I'm sorry...what?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

I'm sorry...what?

Postby Stevens25 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:51 am

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06074/670416.stm

I can't believe he sits there and says thay Sidney whines all the times and refuses to be physical. Has he even watched the Pens play? :roll: Sid the Kid takes it and he dishes it out as well. I'm shocked myself at how tough he is.
Stevens25

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:08 am

My, my, my, look who is all grown up now and talking tough in canada.

Daniel Freakin' Alfredsson??

A man who did'nt make the NHL until he hit 23 years of age has made a derogatory insult towards an 18 year old rookie who is having a better season than each and everyone of Alfredssons previous 9 NHL seasons.

Amazing.

He is having a MONSTER season this year and now he has the superstar mentality to go along with it. He could'nt just praise Ovechkin and say he is the best and leave it at that. No he had to take the time to point out how much better he handles the hitting than Crosby who is 3 inches shorter and 2 years younger.

Congradulations Alfredsson you have arrived! Your a bonified bigshot now arent you Danny? I guess now that the papers in canada arent talking about how soft Alfredsson is he feels like he can start throwing around criticism of his own.

I really hope Orpik catches Alfresson on March 21st. I really hope Alfredsson does'nt "cry" when he gets leveled like stars get leveled in this league. Not marginal stars but superstars like Alfredsson is this season. Guys that are tough and don't "cry" like Alfredsson are trully an inspirational to us all and I cannot wait to see how he carries himself. Maybe Crosby can learn how not to "cry" on March 21st??
NIN

Postby Rohit on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:27 am

mar 21 is my 21st birthday

i hope ill be drinking to a victory
Rohit
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby superconan on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:32 am

NIN wrote: I guess now that the papers in canada arent talking about how soft Alfredsson is he feels like he can start throwing around criticism of his own.
?

Well yeah, the play-offs haven't started yet.
superconan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Reilly on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:59 am

Alfredsson has been in as many Stanley Cup finals as Crosby has.
Reilly

you go!

Postby penny lane on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:09 am

Reilly wrote:Alfredsson has been in as many Stanley Cup finals as Crosby has.

ding-ding

by all means Sid should seek out & introduce himself to
alfredsson next week. :wink:

shawna richer at the globe & mail in her blog about Sid has a story
today about the Calder race with other NHL people giving their
opinions.
Read that M Brodeur gave Sid, after the 1st game, his goalie stick.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:30 pm

Further down in the article, talking about Koltsovs play, the quote MT "He creates a lot of turnovers the way he can chase the puck-carrier," Therrien said. "But he's got to chip in once in a while."

Is there anyone else who wishes MT could let up for even a minute to praise a player without throwning in a 'motivational' message? The constant 'badgering' has to be getting old these guys.

Sometimes, even if you feel it's not entirely warranted, pointing out a guys good points and stopping before adding the 'BUT', can be a bigger motivational tool than a public airing of faults.

I'm not saying he should be Edzo, but geeze man, let them breath for a minute before you dunk their collective heads under water again.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Jan on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

"Crosby said he was aware of Alfredsson's comments but declined to address them."

Sidney is already more mature than Alfredsson. :roll:
Jan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:02 pm

THe real bottom line on this issue is the way the players are treated. Simply, if you look at thow the refs, and other players, treat Crosby and AO you can understand why there are different reactions by the two. If Crosby got the kid glove care by the refs that AO gets, he wouldn't ahve to make comments. If AO was consistantly mauled while the refs looked on, he would probably me more vocal (I say probably just to head off the typical 'You can't know how blah blah blah comments).
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:09 pm

Jim wrote:THe real bottom line on this issue is the way the players are treated. Simply, if you look at thow the refs, and other players, treat Crosby and AO you can understand why there are different reactions by the two. If Crosby got the kid glove care by the refs that AO gets, he wouldn't ahve to make comments. If AO was consistantly mauled while the refs looked on, he would probably me more vocal (I say probably just to head off the typical 'You can't know how blah blah blah comments).

Chicken or egg?

Having worn the 'striped shirt' in the past, I honestly believe the only disparity the two received was due to Sid's early season inability to keep his emotions (and tongue) in check on the ice.

I'm convinced he's turned it around recently and the Ref's seem to have taken notice...
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins