Red Line Reports: Draft Break Down

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Bowser on Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:58 pm

PITTS - I'm not sure I get you. EJ never played for the Penguins. In the NHL, he tended for Boston, St Louis, Toronto and Chicago.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:03 am

Bowser wrote:PITTS - I'm not sure I get you. EJ never played for the Penguins. In the NHL, he tended for Boston, St Louis, Toronto and Chicago.

There goes my pro wrestling angle...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bowser on Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:07 am

Net - the 'angle' still works because EJ was an OLD man when he retired... dude was 42 years old. I don't know who was worse, EJ or "Hulk Hogan" or Ric Flair. woooooooo
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:05 am

Pitts wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Bowsers CP post the other day contained a fact I'd forgotten about the Zalapski / Francis deal with Hartford. EJ was the GM up there? Then he took a job with the Pens.

Let me clarify that even more for you: EJ was a player for the Pens, took management position with them after he retired from playing, then went to Hartford to be the GM where he made that famous trade with the Pens...then came back to work for the Pens!!!

Yeah I knew about all that except I'd totally spaced out on the part about him being GM of the Whalers when he made "The Trade".

Interestingly enough, in my mind, this serously taints CP's legagcy. I'd always given him full credit for that trade, another way of putting it is "The Trade" was always at the top of the list in the "Good things CP has done" column. Well, not any more. It's now in a seperate column with an asterisk. That swings the balance for me. There's now more items (so to speak) in the "Bad things CP has done" column.

I think it's time for a change.

"The straw that broke the camels back"

Good for CP that I don't make the decision huh :-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins