Arena article from the Philadelphia Inquirer

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Arena article from the Philadelphia Inquirer

Postby Admin on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:41 am

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pitts on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:07 am

I thought that was a well written (pro Pens) piece. It's good to see these types of articles surfacing across the State. Maybe it will throw some support the Pen's way from over there and make Rendell sweat a little more.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bill from turtle creek on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:30 am

One thing we can all be certain of, is that Rendell definitely reads the Philadelphia Inquirer. If the Inquirer suggests that this may be a political issue for him, then he has to take it seriously. Usually the Inquirer editors line up to orally service him, they are so infatuated with him.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:41 am

I think Rendell and his advisors need to understand that this IS a political issue in Western Pennsylvania. He will lose most of his support if this arena issue falls flat. Whether he likes it or not, they can deny it all they want, his future depends on this decision.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guido on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:04 pm

It may be a good idea to email the author of the article and commend him and encourage more good work. Why not flood all of their email addresses, lets get some momentum over there!!

But, yes, definitely good to see that there are intelligent, level-headed people across the state....they're not all like slick eddie.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:27 pm

From the article:

"The governor is absolutely getting an unfair shake on this, and I think it's part of a calculated plan to build pressure," said John Estey, Rendell's chief of staff."

Okay John, what's unfair about it? Other than saying you're "working on it" what is your Plan "B" for a new Multi-purpose arena for the SouthWestern PA region?

Forget the Pens, it's NOT ABOUT THE PENS, it's about a new Multipurpose Arena for SWPa
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby MKRA on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:40 pm

It is important for residents in areas who normally support Rendell to email him and let him know how they feel. I'm in the Philadelphia area and I emailed him to let him know he has lost my household's two Montgomery County votes over the Penguin issue.

This kind of thing has to carry weight.

Others should do the same.
MKRA
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:44 pm

This news from the Eastern part of the state intrigues me. I'm really curious about the possibility of a groundswell there of citizens who recognize that NO STATE MONEY will be needed for an IoC built Arena.

From their perspective the IoC bid is very simple and there's no reason I can think of why anyone from that side of the state (and that would include lawmakers) wouldn't be for the IoC bid.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Ben Klingston on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:30 pm

Pitts wrote:I thought that was a well written (pro Pens) piece. It's good to see these types of articles surfacing across the State. Maybe it will throw some support the Pen's way from over there and make Rendell sweat a little more.

I couldn't help but snicker at the opening paragraph:

"...new arena for the Pittsburgh Penguins, the city's pro-hockey team..."

'pro-hockey'?? Based on their play this year, I'm not sure they are really 'pro-hockey'.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins