Pens4Life wrote: Because of a salary cup in one-two years that we would have and Caps probably arent that stupid either...

We have more first/second overall picks in the NHL than anyone else, if those picks get even close to achieving their fll potential... we're going top have HUGE cap problems.

Pens4Life wrote:But if possible I WOULD TRADE Gonchar and 1draft pick 2006 imediatly for him... Unless if we pick Erik Johnson! I was sayin.. We need sniper on Malkin line next year!

Caps wouldn't take Gonchar back even for a 2-3 round pick.

Pens4Life wrote:AND COULD BE JOHNSON READY FOR NHL NEXT YEAR AS WAS CROSBY AT AGE 18?????????????????????

Defenseman rarley, if ever, jump straight into the NHL.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Draftnik on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:25 pm

Jamie wrote:NO WAY IN HELL would the Caps trade Ovechkin for Gonchar and our #1. Alexander Ovechkin is one of the most threatening forwards in the game right now. He is a player you build your franchise around, which is exactly what the Caps are going to do.

You are right, they would probably demand Malone as well as the new Swedish scoring ace the Pens acquired in the Recchi deal.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fast B on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:51 pm

Pens4Life wrote:Is there any chance,not a reality probably? Because of a salary cup in one-two years that we would have and Caps probably arent that stupid either...

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:28 pm

HAHAHAHA...

Put the Playstation 2 away please.

I missed your ridiculous trade offers...where have u been? :roll:
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:38 pm

Do we really need the sarcasim and putdowns for someone who states up front that what he/she's proposing is rather far-fetched?

Sometimes the most outrageous ideas are the ones that take root.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Fast B on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:49 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Do we really need the sarcasim and putdowns for someone who states up front that what he/she's proposing is rather far-fetched?

Sometimes the most outrageous ideas are the ones that take root.

"Rather far-fetched" is not an adequate descriptor for the idea of trading Sergei Gonchar and a #1 pick for Alexander Ovechkin. That is completely ludicrous, plain and simple.

Besides, I seem to recall this guy posting endless "far-fetched" trade proposals on the old board, most of them of equal value.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:58 pm

I think the original post that started this thread is a perfect example of why people shouldn't drink and surf the web at the same time.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:36 pm

In defense of the poster, he/she is from Slovenia. So English probably is not his/her first language.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:43 pm

Not making sense because of context is one thing... not making sense because of the content is another.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:23 am

Kovy27 wrote:
But if possible I WOULD TRADE Gonchar and 1draft pick 2006 imediatly for him...

HAHAHAHA...

I don't know about PS2, but in Xbox you don't even need to include the #1 pick. In NHL2K6 I shipped Gonchar back to Washington a few months ago with someone else and got Ovechkin and another player in return. :D
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:21 am

Hey, I drink & surf all the time. It's fabulous. And Slovenia is indeed a very nice country.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:28 am

netwolf wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
But if possible I WOULD TRADE Gonchar and 1draft pick 2006 imediatly for him...

HAHAHAHA...

I don't know about PS2, but in Xbox you don't even need to include the #1 pick. In NHL2K6 I shipped Gonchar back to Washington a few months ago with someone else and got Ovechkin and another player in return. :D

I think I sent Rico Fata to Columbus for Rick Nash on my Xbox. :lol:

See, I knew CP was sleeping. We could have Rick Nash! :roll:
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

For some of you

Postby Pens4Life on Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:32 pm

READ MY POST AGAIN SOME OF YOU.... I said that Caps probably aint that stupid....
ANd yes im a HE.... AND THANKS FOR COMMENTS ex-patriote pen,sam drunk dog and gaucho!
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Shinoix on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:11 pm

why would you even post such an assinine post?

it's ridiculous to even think that? You're constantly dreaming up these stupid trades, and transactions, and lines, yet you've claimed yourself that you've never even seen a game.

Why would you even post this dreams if you haven't seen them play?

The Caps would trade Ovechkin about as fast as we'd trade Crosby.

Give your damn head a shake before you start posting anymore stupid trades and lines.
Shinoix

Postby tluke53 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:58 pm

The only way to get Ovechkin is in a trade for Crosby. Not happening in a million years.

However, if we could get him for Malkin and a 1st round pick.... that would be interesting.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Maybe if we traded names... Since the Caps want to be the Penguins... we could trade them the NHL rights to the name "Penguins" for AO... HA!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:10 pm

tluke53 wrote:The only way to get Ovechkin is in a trade for Crosby. Not happening in a million years.

However, if we could get him for Malkin and a 1st round pick.... that would be interesting.

Actually CP would trade Crosby to the Caps for Beech, Fata, and a bottle of Johnny Walker Black. :lol:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:13 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:CP would trade Crosby to the Caps for Beech, Fata, and a bottle of Johnny Walker Black. :lol:

Beech, Fata and Bradley.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tluke53 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:19 pm

You guy's suck. I tried so hard not to throw in a CP joke but you did it anyway.

We alway's joke about CP. It could always be worse. Imagine if it were Cam Bonifay.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:31 pm

I could see CP doing something real stupid like trading Malone, Armstrong and someone like Ouelett for another Beech and.. oh no.. Kelly Buchberger!

never know what CP is thinking anymore.

at times during last summer, i thought it was pure brilliance w/ some of his acquisitions....

then... he decided to pull out Jocelyn Thibault....

---------

by the way... will Thibault be on the Pens roster next season after he recovers from his injuries? or is he long gone?
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tluke53 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:34 pm

I think we have one-to-many goalies under contract. It's gonna be hard to move them though, because they are not very good. I think there is a real good chance that he will be back. I would say 85%.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins