about the Pens' past 2 games...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

about the Pens' past 2 games...

Postby conforto45 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:52 am

i know the season is completely lost..

but with the play over the past 2 games, and the great penalty kill they showed last nite. do you think that kind of play might send a little bit of a message as to saying "hey, we're not going to take it anymore. enough is enough" kind of thing? or did they just catch 2 of the best teams in the Atlantic Division on a night off?

im putting my money on the 1st of the 2
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:58 am

I thought last night was the best game they played all season. The line changes were nice. They were not taking stupid hooking calls...Everything seemed to be in perfect harmony. Lets see what they can do the next couple...might as well play the role of spoiler with these teams.

Its also nice to see Philly in a complete free fall...of course, the Rangers are not doing much better.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hawkeynut on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:31 pm

I noticed a team on the ice... not a bunch of hockey players playing pond hockey.

Last night I noticed the Pens used alot of stick work but in a good way. I notice that their sticks are always on the move to strip the puck away from an opposing player. They are becoming a good poke checking team and I love it. Both Rita and Gonchar did a few times last night and the Pens got the puck back.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rohit on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:35 pm

i think its a little of both. the pens have played some good hockey, but the other 2 teams were definetely having off nights. could the pens have won the jersey game if brodeur had been sharp? could the pens have won the flyers game if the flyers actually hit the net? who knows

i think the next game in jersey is going to be a real test because they are going to want revenge for a humiliating loss, and the pens are going to be coming down from their winning high after a few days off.
Rohit
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BCHill on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:19 pm

They did the same thing last year. As soon as they are "officially" out of the playoffs they start playing well.

It's fear of success syndrome.
BCHill

Postby FlyerNation on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:21 pm

Kovy27 wrote:I thought last night was the best game they played all season. The line changes were nice. They were not taking stupid hooking calls...Everything seemed to be in perfect harmony. Lets see what they can do the next couple...might as well play the role of spoiler with these teams.

Its also nice to see Philly in a complete free fall...of course, the Rangers are not doing much better.
The Flyers are hopeless. You guys called it in August. Another one and done.
FlyerNation

Postby conforto45 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:50 pm

FlyerNation wrote:.
The Flyers are hopeless. You guys called it in August. Another one and done.[/quote]

whoa.. FN saying something AGAINST his team? never thought we would see that day :P

good luck to yinz guys... hopefully we will have a few more good battles this season
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:22 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:I thought last night was the best game they played all season. The line changes were nice. They were not taking stupid hooking calls...Everything seemed to be in perfect harmony. Lets see what they can do the next couple...might as well play the role of spoiler with these teams.

The Flyers are hopeless. You guys called it in August. Another one and done.

The Flyers ALWAYS play great hockey in the fall and crash and burn through February and March. Some things never change. Looks like another round and out spring for them.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins