Fleury and Whitney on AHL clear-day roster for WBS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Fleury and Whitney on AHL clear-day roster for WBS

Postby mnpensfan on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:16 pm

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2006/03/13/1485924.html

Would be nice to see Fleury gain a ton of confidence with a great playoff run......
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Fleury and Whitney on AHL clear-day roster for WBS

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:39 pm

mnpensfan wrote:http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2006/03/13/1485924.html

Would be nice to see Fleury gain a ton of confidence with a great playoff run......

It is the one missing piece of the puzzle for him. He needs to come up big in some big games and show that he is capable of carrying a team in the playoffs.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:41 pm

I would like to see him come up big in the first period regularly. How often are the Pens down one or two going into the first break? I know it has a lot to do with team play in front... but that's the point of being a star goalie.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:49 pm

I wonder if whether all the jumping back and forth between the Pros and minors has affected Fluery at all in a negative way.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:54 pm

The best thing about the WB clear day roster is that it puts and end to the nonsense about Crosby going to play there at the end of the NHL regular season. I can't believe how much run that got anround here.

The other thing I noticed is that there is no Andy Chiodo or Paul Bissonette. Not that long ago Chiodo was a god based upon his playoff performances and Bissonette was a kid that almost cracked the NHL in his first camp as a pro. Now they're both in Wheeling. I don't know if anyone saw that coming.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:54 pm

I do not really think so. Most young players expect that. I would also think that agoalie would expect it even more as that position is mostly a one person deal. It's not really a high rotation spot like a Dman or forward. You don't see team putting a goalie in for one period and then pulling him, just for the experiance.

I could see annoyance at the start of this season when they signed Thibault as a starter instead of as a back up to him (Fleury) and then sending Fleury to WBS for ice time... but a negative on his development... I do not think so.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BJL on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Plus... Fleury just flat loves to play. This won't bother him one bit. He's probably looking forward to it.
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Admin on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:16 pm

netwolf wrote:The best thing about the WB clear day roster is that it puts and end to the nonsense about Crosby going to play there at the end of the NHL regular season.

It ain't over until it's over.

"Only those players listed on a team’s Clear Day roster are eligible to compete in the remaining five weeks of the 2005-06 AHL regular season and in the 2006 Calder Cup Playoffs, unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension." :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

?

Postby penny lane on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:09 pm

:?:

i guess tomas surovy & michel ouellette have used up
all of their time in the minors?
WBS will miss those 2.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:29 pm

Admin wrote:"Only those players listed on a team’s Clear Day roster are eligible to compete in the remaining five weeks of the 2005-06 AHL regular season and in the 2006 Calder Cup Playoffs, unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension." :lol:

Damn dirty apes! :twisted:
ImageImage
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MrKnowNothing on Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:18 pm

I think that if Fleury strings together a couple more good games, they should send him back, letting him end the season in the NHL on a good note. Also, it would give him some time to get back in the rhythm of things in the AHL, instead of being thrown right into the fire.

But if history proves right, they will throw him right into the fire.
MrKnowNothing

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:48 pm

:lol:
NIN

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins