MT must be fired

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby farnham16 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:15 pm

A. Wont happen
B. Shouldnt happen
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,885
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:16 pm

Uhhhhhhhhhh.........NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,368
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Postby doublem on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:18 pm

Ogie wrote:He will def be on a short leash.. I suspected Shero wanted to bring his guy in..

I also hate how mnay line changes he makes. Plus, Therrien hates matchups and that killed him at home.


No you are wrong, it worked well all year. Plus shero already said he isnt going to change coaches. Mt will win the Adams you dont fire a coach with a 47 point turnaround.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:05 pm

Postby wondermoose on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:18 pm

Har har har, bandwagon fans stick out like sore thumbs once again. Perhaps once you watch hockey for more than a season you'll think twice before making this post.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:18 am

Postby RichieStark on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:19 pm

47 point improvement.

Need I say more?
RichieStark
 

Postby Doogs on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:19 pm

I like MT as the coach, but the Pens need to hire a hypnotist to get him over his infatuation with Mango Salsa.

Keep MT, cut the Caveman!!!
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby RichieStark on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:20 pm

Doogs wrote:I like MT as the coach, but the Pens need to hire a hypnotist to get him over his infatuation with Mango Salsa.

Keep MT, cut the Caveman!!!


Don't even start with Ouellet. He played harder towards the end of the season than half of our team.
RichieStark
 

Postby meow on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:20 pm

You're crazy if you think MT should be fired. Don't jump off the bandwagon too fast.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,049
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Postby Doogs on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:21 pm

Come on Ritchie, he scored alot on the PP early, and not much more at the end.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:21 pm

RichieStark wrote:
Doogs wrote:I like MT as the coach, but the Pens need to hire a hypnotist to get him over his infatuation with Mango Salsa.

Keep MT, cut the Caveman!!!


Don't even start with Ouellet. He played harder towards the end of the season than half of our team.


I have to admit,I liked MO in the playoffs.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,368
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Postby wondermoose on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:21 pm

Doogs wrote:I like MT as the coach, but the Pens need to hire a hypnotist to get him over his infatuation with Mango Salsa.

Keep MT, cut the Caveman!!!


You should actually watch the games from time to time. You'll find it helps with avoiding posts like this one.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:18 am

Postby Doogs on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:22 pm

Yeah, I don't watch the games. Good call.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby joker10277 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:23 pm

Unfortunately we are stuck with him............... He's a bad game coach, doesn't match lines and plays the wrong players.......

He's a great AHL coach..........
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,792
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:37 pm
Location: West Mifflin

Postby RichieStark on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:23 pm

Doogs wrote:Come on Ritchie, he scored alot on the PP early, and not much more at the end.


I said he played hard, not scored often. :wink:
RichieStark
 

Postby doublem on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:23 pm

Ogie wrote:
doublem wrote:
Ogie wrote:He will def be on a short leash.. I suspected Shero wanted to bring his guy in..

I also hate how mnay line changes he makes. Plus, Therrien hates matchups and that killed him at home.


No you are wrong, it worked well all year. Plus shero already said he isnt going to change coaches. Mt will win the Adams you dont fire a coach with a 47 point turnaround.


MT will not win the Adams, if Buffalo wins another round, Ruff has it wrapped up..

Murray schooled Therrien in the playoffs. Line changes weren't a problem when we went on that huge streak.


For one thing it doesnt matter about playoffs, its reg season. Murray team outplayed Mt team. With the lack of wingers and a good d Mt will win.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:05 pm

Postby Doogs on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:25 pm

Playing hard doesn't solve a shutout.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby yeahimajerk on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:26 pm

wondermoose wrote:Har har har, bandwagon fans stick out like sore thumbs once again. Perhaps once you watch hockey for more than a season you'll think twice before making this post.


Pffft. I hate hockey snobs.
yeahimajerk
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:43 am
Location: Scott Township, PA

Postby RichieStark on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:26 pm

Doogs wrote:Playing hard doesn't solve a shutout.


Hey, when the #1 player in the NHL doesn't score, don't put the blame on someone else for not scoring. Ouellet played his heart out IMO, which many other players on that team can not say.
RichieStark
 

Postby doublem on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:28 pm

RichieStark wrote:
Doogs wrote:Playing hard doesn't solve a shutout.


Hey, when the #1 player in the NHL doesn't score, don't put the blame on someone else for not scoring. Ouellet played his heart out IMO, which many other players on that team can not say.


Just because you dont win doesnt mean you dont play hard. Ott is playing the same game. They just played better.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:05 pm

Postby Doogs on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:28 pm

Not here to debate, just think that there has to be more to the MO and MT story than meets the eye. There is no way that MO belonged on the second line as long.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,965
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby RichieStark on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:29 pm

doublem wrote:Just because you dont win doesnt mean you dont play hard. Ott is playing the same game. They just played better.


That's true, no doubt, just look at Game 4. Either way, I just didn't think that they gave it everything this game. Look at the Sens 3rd goal; nobody wanted to play the puck!
RichieStark
 

Postby wondermoose on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Ogie wrote:
wondermoose wrote:
Doogs wrote:I like MT as the coach, but the Pens need to hire a hypnotist to get him over his infatuation with Mango Salsa.

Keep MT, cut the Caveman!!!


You should actually watch the games from time to time. You'll find it helps with avoiding posts like this one.


So you think Yeo should stay?


In my eyes, the players stopped playing. How can one explain that a power play works all season then once the postseason hits, it stops. Also, is it just a coincidence that EVERYONE agrees that Gonchar was the worst player for us in the playoffs? You recall who plays the point for the full two minutes? Ah right... Gonchar. Okay Yeo, take him off and put... Recchi there? Oh wait, tried that earlier in the year and it didn't work. A COACH SIMPLY CANNOT MAKE A PLAYER PERFORM.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:18 am

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lemieuxReturns, Puck-Lurker and 17 guests


e-mail