Crosby against philly trash

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Crosby against philly trash

Postby spi on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:11 pm

I was curious to know if the Cryer fans who frequent this board are aware that Sid the diver baby who is overrated has 6 goals and 7 assists for 13pts in 7 games against the trash this year.

Yeah, he really isnt that good.... right.
spi
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Without the Pittsburgh Penguins the city of Filthadelphia woul'nt know the meaning of the word: SKILL
NIN

Postby Jamie on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:46 am

I also find it interesting that the Flyer fans and Philly media called Sid a whining diver. Well I have to tell you that is like the pot calling the kettle black. Philly has more diving penalties this year than the Pens, and their players cry and bark at the refs just as much as any body else does.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:22 am

You can't blame them... Having been tagged as on of the top three teams in the East, year after year after year.... with NOTHING to show for it... Save a great deal of choaking that is...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ivand87 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:49 am

I can't wait for them to choke in the playoffs again. It's a guarantee.

If you guys want some fun, torture every Flyers fan on #nhl on EFnet (that's IRC for the technically challenged and/or non-geeks).

A guy who is an op there, "flyer", is particularly difficult to rattle though, I've been trying to piss him off for a while without success, though he obviously hates the Pens.

Oh and for those Flyers fan who post there, I have a question for you: Why do you hang here in the first place? I'm no one to tell you to get the hell out cuz it's not my site, but it's quite pathetic to see you people with more than 5 posts on a Penguins' board. We're last in the division and YOU STILL CAN'T IGNORE US?!

They couldn't be more jealous of us having Sidney Crosby if they tried!

But that's to be expected of Cryers fans. And the media stirring up the whole Crosby thing with him supposedly being a diver and a whiner is also no surprise.
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:01 am

You guys never cease to amaze me especially the newbs. First off who ever said Crosby wasn't good or killed the Flyers. Please go back and find quotes or at least give an example than just talking out your ass. He was called spoiled, a whiner a diver but never his talent was questioned. It's obvious the kid has grown up tremendously this year through a target on his back. He's not whining to the refs any more and certainly not diving as much.

I know Jamie likes to pull out her Flyers diving pims every chance she gets, but when those comments were made the Pens and Crosby did have more dives than any of the Flyers. It's obvious he changed it around, didn't mean he was never guilty of it. Since when have I ever said Forsberg isn't a known diver? Never.

For your comment on why some Flyers fans care about the Pens, please look around, I'm the only Flyers fan really here so to make yourself feel more important that we somehow have the Pens on the brain is ridiculous. You'll find more anit Flyers post here than vice versa on any Flyers board. Trust me, the Rags and Devils concern fans more then the Pens do. As far as why am I here, well I've been here for a while, know many here from Igloo Report that I was with a long time ago, live here in Pittsburgh though I'm from Philly, enjoy the hockey talk except when it comes from some of you trying to be noticed, many of my close friends are diehard Pens fans, this is a hockey board. We have a number of Pens fans on our board as well as Rags, Devs, Leaf yet we see them the same.

As for your comment on Roy, that's a joke. Gauthier had no chance to drop the gloves and isn't a fighter anyways. When I was here two weeks ago I saw countless post about Brashear beating on a guy ( Kasparitis) that wasn't a fighter. At that time Brash was a coward yet Roy does it and he's a real tough guy. Hypocrites plain and simple. As for the other fights, who has fought thie year Eager, Richards and Meyer. Meyer isn't a fighter and the last to fights were mutual if not antoginized by the Pens. Brash isn't fighting these guys. He's owned Roy his whole career and beaten Cairns more than vice versa, so I don't get you thinking somehow the Pens are a more physical team or the Flyers are afraid to get into fisticuffs. The Flyers don't fight anyone as it is.

To keep saying we hate the Pens because of Crosby is just making yourselves feel better. We hate the Pens regardless and I don't know of one Flyers fan that honestly is jealous of Crosby. Not one I know of and I know many. Would we like to have him? Yeah but doesn't mean we covet him especially like some do Ovechkin.
FlyerNation

In support of FlyerNation

Postby Penspal on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:37 am

FlyerNation

I agree with what you said, especially about the newbs ;)

The only thing wrong with you, is that you like the Flyers! Plain and simple.

Glad to have a knowledgble and articulate fan of another team on board, even if it is the Flyers.

PensPal
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jamie on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:29 pm

FlyerNation wrote:You guys never cease to amaze me especially the newbs. First off who ever said Crosby wasn't good or killed the Flyers. Please go back and find quotes or at least give an example than just talking out your ass. He was called spoiled, a whiner a diver but never his talent was questioned. It's obvious the kid has grown up tremendously this year through a target on his back. He's not whining to the refs any more and certainly not diving as much.

I know Jamie likes to pull out her Flyers diving pims every chance she gets, but when those comments were made the Pens and Crosby did have more dives than any of the Flyers. It's obvious he changed it around, didn't mean he was never guilty of it. Since when have I ever said Forsberg isn't a known diver? Never.

For your comment on why some Flyers fans care about the Pens, please look around, I'm the only Flyers fan really here so to make yourself feel more important that we somehow have the Pens on the brain is ridiculous. You'll find more anit Flyers post here than vice versa on any Flyers board. Trust me, the Rags and Devils concern fans more then the Pens do. As far as why am I here, well I've been here for a while, know many here from Igloo Report that I was with a long time ago, live here in Pittsburgh though I'm from Philly, enjoy the hockey talk except when it comes from some of you trying to be noticed, many of my close friends are diehard Pens fans, this is a hockey board. We have a number of Pens fans on our board as well as Rags, Devs, Leaf yet we see them the same.

As for your comment on Roy, that's a joke. Gauthier had no chance to drop the gloves and isn't a fighter anyways. When I was here two weeks ago I saw countless post about Brashear beating on a guy ( Kasparitis) that wasn't a fighter. At that time Brash was a coward yet Roy does it and he's a real tough guy. Hypocrites plain and simple. As for the other fights, who has fought thie year Eager, Richards and Meyer. Meyer isn't a fighter and the last to fights were mutual if not antoginized by the Pens. Brash isn't fighting these guys. He's owned Roy his whole career and beaten Cairns more than vice versa, so I don't get you thinking somehow the Pens are a more physical team or the Flyers are afraid to get into fisticuffs. The Flyers don't fight anyone as it is.

To keep saying we hate the Pens because of Crosby is just making yourselves feel better. We hate the Pens regardless and I don't know of one Flyers fan that honestly is jealous of Crosby. Not one I know of and I know many. Would we like to have him? Yeah but doesn't mean we covet him especially like some do Ovechkin.

HAHAH find two other posts where I have mentioned diving. You are not going to, becuase once again you are making it up as you go along FN. This is the first post I have ever mentioned the Flyers diving. And by the way I am a he. But keep on making up the bull**** as you continue to lose credability on this board.

You continuously post that you offer a different point of view. I also remeber having a conversation on this board with you when Philly was on a roll, and you were bragging how they were gonna win the cup. Lately you come on this board and throw your beloved Flyers under the bus saying how they stink, and Clarke is an idiot.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:33 pm

OH OH .... WWIII ... Jamie and FN facing off, gonna be some friendly fire on this one. :-)

Image :shock:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 pm

Jamie wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:You guys never cease to amaze me especially the newbs. First off who ever said Crosby wasn't good or killed the Flyers. Please go back and find quotes or at least give an example than just talking out your ass. He was called spoiled, a whiner a diver but never his talent was questioned. It's obvious the kid has grown up tremendously this year through a target on his back. He's not whining to the refs any more and certainly not diving as much.

HAHAH find two other posts where I have mentioned diving. You are not going to, becuase once again you are making it up as you go along FN. This is the first post I have ever mentioned the Flyers diving. And by the way I am a he. But keep on making up the bull**** as you continue to lose credability on this board.

You continuously post that you offer a different point of view. I also remeber having a conversation on this board with you when Philly was on a roll, and you were bragging how they were gonna win the cup. Lately you come on this board and throw your beloved Flyers under the bus saying how they stink, and Clarke is an idiot.
Liar. I have never once here or any message board for that matter predicted the Flyers would win the cup. Not last playoffs, not during the lockout, not in August when the Pens were real contenders, not after Forsberg, not after our road trip. I've said things like if they continue to play the way the they have they have as much of a shot as anyone and even then I have been on the Ottawa > Flyers pretty much all season. If anyone is making crap up it's you. Credibility? As if you have any. I see your name being argued constantly here basically due to the female/ male mixup. It's not your hockey post that gives you credibility it's the fact that no one can tell if you're a he or a she.

You're here with all your peeps, I certainly don't have too many regulars here taking my back at least not anymore and certainly have trolled enough to not blame my common dislike. This is your house and I respect this board and Admin but if you want to give me your best shot go ahead.
FlyerNation

Postby Jamie on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:33 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Liar. I have never once here or any message board for that matter predicted the Flyers would win the cup. Not last playoffs, not during the lockout, not in August when the Pens were real contenders, not after Forsberg, not after our road trip. I've said things like if they continue to play the way the they have they have as much of a shot as anyone and even then I have been on the Ottawa > Flyers pretty much all season. If anyone is making crap up it's you. Credibility? As if you have any. I see your name being argued constantly here basically due to the female/ male mixup. It's not your hockey post that gives you credibility it's the fact that no one can tell if you're a he or a she.

You're here with all your peeps, I certainly don't have too many regulars here taking my back at least not anymore and certainly have trolled enough to not blame my common dislike. This is your house and I respect this board and Admin but if you want to give me your best shot go ahead.

Show me one post where my name is being argued. Again you are not going to find one. Again you make **** up. You see it is the fact that you make **** up is why you lose credability. I find it interesting that you ignore the point of my post, which was I have never posted anything about diving, which was a response to YOUR post. Now we can go back and forth on this, but again you make crap up about people arguing my name on here all the time. And you completely ignored my point as to how lately you have been coming on here and trashing your own team. You are the first person as far as I know that has had a problem with identifying me as a female when I am a male. And for the record, I do not dislike you. I read your postds and for the most part enjoy them, but when you post something about me or use my name, I would like it to be factualy correct.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:45 pm

I don't like the Flyers because they're from Philadelphia and I'm from Pittsburgh, and I am strongly in favor of Philadelphia leaving PA and joining the ass of the world that they created in New Jersey.

Oh, and I don't like Hitchcock. He just isn't very smart and it's frustrating to read or listen to what he has to say.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:53 pm

FlyerNation wrote:You're here with all your peeps, I certainly don't have too many regulars here taking my back at least not anymore and certainly have trolled enough to not blame my common dislike. This is your house and I respect this board and Admin but if you want to give me your best shot go ahead.

I enjoy talking with you when you aren't inciting riots :D .
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:53 pm

Jamie wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Show me one post where my name is being argued. Again you are not going to find one. Again you make **** up. You see it is the fact that you make **** up is why you lose credability. I find it interesting that you ignore the point of my post, which was I have never posted anything about diving, which was a response to YOUR post. Now we can go back and forth on this, but again you make crap up about people arguing my name on here all the time. And you completely ignored my point as to how lately you have been coming on here and trashing your own team. You are the first person as far as I know that has had a problem with identifying me as a female when I am a male. And for the record, I do not dislike you. I read your postds and for the most part enjoy them, but when you post something about me or use my name, I would like it to be factualy correct.
I apologize. I don't know why I thought it was you. I believe it was Jesse that was the one many here confused with a girl I think. My bad if not true.

As for me throwing the Flyers under the Bus. I was accused of being a homer on here all year. I have said in the past I am anything but a homer. I hope you are not one of those fans who feel if you critique your team or bash them than you're not a real fan. Hey, I call it the way I see it and right now this is the worse Flyers team that I have seen in years especially under Hitchcock. I'm certainly not going to be her fluffing them when I would be clowned beyond belief if I did that especially coming off a game when one of the worse teams in the league not only shut us out but domintaed in every facet. I am sick of this team playing with no passion, no discipline, no system, no effort, and using injuries as the main excuse. Does it have allot to do with that yeah but they were more decimated in December and were 1 point our of the league lead. My bashing of Clarke is simple, he's the only constant in the orginization. Players and coaches have changed still he is still here. I bash the Flyers yes and I might not be ra ra for them all the time but it doesn't mean I don't love them just the same.

Anyways, my bad. I wasn't intending of fighting with any of the vets here anyways, just these newbs.
FlyerNation

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:57 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
Jamie wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Jamie wrote:

I apologize. I don't know why I thought it was you. I believe it was Jesse that was the one many here confused with a girl I think. My bad if not true.

As for me throwing the Flyers under the Bus. I was accused of being a homer on here all year. I have said in the past I am anything but a homer. I hope you are not one of those fans who feel if you critique your team or bash them than you're not a real fan. Hey, I call it the way I see it and right now this is the worse Flyers team that I have seen in years especially under Hitchcock. I'm certainly not going to be her fluffing them when I would be clowned beyond belief if I did that especially coming off a game when one of the worse teams in the league not only shut us out but domintaed in every facet. I am sick of this team playing with no passion, no discipline, no system, no effort, and using injuries as the main excuse. Does it have allot to do with that yeah but they were more decimated in December and were 1 point our of the league lead. My bashing of Clarke is simple, he's the only constant in the orginization. Players and coaches have changed still he is still here. I bash the Flyers yes and I might not be ra ra for them all the time but it doesn't mean I don't love them just the same.

Anyways, my bad. I wasn't intending of fighting with any of the vets here anyways, just these newbs.

Never have a real problem with your posts, excpet for the fact that you like the evil empire. The Flyers look a little sluggish right now. I wonder is Nittymaki will make a difference. I'm not a big Esche fan.

When is AN due back?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jesse on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:36 pm

FlyerNation wrote:I apologize. I don't know why I thought it was you. I believe it was Jesse that was the one many here confused with a girl I think. My bad if not true.

So, wait, I'm the one with no credibility all of a sudden?

You know better than that, FN.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:48 pm

Holy edit down the "Quotes" Batman!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Daniel on Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:51 pm

Jim wrote:Holy edit down the "Quotes" Batman!

Why? It makes it easier to read the thread. :D
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:04 pm

FlyerNation wrote:To keep saying we hate the Pens because of Crosby is just making yourselves feel better. We hate the Pens regardless and I don't know of one Flyers fan that honestly is jealous of Crosby. Not one I know of and I know many. Would we like to have him? Yeah but doesn't mean we covet him especially like some do Ovechkin.

I read some stuff on a Flyer board and they can't wait until the team moves out of Pittsburgh lol. Why is that?
NIN

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:04 am

Daniel wrote:
Jim wrote:Holy edit down the "Quotes" Batman!

Why? It makes it easier to read the thread. :D

I agree, but at times it's too much. IWhen replying to larges posts, I try to only quote the part I'm replaying to. It can get cluttered realy quick.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:06 am

NIN wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:To keep saying we hate the Pens because of Crosby is just making yourselves feel better. We hate the Pens regardless and I don't know of one Flyers fan that honestly is jealous of Crosby. Not one I know of and I know many. Would we like to have him? Yeah but doesn't mean we covet him especially like some do Ovechkin.

I read some stuff on a Flyer board and they can't wait until the team moves out of Pittsburgh lol. Why is that?

The same reason you'd read the same thinkg about the Flyers on this board if the situation was reversed - Penguin fans hate the Flyers, Flyer fans hate the Pens, and a lot of people on both sides are stupid. :D

I would never want the Flyers to fold becausae it would deprive me of the joy I feel when we beat them. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

hate them

Postby FuturePens on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:15 am

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HATE THE FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: hate them

Postby FlyerNation on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:06 am

FuturePens wrote:IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HATE THE FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your participation sport. Very insightful.

NIN as for Flyers fans wanting the Pens to leave, I don't get it either if they do. Many times it's more a running joke than actually wanting them to leave. I hate it. I have never once on here even hinted to the fact I want them to split. Why would I? I can't stand living in a city with no hockey team. One of the reasons Pittsburgh was even an option or I might have stayed in San Diego. I rarely get back home so the Flyers coming to town is a big deal. What other team would my friend break my balls about? I in no way want to see the Pens leave and I think any real Flyers fan with any sense of history doesn't want that neither.

If anything I'd say much of it has to do with the fact that Flyers fan perhaps see the Pens as a struggling orginization who really can't garner the fan support even in previous years to legitimize them staying. I'm sure to a point they view the Pens as poor scrubs and they have to share their revenue with teams like the Pens. Not surprising so do Leaf, Wings, Rags fans.

It will be a somber day if they ever leave town not so much for me but the hockey folks here in Pittsburgh who deserve the team to stay. It'll also be another example of Bettman ruining a once great sport with his moving of teams and over expansion creating some of this mess.
FlyerNation

Re: hate them

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:14 am

FlyerNation wrote:[

It will be a somber day if they ever leave town not so much for me but the hockey folks here in Pittsburgh who deserve the team to stay. It'll also be another example of Bettman ruining a once great sport with his moving of teams and over expansion creating some of this mess.

I appreciate that you would feel bad for the fans of the Pens if they leave, but I hardly think Bettman has any blame in this if they do. The new CBA, which Bettman has his fingerprints all over, is one of the main reasons they even have a prayer of staying.

The folks to blame are all elected officials, followed by the blue hairs and the "old before their time" young residents of Pittsburgh, who are in one way or another helping to torpedo any options the Pens have had for the new arena they were promised long ago.

The politicians job of screwing the Pens is getting harder thanks to some momentum for the IOC plan, but the public money option was rejected out of hand because of the prevailing sentiment of the population there. Watch the handful of 30 somethings who will respond to this post complaining about tax burden, etc.

Bettman is not an issue in the Pens future.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins