Flyers at Penguins 3/12/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Flyers at Penguins 3/12/06

Postby Goalie on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:53 pm

Colby with a PP goal to make it 1-0.

Errey is sitting between the benches for this one no word on whether or not Fluery has paid anyone to shoot a puck into his area.
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fast B on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:54 pm

Esche sucks. I hope we torch him.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:56 pm

I think Erry and Lange are perhaps the 2 dummest people on the face of the earth. At no point in time during their insane idiotic ramblings have either of the two come close to anything that could be mistaken for a rational thought.

I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls.

I think Lange actually ejactulated while praising Forsberg for keeping the puck in the zone on a routine play.
NIN

Postby Jesse on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:57 pm

This is actually really fun to watch.

A lot of these guys have been fighting the last few years to prove they deserve a shot... Hilbert.. Nordgren... Armstrong... ect..

now they're all assembled here and they are really exciting to watch.

Kinda like the X-gen team... only with skill.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fast B on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:58 pm

NIN wrote:I think Erry and Lange are perhaps the 2 dummest people on the face of the earth. At no point in time during their insane idiotic ramblings have either of the two come close to anything that could be mistaken for a rational thought.

I award them no points, and may God have mercy on their souls.

I think Lange actually ejactulated while praising Forsberg for keeping the puck in the zone on a routine play.

I don't entirely agree with you about Lange, but the Forsberg-love was a bit over the top.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:59 pm

Jesse wrote:Kinda like the X-gen team... only with skill.

Or as Big Daddy Patrick likes to call the them: X-tra Gin.
NIN

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Listen to some of the things they say. The sentences they form when just saying something that is easy to say.

Stuff like: "They are almost comparable." No Errey, they ARE comparable is how it works here in the USA with the English language and all.

Of course learning from Lange explains alot.
NIN

Postby Fast B on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:05 pm

NIN wrote:Of course learning from Lange explains alot.

"A lot" is two words, Mr. Grammarian. ;)
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:07 pm

Brilliant play with the skates by Crosby to create that point blank shot. Just incredible.
NIN

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:08 pm

Fast B wrote:

Touche Fast B........or is it 2-sahy??? :?
NIN

Postby Jesse on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:09 pm

Flashback: I remember watching one of the internet vcasts of WB/S before Therrien was recalled.

When his team plays the way he wants them to, he starts nitpicking.

Accoring to what Errey said about Yeo and Therrien flipping out about that turnover, the Penguins must be doing something right.

Again, this is actually fun to watch.

Gonchar has finally decided to show up and play.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fast B on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:10 pm

NIN wrote:
Fast B wrote:

Touche Fast B........or is it 2-sahy??? :?

Sorry man. I usually don't care about grammar and spelling too much, but that was too easy. :)
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Man, how fun is it to watch solid, competitive, team two-way hockey. I am giddy. Back-checking, puck support,,,brilliant!
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:14 pm

Wow Errey is really into those sweaty refs. I can;t imagine what goes through a new hockey fans mind when they listen to these two clowns while trying to understand the game for the first time. :lol: LMAO

I mean it is a hard enough game to fully understand but these guys are like flamming hoops of ignorance!

Nevermind Orpik boxing out Richards or Fleury's 10 year veteran composure in the face of chaos. Amazing how lmuch enjoyment from a game is missed everytime they speak.
NIN

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:17 pm

KG wrote:Man, how fun is it to watch solid, competitive, team two-way hockey. I am giddy. Back-checking, puck support,,,brilliant!

This is a great game. I am very impressed with Rita's game without the puck but he is nothing compared to Whitney. WOW. When that kid wants to play he can dominate. Macinns-esque fire power with precision passing and smarts to boot.
NIN

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:19 pm

Malone is having a tough go of it so far. I saw him make at least three bad give aways.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:19 pm

NIN wrote:This is a great game. I am very impressed with Rita's game without the puck but he is nothing compared to Whitney. WOW. When that kid wants to play he can dominate. Macinns-esque fire power with precision passing and smarts to boot.

Hilbert spends a lot of time in the defensive zone.

It's seriously almost like having a 3rd dman out there.

I'm likin it.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:32 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
NIN wrote:
KG wrote:Man, how fun is it to watch solid, competitive, team two-way hockey. I am giddy. Back-checking, puck support,,,brilliant!

This is a great game. I am very impressed with Rita's game without the puck but he is nothing compared to Whitney. WOW. When that kid wants to play he can dominate. Macinns-esque fire power with precision passing and smarts to boot.

Whitney still can't poke check. He still isn't good defensively.

Whitney has been better, much better in the past few weeks.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:36 pm

We are totally getting jobbed by the ref's. Richards just mugged Colby. Typical Flyer hockey.

But this team has really gathered a group of players that listen. This is a total-Therrien team.

I'm loving the dismay on the Flyers faces.

Fleury has been outstanding. Gonchar is making some fantastic plays.
Last edited by Jesse on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:36 pm

That second save in front was real nice.
NIN

Postby skullman80 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:37 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:
NIN wrote:

The devils scored last night because he went for a hit at center ice. He connected, but it resulted in an odd man rush and the devils converted.
He makes a couple mistakes a game, and he hurts the team

I never said he was Norris candidate. I'm saying his play over the past few weeks has gotten much better both offesively and on defense as well.

He has a way to go, but he is slowly getting there.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:42 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:
NIN wrote:

The devils scored last night because he went for a hit at center ice. He connected, but it resulted in an odd man rush and the devils converted.
He makes a couple mistakes a game, and he hurts the team

I never said he was Norris candidate. I'm saying his play over the past few weeks has gotten much better both offesively and on defense as well.

I'll agree with that. Where he use to be one of the worst defenseman in the league, Whitney is now just really really bad.

I won't even say bad, I will say average. He needs more seasoning, he was thrown into the fire much too soon.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:42 pm

skullman80 wrote:

If he even becomes average defensively he will be a candidate someday. He has all the tools.
NIN

Postby skullman80 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:45 pm

NIN wrote:
skullman80 wrote:

If he even becomes average defensively he will be a candidate someday. He has all the tools.

Yeah my, "not a Norris candidate" wasn't saying he would never be one, it was just a reply to ziggy that I wasn't saying this year he was playing out of his mind, just playing better in recent weeks.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:50 pm

Gettin chippy out there. :o
NIN

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins