The Isle of Capri video shown this weekend

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The Isle of Capri video shown this weekend

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:39 pm

LAME!!! Just absolutely inept as a the tool it was intended to be.

I don't know who to blame, whether it is the Pens, IOC, Nationwide or all three, but you had 30,000+ captive audience members - almost all of which care about the Pens (presumably Devils or Flyers fans would not want to see us move either, so maybe everyone cares). The presentation should have been on the ice!! What about Laser projections, split down the middle so that each side of the ice could view - LARGER THAN LIFE - EXACTLY what we would be getting from their plans, or LOSING without them.

The idea is to stir the hearts of the masses, all of whom would be allies in their war against Fat Ed and the Forrest Monster.

What I got was "film strip", complete with subtitles and no narration, to a mind-numbing cool jazz type riff that made me want to jump from E Balcony.

I want to see the Penguins History - emphasize the beautiful plays from Superstars like Jagr, Kovalev, Apps, Pronovost, LaRouche, Lemieux, Crosby, the Cup years - all of which will CEASE if this plan does not get the support it deserves.

Show me better, larger simulations of the interior of the arena, tell me what National food franchises, bars, etc. are currently doing business in the Nartionwide Arena and other top properties in the NHL!

Tell me about the urban development plans. DO NOT assume that I will read your plans on-line. SELL ME to get some action out of me and many others like me.

A narrated, top-notch presentation is what they need, and instead I get a video with all the pizzazz of a Health Class informational video on VD.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby BJL on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:45 pm

It wasn't the first time they had shown it... they showed it last week and announced when they would be showing it. It got huge applause the first time, but this time I had already seen it and didn't even pay attention to it - otherwise it would have seemed like it was a bigger deal than what it did yesterday.
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby spoon on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:46 pm

yeah I saw it last week. It was aight but even sitting in C31 it was tough to tell wtf was going on. At leastg get it online. They blew thru the planned update images.
spoon
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beech_is_God on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:33 pm

I think it would be hard to show on the ice with all the markings.

If they are going to use that video, the least they can do is announce it. The first time they played it (last week I guess) they announced during the first period it was going to be played during intermission. Then I hear that jazz music and I look up more than halfway through. I didn't even know it was playing.
Beech_is_God
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beech_is_God on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:23 pm

Beech_is_God
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:32 pm

Is this the first time that anyone has come out with an artists rendition of the interior of the Arena?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins