alain nasradine

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

alain nasradine

Postby Rohit on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:17 pm

so, starry eyes and glory of winning these last two games set aside, how did AN fare in the nhl?

i could only listen to the radio feed so i really dont know how he played? is it possible for his presence to aid the penguins since he is such a likeable guy, or are his skills just not up to par to play regular nhl time?
Rohit
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bowser on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:39 pm

He played real well on the penalty-kill, he impressed me. I would rather have him playing than Eric Cairns.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Tocchet on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:54 pm

For the first time all season, playing seven d-men actually makes sense. I'd rather see Bogy than Nordgren, but who cares. I like Nesreddine in there, but I don't want to lose the toughness and rare shift that Cairns can provide from the backline.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bowser on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:58 pm

but I would like to see Cairns get more than 36 seconds.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

The Snapshot

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:53 pm

Bowser wrote:but I would like to see Cairns get more than 36 seconds.

I don't know if you caught this or not, but after the Flyer game, when all of the Pens were celebrating the shutout with MAF, Cairns made a bee-line for the locker room. He got there so fast that the door was still closed, and then, he turned around and saw Therrien coming across the ice.

He stayed at the doorway and gave everyone a little high-five, but I honestly don't think that was his intention.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: The Snapshot

Postby Pitts on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:55 pm

The Snapshot wrote:He stayed at the doorway and gave everyone a little high-five, but I honestly don't think that was his intention.

I think he does that every game. The old "last man off the ice" gig.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Snapshot

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:59 pm

Pitts wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:He stayed at the doorway and gave everyone a little high-five, but I honestly don't think that was his intention.

I think he does that every game. The old "last man off the ice" gig.

You are probably right. I knew he hadn't played very much, so it looked kind of odd.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby superconan on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:46 pm

Tocchet wrote:For the first time all season, playing seven d-men actually makes sense. I'd rather see Bogy than Nordgren, but who cares. I like Nesreddine in there, but I don't want to lose the toughness and rare shift that Cairns can provide from the backline.

I agree, and of course Cairins knows his role, and as long as he is getting a chance to play and not being a scratch everynight he will be happy.

Add having a seventh d-man isn't a bad idea considering Whitney is (or was) leading all rookies in ice-time.
superconan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins