What was Andre Roy thinking?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby socket on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:12 am

As stupid as Roy was, I believe that the refs were moreso. He got nothing? Total BS. should have been at least 2. Roy expected him to fight back, and if he would have and if the refs would just call the games consistantly it would have been a 2 minute Pens PP. too bad the Pens were ahead and the refs attempt to fix the games. instigating and fighting :roll:
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:22 am

socket wrote:As stupid as Roy was, I believe that the refs were moreso. He got nothing? Total BS. should have been at least 2. Roy expected him to fight back, and if he would have and if the refs would just call the games consistantly it would have been a 2 minute Pens PP. too bad the Pens were ahead and the refs attempt to fix the games. instigating and fighting :roll:

Well id rather not try and blame it off on the refs because it almost takes away from the retardedness of Roy in that situation. The whole reason why you dont fight late in the 3rd with a lead when nobody is running your stars is because the refs could possibly screw you big time! You dont see it all the time but that is exactly how players get goated in and Roy bought it hook line and sinker.

I love the guys passion for the game and im glad he is on the team but dued.....3rd period....3rd period man! Of course the guy isnt going to fight back! Roy almost made Gauthier the #1 star for crying out loud! :evil:
NIN

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:26 am

Having said that Roy did beat him like a *****. Typical soft Flyer punk.
NIN

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:25 am

It's funny that other players are willing to fight Colby ot Koltzov or the like... but don't go with Roy or Carins... Odd...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

the bigger thing

Postby relantel on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:54 pm

Aside from Roy not at least getting some offset for his antics, the real key there was the Pens kill of that 7 minutes. The arena was electric -- it was a great game to have been able to attend, worked out much better than the game against the Caps last week. The ovation the fans gave after that penalty time was killed, you would have thought the place was on fire. It did show that the fans still appreciate hard work, even on a team that has not lived up to expectations. Call this the Steeler phenomenon. They didn't win in the playoffs until 1972, but the 25 years leading up to that established the blue collar ethic that still lives on.

They also killed all the PPs NJ had the night before. They have begun using Crosby on the PK more and more, and Hilbert seems to have made a difference as well. (Seeing the 9 skate around again reminds me of German Titov of the late 90s). Two games does not a turnaround make, but beating the Devils and the Flyers, and now playing the Devils again, with a chance for a fourth win against the Devils. It does seem that SC has gotten better defensively as the season has worn on, to the point where he has been inching closer and closer to even on the season.

If only they could have had the trade deadline back in January when they were 10-12-14 games under... They aren't quite formally eliminated, but with the 8 spot currently at 71 points, and the Pens max if they would win out would be 78, and have to pass over several other teams that are within 5 points of #8, In all practical sense, it's for draft position now.

The Pens are 7 points back of St Louis, Chicago and Washington for 27th place. We trail in wins by 4, 5, and 6, respectively. In theory, it would take 27 points (either them gaining or the Pens failing to gain) for any of the three to lock themselves ahead of the Pens. Columbus would need 23, while Florida and Boston only 17. The Pens have to date 0.676 points per game. Multply that by the 17 games remaining, and one could expect the Pens to only gain 11-12 points, thus failing to gain 22-23 possible points, all but clinching the last spot. No need to tank their way to the end, simply playing the way they have been will all but accomplish that goal. Even playing .500, getting 17 points in 17 games, combined with the other teams earning their team points per game for the rest of the way would leave them alone in last.

03-04 got pretty close, to where if they had beaten the Caps the late game in DC, they could have fininshed 29th. But they would have then lost 1 of their 3 balls in the Sydney Crosby lottery. As they say, you can never go back.

Is it just me, was I the only one surprised at Melichar getting the "A", and why does it seem like the fan jumble is always Melichar? (It was Sunday, as it was on New Years Eve, the last game we were at... for being a B plan holder, we only made it to 4 games ourselves... and I thank the Pens for honoring my yearbook request even though I couldnt find the darn certificate)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins