Grading Playoff Game 2

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Grading Playoff Game 2

Postby Mad City Mike on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:50 am

That’s more like it.

OFFENSE: B. A much, MUCH better effort than in Game 1. In the first and third periods, they got the job done. In the second, not so much. There was forecheck pressure that led to the third goal. That was just a beautiful play by Ouellet and Roberts. That might be the hardest check Ouellet has ever thrown. Then Roberts follows up with one of his own, and voila, there is Staal all alone in front. Yes, Ottawa, the Pens can hit every bit as hard as you can. I’m sure you’re happy that you got Oleg Saprykin instead of Gary Roberts at the deadline, eh? How’s that working out for you? Then, on the winning goal, that was just a beautiful transition rush. Tic-tac-toe, in the net. I must say, it’s one of those plays, that when it works, it’s great. Had Crosby not scored, I would have been yelling at Recchi for not shooting. But this time it worked to perfection. The third period in general was just great hockey by the Pens. The offense finally came alive after Therrien switched up the lines.

DEFENSE: D. Probably could have been an F, but they did play a little better than the last game. The second period was a total disaster, and only Fleury’s stellar goaltending kept the Pens in the game at that point. I lost count of how many odd-man breaks the Senators had. In the second period, it seemed like just one after another. They got their first goal on just such a play. They outmanned the Pens down low, and that left Spezza with a wide open shot in front. On the final Ottawa goal, Orpik went for a hit along the boards, and for some reason Malkin decided to go at that guy rather than covering the middle, and Kelly walks in and uses Whitney as a screen to beat Fleury. They did tighten up the defense down the stretch after they got the lead. But unless they stop giving the puck away and allowing easy odd-man breaks for the Senators, they are going to be in big trouble.

POWER PLAY: A. Once again, they light up the Sens for two power play goals, and this time it meant something. They had good movement most of the game, as evidenced by the first goal where Whitney and Gonchar had essentially swapped spots. Just a bomb by Whitney from the center point area. The second goal was more of a dirty goal, a typical Roberts goal, if you will. Gonchar fires from the right point, Emery gives up the big rebound, and there is Roberts to spin and put it in. That is just great hockey instinct by him, but we’ve come to expect no less. Considering they were only granted three power plays all game, to pot two goals is just tremendous.

PENALTY KILL: A. What a job by the penalty killers. The striped buffoons had it in for them today, yet they managed to kill all but one of the nine penalties the clowns called. Some of the good work on the PK was Fleury, but most of it was just a dogged effort. They exerted a lot of pressure up the ice, frustrating Ottawa on numerous occasions. They were much more aggressive in this one, and it caught Ottawa off guard. Great job on the PK by Scuderi and Melichar. This is the one thing those two guys do pretty well. Those two and Eaton combined to block a total of nine shots. The one goal they allowed was just a great passing play by Ottawa that they really couldn’t do much about. But I think it can safely be said that the PK won them this game.

GOALTENDING: A. Okay, if the PK didn’t win them this game, then Fleury’s goaltending certainly did. He was just tremendous. He faced one odd-man break after another and never wilted. This has to be a great confidence-builder for him, after he got shelled despite playing reasonably well in Game 1. What might be especially big for his confidence was that incredible save he made in the waning seconds when Spezza thought they had scored. But he was brilliant all game long. He did a good job of controlling rebounds, and that made it easier on the defensemen.

OVERALL: B. Still not their best effort, but a heckuva lot better than Game 1. The turnovers must stop and the defense must get better. But the offense finally came around in the third period and produced two goals. The special teams were tremendous and were the difference. They got stellar goaltending. It was just, top-to-bottom, like night and day from Game 1. They hit, hit, then hit some more, led by an incredible seven by Roberts. They certainly discovered what it takes to play playoff hockey. So they have evened the series and still haven’t played their best game. That is unlike Ottawa, which simply cannot play any better than it did in Game 1.

Others…

DISCIPLINE: F. Terrible job by the Pens in this department. They took way too many penalties, and are playing with fire here. Chances are not good that you can give up nine power plays and continue to win. Most of the calls were legit (more on that in a second), and many of them were just stupid, lazy penalties, typified by Staal’s right off the opening draw. This simply must stop.

STRIPED BUFFOON HUH? CALL OF THE GAME: We have a tie here, so we’ll go in chronological order. First is the non-call when Phillips cross-checked Sid in the throat, right in front of Action Jackson. The clown is 10 feet away, and he can’t see that? Or is he in the employ of the Senators? Boy, that sends a great message to the national TV audience, doesn’t it? Here they are marketing Sid to death, and some high school dropout hockey player wannabe decides he will show Sid who’s boss in right front of the camera. And they wonder where “garage leagueâ€￾ comes from? Then, we have the Malkin call at the end. Diving Whining Choking Dog Alfredsson blatantly hooks Malkin, again in full view of the striped buffoon. Yet somehow, Malkin is called for holding the stick. At the very least, it should have been coincidentals. But they even commented on this very type of play in another game, noting that players are now being taught to clamp down on the stick when they feel it in them. Yet Malkin does this and draws the penalty. It just tells you how pathetic this league is when guys like Jackson and Mr. Magoo are among your 16 best referees. Scary, isn’t it? The standard has been set here—you basically can’t touch the God-like Sens without risking a penalty. But they can basically do whatever they want all game long and not have to worry.

MICHEL THERRIEN: A. I give him lots of grief from time to time, but not in this one. He switched the lines in the third period, and it worked to perfection. It gave the offense a jump start. Now we’ll see what he does about the matchups on home ice, and whether he’ll stick with the new lines.

KARMA: A. Dame Karma, meet Christoph Schubert. Christoph Schubert, meet Dame Karma. What a lovely couple they make.

MICHEL OUELLET: A. He is playing better than I have ever seen him. He is doing all the right things. Did you realize he was on the ice for the final defensive shift? He gets much criticism from all quarters, but maybe Therrien saw something in him after all. He is a responsible two-way player right now, and the Pens need more of those.

JORDAN STAAL: A. One word, monster.

GARY ROBERTS: A. And this surprises you why? This guy is the epitome of a “hockey player.â€￾ Plus he gets away with numerous penalties because of his veteran status.

OTTAWA FANS: F. Front-running morons. They grew deathly silent after the Pens scored first, as they went into “here-we-go-againâ€￾ mode. The booing of Crosby is just plain stupid, and likely inspires him to play even better. Good job, Ottawa.

EVGENI MALKIN: C. Would have been much lower except for the beautiful play he made on the winning goal. But until then, he was basically invisible.

SERGEI GONCHAR: G, for gutless. On at least two occasions, I saw him have an opportunity to get a loose puck along the boards, but then stop and back off because an Ottawa guy would have hit him. If nothing else, this series is showing who wants it and who doesn’t.

NBC: F. So I tune into my local affiliate to watch the game in HD. What do I see? The New York/Atlanta game, which I had no interest whatsoever in. So, no HD hockey for the moment. I switch over to the analog local broadcast, and at least the correct game is on. After awhile, I check the HD again. Now, there's a picture (in HD) but no sound. Then, I try for a third time between periods and now the sound is back, but the picture is not in HD. Finally, in time for the third period, we get HD picture and sound. Major accomplishment! Can someone explain exactly why the NHL contracts with a network of such gross incompetence? It just baffles me that we, as fans, are forced to put up with the type of lazy indifference to the game that NBC network demonstrates. NBC Sports is an out-and-out embarrassment to both the NHL and sports in general.

TEAM 1200 RADIO: F. Can someone explain to me why Marc-Andre Fleury was NOT one of the three stars? Good luck on that one.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Grading Playoff Game 2

Postby the wicked child on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:00 am

Mad City Mike wrote:STRIPED BUFFOON HUH? CALL OF THE GAME:

I would also add the blatant high stick to Talbot's mouth by Heatley that was not called.

Can someone explain exactly why the NHL contracts with a network of such gross incompetence?

Desperation.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bh on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:11 am

DISCIPLINE: F. Terrible job by the Pens in this department. They took way too many penalties, and are playing with fire here. Chances are not good that you can give up nine power plays and continue to win. Most of the calls were legit (more on that in a second), and many of them were just stupid, lazy penalties, typified by Staal’s right off the opening draw. This simply must stop.

I'm pretty upset with Christensen. I think he's the new captain hook. i know you want to backcheck guys and get the puck but do not pull them with your stick. He got called for what, 2 hooks? I saw about 3 others that could have been called.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:16 am

bh wrote:

I'm pretty upset with Christensen. I think he's the new captain hook. i know you want to backcheck guys and get the puck but do not pull them with your stick. He got called for what, 2 hooks? I saw about 3 others that could have been called.

And for this he was summarily glued to the bench for the third period, as well he should have been. He gets an F for this one too.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tluke53 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:19 am

MCM,

Sorry you didn't get to see the game in HD. I posted this in another thread, but the picture was excellent/border line amazing last night. The camera work was certainly sub par though. I hated that stupid "fast motion" thing they did. I don't get that.

MAF
I have read several articles from the papers in Pittsburgh and Ottawa. The perception of MAF's performance is amazing to me. One of the Ottawa articles said "he was solid." Do people in Canada have something against MAF? They don't seem to give him the credit he deserves. It is certainly apparent in the national broadcasts. I would love to hear what others think.

Gary Roberts
8-) Nothing more needs said about him.

Melichar and Scuds
They excel in situations were they do not have to handle the puck. Like when they just have to clear the zone during a penalty kill. I think this is painfully obvious. Not to criticize, but MT needs to keep them away from the top lines during 5 on 5 play. This could be part of the reason they don't excel during 5 on 5 situations.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BCHill on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:24 am

Mad City Mike wrote:That’s more like it.

OFFENSE: B. A much, MUCH better effort than in Game 1. In the first and third periods, they got the job done. In the second, not so much. There was forecheck pressure that led to the third goal. That was just a beautiful play by Ouellet and Roberts. That might be the hardest check Ouellet has ever thrown. Then Roberts follows up with one of his own, and voila, there is Staal all alone in front. Yes, Ottawa, the Pens can hit every bit as hard as you can. I’m sure you’re happy that you got Oleg Saprykin instead of Gary Roberts at the deadline, eh? How’s that working out for you? Then, on the winning goal, that was just a beautiful transition rush. Tic-tac-toe, in the net. I must say, it’s one of those plays, that when it works, it’s great. Had Crosby not scored, I would have been yelling at Recchi for not shooting. But this time it worked to perfection. The third period in general was just great hockey by the Pens. The offense finally came alive after Therrien switched up the lines..

Just curious, were you yelling at Crosby for not shooting when he was on a breakaway and passed the puck about a foot behind Recchi instead of shooting?
BCHill

Postby Draftnik on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:32 am

Mad City Mike wrote:SERGEI GONCHAR: G, for gutless. On at least two occasions, I saw him have an opportunity to get a loose puck along the boards, but then stop and back off because an Ottawa guy would have hit him. If nothing else, this series is showing who wants it and who doesn’t.

I'm glad somebody else sees this. My Gonchar bashing is gratuitous, no doubt, but he provides the fodder for the bashing with his refusal to compete. Take the Ottawa 3rd goal for example. Serge came out of the box and after a bit of play he got the puck high in the defensive zone. The Pens needed to get a change with the PKers being out for a while and Serge had a chance to skate the puck out of the zone. An Ottawa guy closed on him and Serge threw the puck back up the ice through the neutral zone ending up high in the Ottawa zone. Ruutu tried to get there but he was outnumbered. The Sens moved the puck quickly back towards the Pens end. The Pens were unorganized after a quick change since the puck did not get deep in the Sens end. Orpik made a bad decision. Whitney should have closed on Kelly instead of backing up and being used as a screen. The puck was in the back of the net.

Gonchar wasn't even on the ice so he didn't get a minus but if he had the heart and courage to play hard for his teammates he could have tried to skate the puck out of the zone and get to the redline and drill it deep into the Sens zone so the Pens could have executed a clean line change. Little stuff like this never shows up in the scoresheet, in the NHL scoring rankings, in a PS2 hockey game, etc but it can make the difference between winning and losing hockey games. In the playoffs this type of attention to detail, finishing the play, talking hits to make a play, etc can't be overlooked when each win and loss is so important.

EC was benched after his 2nd penalty. He came out of the box and skated until the sequence ended and never saw the ice after that. I wonder if he will dress today.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ron` on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:35 am

OFFENSE: B. Agree, MO is playing as good as he can ever be. Pray Roberts comes back next year. Overall alot less back passing coming into the zone, resulting in less Sens transitional play of the turnovers.

DEFENSE: D. Gonchar is either hurt or scared from last game. I didn't see him really rip a shot all game, possibly a shoulder problem? Melichar played as physical a game as I've seen him play since the shoulder saga's. Fluery was phenominal behind this group.

POWER PLAY: A. It's a simple thing here, get the puck on Emery and drive to the net. Enough dancing around the perimeter, he's not that good of a goalie imo. The box has to move on the ensuing scramble. I'd take those odds anytime with our skill level.

PENALTY KILL: A. Right on, this along with Fluery

GOALTENDING: A. See above.

OVERALL: B. I would raise this grade only because the won despite all the bad things that were put in front of them during the game. They never quit and matched Ottawa in physical play. This was a big forward step for a young team imo.

DISCIPLINE: F. The Ruttu penalty was the worst. They better watch early in today's game. I'm sure the league saw yesterdays on national TV and will probably promote a closely called game today. Keep your stick down in a back to back TV promo game.

STRIPED BUFFOON HUH? CALL OF THE GAME: This is a poster for why two refs is no better than one. All we did was dilute the talent level calling the games. More jobs for wannabe hack players etc. imo.

The really scary part is the stuff is escalating do to the non-calls. Sticks are up in the face on nearly every check. Alot of what seems like targeting of knees and legs. Serious intent to injure stuff. They better get a grip before someone is out for the season.

MICHEL THERRIEN: A. Agree, also for his composure despite the non calls.

KARMA: A. Schubert got the old what goes around comes around.

MICHEL OUELLET: A. As good as it gets, kudos MO.

JORDAN STAAL: A. Worst first rounder ever :roll:

GARY ROBERTS: A. I think everyone knows this now. Someone questioned why he's playing wing on my Fantasy Team, because he defines winger in my mind. He may be a good coach some day too.

OTTAWA FANS: F. No comment, didn't really notice anything beyond the normal.

EVGENI MALKIN: C. This kid is being taken out of his game with a few hits early it seems. I don't understand it at all.

SERGEI GONCHAR: G, for gutless. He's watching the best of Joe Melichar tapes from last season trying to improve his game. Or he's already hurt from last game.

NBC: F. NBC, VS, does it really matter? VS still can't get a penalty clock to display and seems to be dredging the depths for announcers.

TEAM 1200 RADIO: F. MAF was not a star because he ruined the dinner table set for the Sens by pulling the table cloth right out from under them :)
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:38 am

Well, as you know, Fleury was merely "solid" in net, so he was therefore not worthy of a star. :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:40 am

backcheck: A++
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MaddenFollower on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:40 am

Ron` wrote:OTTAWA FANS: F. No comment, didn't really notice anything beyond the normal.

The reason MCM gave Ottawa fans an F is because as soon as the we tied the game up early in the third and tied it up late in the third and eventually took the lead, their fans shut up completely. There were no boos for Crosby and when we took the lead it was almost like they knew it was coming. They're frontrunners just like the team they root for.
MaddenFollower

Postby DelPen on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:41 am

So I guess you missed the one play in the 3rd where Gonchar held the puck until Eaton was ready on the other side KNOWING he was going to get killed in the corner. But Gonchar ended up taking that hit for nothing because Eaton flubbed the pass and the Sens had a 2-0 right in front of Fleury.

That is not the play of someone who is gutless.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Ron` on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:42 am

MaddenFollower wrote:
Ron` wrote:OTTAWA FANS: F. No comment, didn't really notice anything beyond the normal.

The reason MCM gave Ottawa fans an F is because as soon as the we tied the game up early in the third and tied it up late in the third and eventually took the lead, their fans shut up completely. There were no boos for Crosby and when we took the lead it was almost like they knew it was coming. They're frontrunners just like the team they root for.
Didn't disagree, I just didn't see anything of note from their fans.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby steelhammer on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:43 am

Mad City Mike wrote:
MICHEL OUELLET: A. He is playing better than I have ever seen him. He is doing all the right things. Did you realize he was on the ice for the final defensive shift? He gets much criticism from all quarters, but maybe Therrien saw something in him after all. He is a responsible two-way player right now, and the Pens need more of those.

whoa, i see it i just don't believe it. props for giving the MO the respect he deserves here. he has been evolving all season long, but he has seriously elevated his game for the playoffs. i don't think he got enough credit for his hard work and perfect setup on the tying goal.

as a diehard christiansen fan, its been tough watching him this series. its not just those penalties, he is just not tough enough for the demands of this playoff series. i would almost favor playing thorburn over him if T hadn't sat for so long.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pfim on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:43 am

Then he's selectively gutless, because there were quite a few gutless plays by him yesterday.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:44 am

Just curious, were you yelling at Crosby for not shooting when he was on a breakaway and passed the puck about a foot behind Recchi instead of shooting?

I was! :evil: One of those voices in Sid's head push the wrong button. :)

MCM, saw those instances with Sergei. I've given up being
frustrated, cause he isn't changing at this stage. We
have to hope the good balances out the rest.

Marc-Andre Fleury~ clutch saves all game.

PK players, high marks. During the play-offs
that is even more high profiled. Ryan Malone, Max Talbot
Colby, Rob Scuderi.

Max Talbot scaring C Schueburt to make his awkard movement
to avoid contact; random injury there.

Evgeni needs support, he is trying to get the hang of these
play-offs. TErrific pass to...first to think out this play and
then to do it. Malkin was hitting back yesterday.
Geno can break open a game on any shift.

I was happy for Coach Therrien also.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tluke53 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:47 am

pfim wrote:

Then he's selectively gutless, because there were quite a few gutless plays by him yesterday.

I think that is right on! He does make some good playes in the D-Zone and takes hits. It seems like he almost always backs off when he and an opposing player are raising for a puck together and then trys to take it away from him. I used to see that same type of thing in deck hockey games when players were tyring to conserve energy or just didn't have enough gas. It wasn't a hitting thing, it was more of I'm tired thing. This may be the case with Gonchar. He does play a lot of minutes.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby zamboniman on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:47 am

I think it is interesting to see so much criticism of Gonchar's play in the last two games considering he has pretty much been playing like this the entire season. I am not going to bash Gonchar because it wouldn't be appropriate right now but I just find it interesting that when the games are that much more important, Gonchar's play suddenly gets recognized for what it is.
zamboniman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Draftnik on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:50 am

DelPen wrote:So I guess you missed the one play in the 3rd where Gonchar held the puck until Eaton was ready on the other side KNOWING he was going to get killed in the corner. But Gonchar ended up taking that hit for nothing because Eaton flubbed the pass and the Sens had a 2-0 right in front of Fleury.

I have no idea what sequence you are referring to. I don't doubt that it happened or that Gonchar has taken hits to make plays because I have seen him do it a few times in the 2 games. The point that has to be made though is that taking a hit to make a play isn't something you do part time. In the playoffs it has to be done every time without regard for the consequences because even if you do it 9 times out of 10 the 1 time in 10 can end up in the back of the net. Game over. It isn't optional.

Even worse than his not taking a hit to make plays all the time is his lazy lack of effort. Just like he gave up inside and positional advantage to Heatley through sheer laziness and gave the Sens the game clinching 4th goal Wednesday he was still stuck in neutral on the Alfie goal when he inexplicably chased Spezza high in the zone then lazily refused to drop back down low even though he knew Alfie was still there since he left Alfie to chase Spezza. The guy doesn't have the extra gear other players are digging down to find in the playoffs. Nothing has changed from 2001 when Straka wanted it more than Gonchar.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tluke53 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:50 am

penny lane wrote: Ryan Malone

Oh yea did not see many post-game comments on Malone. I thought he played much better than he did in Game 1. He was hitting a little bit more. This could also be because it seemed like he had less 5 on 5 ice time.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Draftnik on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:56 am

zamboniman wrote:I think it is interesting to see so much criticism of Gonchar's play in the last two games considering he has pretty much been playing like this the entire season. I am not going to bash Gonchar because it wouldn't be appropriate right now but I just find it interesting that when the games are that much more important, Gonchar's play suddenly gets recognized for what it is.

I've bashed him the whole time. I had hoped he would care enough about his teammates to show some more desire and courage. The Pens have some unique chemistry IMO. I also think the Crosby dynamic where the most talented player is the hardest working player and is fearless can get other players to be harder working and more courageous. I thought Roberts might hold him more accountable but maybe Roberts is too new to grab him by the neck and shake him.

I saw Alex Radulov dropping to the ice to block a shot the other night so I don't think it is impossible for guys to try harder in the playoffs.

The sequence where Gonchar had a 3 stride lead on Erik Cole on the PP during an early regular season Saturday night game and Gonchar pulled up and let Cole get the puck to avoid a hit was the most cowardly play I've ever seen in 30+ years of watching NHL hockey.

Gonchar was a lazy non-caring coward in 01 and he still is today. Fortunately the Pens got a split in Ottawa so maybe there is a small chance Serge can man up still.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby saleen66 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:59 am

BCHill wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:That’s more like it.

OFFENSE: B. A much, MUCH better effort than in Game 1. In the first and third periods, they got the job done. In the second, not so much. There was forecheck pressure that led to the third goal. That was just a beautiful play by Ouellet and Roberts. That might be the hardest check Ouellet has ever thrown. Then Roberts follows up with one of his own, and voila, there is Staal all alone in front. Yes, Ottawa, the Pens can hit every bit as hard as you can. I’m sure you’re happy that you got Oleg Saprykin instead of Gary Roberts at the deadline, eh? How’s that working out for you? Then, on the winning goal, that was just a beautiful transition rush. Tic-tac-toe, in the net. I must say, it’s one of those plays, that when it works, it’s great. Had Crosby not scored, I would have been yelling at Recchi for not shooting. But this time it worked to perfection. The third period in general was just great hockey by the Pens. The offense finally came alive after Therrien switched up the lines..

Yes :!:
saleen66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ron` on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:07 pm

All Gonchar haters man your oars lol
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Draftnik on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:14 pm

Ron` wrote:All Gonchar haters man your oars lol

This is what my opposition has always been about. He is a lazy floater that has one speed (slow) and won't always take a hit to make a play. Well, that and the fact his salary goes up as he ages and his ES production has significantly declined.

I had hoped the responsibility of being a mentor/big brother to Malkin, the Pens great chemistry, the Pens having so many hard working character players including Crosby, etc would get Serge to play like a man. I was wrong. Why doesn't he care about his teammates?

I hope he goes on to do some great things in the playoffs and all his fans are posting here mocking me and celebrating his triumph. I wouldn't bet any $$$ on that happening though.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ron` on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:18 pm

Draftnik wrote:
Ron` wrote:All Gonchar haters man your oars lol

This is what my opposition has always been about. He is a lazy floater that has one speed (slow) and won't always take a hit to make a play. Well, that and the fact his salary goes up as he ages and his ES production has significantly declined.

I had hoped the responsibility of being a mentor/big brother to Malkin, the Pens great chemistry, the Pens having so many hard working character players including Crosby, etc would get Serge to play like a man. I was wrong. Why doesn't he care about his teammates?

I hope he goes on to do some great things in the playoffs and all his fans are posting here mocking me and celebrating his triumph. I wouldn't bet any $$$ on that happening though.
Dude that was a commentary on how fast a game winning thread can turn into a Gonchar Bash fest. I never said he had a good game. Relax.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins