potential good news on Malkin in RLR

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

potential good news on Malkin in RLR

Postby Draftnik on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:52 pm

According to an unnamed GM, the initial Russian negotiator that took a hardline on the transfer agreement has disappeared. The new head of the Russian Federation is allegedly more moderate and open to getting a deal done. Bettman allegedly sat down with the new Russian delegation while he was in Turin to see what initial elements of a deal could be constructed.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,011
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Peters Twp.

Re: potential good news on Malkin in RLR

Postby Pitts on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:55 pm

Draftnik wrote:According to an unnamed GM, the initial Russian negotiator that took a hardline on the transfer agreement has disappeared.


Isn't it strange how they always just disappear in Russia! The mob must want some new money coming in! :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,067
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: potential good news on Malkin in RLR

Postby pfim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:56 pm

Pitts wrote:
Draftnik wrote:According to an unnamed GM, the initial Russian negotiator that took a hardline on the transfer agreement has disappeared.


Isn't it strange how they always just disappear in Russia! The mob must want some new money coming in! :D


It's called Operation Bob.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: potential good news on Malkin in RLR

Postby Pitts on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:58 pm

pfim wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Draftnik wrote:According to an unnamed GM, the initial Russian negotiator that took a hardline on the transfer agreement has disappeared.


Isn't it strange how they always just disappear in Russia! The mob must want some new money coming in! :D


It's called Operation Bob.


Ha! So it was a success!?!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,067
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: potential good news on Malkin in RLR

Postby pfim on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:05 pm

Pitts wrote:
pfim wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Draftnik wrote:According to an unnamed GM, the initial Russian negotiator that took a hardline on the transfer agreement has disappeared.


Isn't it strange how they always just disappear in Russia! The mob must want some new money coming in! :D


It's called Operation Bob.


Ha! So it was a success!?!


I can't say :wink:
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Postby NIN on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:20 pm

If he does'nt play in the NHL he wont be as good when the olympics come back around.
NIN
 

Re: potential good news on Malkin in RLR

Postby Fast B on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:20 pm

Draftnik wrote:According to an unnamed GM, the initial Russian negotiator that took a hardline on the transfer agreement has disappeared.


Good news for the Penguins, possibly, but this is actually sort of disturbing. It's like something out of a B movie.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,813
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:36 pm
Location: San Mateo, CA

Postby skullman80 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:24 pm

He needs to be here next year at any cost.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,942
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Postby netwolf on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:09 am

skullman80 wrote:He needs to be here next year at any cost.


I agree. I would prefer both, but if I had to pick between more FA signings or getting Malkin over here, I pick Malkin. I imagine the league wouldn't be happy about one of their teams setting the precedent for transfer fees though.

I don't think the league could outright stop it though, if that's the course the team wanted to take.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,329
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby DelPen on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:25 am

netwolf wrote:
skullman80 wrote:He needs to be here next year at any cost.


I agree. I would prefer both, but if I had to pick between more FA signings or getting Malkin over here, I pick Malkin. I imagine the league wouldn't be happy about one of their teams setting the precedent for transfer fees though.

I don't think the league could outright stop it though, if that's the course the team wanted to take.


Considering Malkin is probably better than anyone we could sign they need to focus on him.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 32,147
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Mad City Mike on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:29 am

netwolf wrote:I don't think the league could outright stop it though, if that's the course the team wanted to take.


But if Patrick is the GM, you know Malkin will not be here. Has has to be the least "rock the boat" GM in the league right now. If there is no way to do it within what the league wants, he will not do it.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,568
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Postby ville5 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:27 am

[quote="Mad City Mike"][quote="netwolf"]I don't think the league could outright stop it though, if that's the course the team wanted to take.[/quote]

But if Patrick is the GM, you know Malkin will not be here. Has has to be the least "rock the boat" GM in the league right now. If there is no way to do it within what the league wants, he will not do it.[/quote]
First, if there is a new negotiator, Bettman will have a new deal in place. One would think. Second, if it's between getting Malkin over here or losing his rights, CP will have him here.
ville5
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,415
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Humperdink, iWonTheCup87, jimreb, MarioLives, no name, owtahear, Row_Z, RxBandit66, Steve Dave, the wicked child, themadstork and 42 guests

e-mail